Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Hey, he's useful for fighting Liz in the AP Dailies!

One of the final bosses of London is a Lancer Dragon too.

But it's not exactly a common typing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

a kitten posted:

That reminds me

You have to know these things when you're a King, you know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

One of the final bosses of London is a Lancer Dragon too.

But it's not exactly a common typing.

the final boss of camelot is also a lancer dragon

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dammit, Thrice-Setting Sun isn't in yet.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Dammit, Thrice-Setting Sun isn't in yet.

The unlock requirements include beating London, so no, it wouldn't be.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

If you mean the Swimsuit Ishtar, as a Free Servant given out for an event her ascension materials are unique and handed out with the event you get her in.

I meant for skills. :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

The unlock requirements include beating London, so no, it wouldn't be.

Really? But it takes place in Septem according to Cirnopedia?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Really? But it takes place in Septem according to Cirnopedia?

yeah, some interludes are like that

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
These level 90+ quests are pretty rough without Merlin. You need to replace him with 2 characters to get the same level of sustain and survivability and that ends up making your damage drop significantly.

Since my damage is so terrible using Jeanne and Tamamo on these stupid quests, I want to try building up my Caster Nitocris and spam 150% Instant Death chance AOE Noble Phantasms. Depending on the Servant, I should have anywhere from 30% to 78% actual chance to kill them. On average, I'm hoping to kill 1 Servant per NP.

It's not a strategy I've heard anyone using, so I don't know if it's really stupid or really brilliant.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I believe enemy Servants get a big boost to their Death Resist on top of their innate resist.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
That would suck if they did. I'm not really sure why they would, considering the rate they die is probably about on par with just whittling them down with dedicated damage dealing teams. It's just that the normal teams get kicked in the balls without Merlin backing them up now.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Enemy Servants apparently have a 0.1% Death Rate.

Man, that's even worse than I thought.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is pretty lame.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Have you people never played a jRPG in your lives

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its fine to make big boss enemies mostly immune to instant kill, but random servant enemies in waves before the boss being nearly immune is dumb.

Whats the point of Instant Death effect if most of the things vulnerable to it will be nearly killed by the standard damage anyways?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
There will be beefy enemies that aren't servants you can pull out the instant death gimmicks for in the future.

In fact there's an event practically designed around giving you that chance.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

And then there Hans Christian Andersen, the 5-Star disguised as a 2-Star.

Relly? He is great and cheap but even if you spam his np every three turns that is only a 20% buff on def and atk. And even on level 100 he won't contribute much to damage output. Am I missing something here?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

genericnick posted:

Relly? He is great and cheap but even if you spam his np every three turns that is only a 20% buff on def and atk. And even on level 100 he won't contribute much to damage output. Am I missing something here?

Uh, have you heard his voice?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

For a 2-star, he has an attack steroid that beats out a lot of charisma abilities of other servants. And because it's not a skill but a NP, it's cheap to max it out with more copies. Arts chaining can build him up even more. He lacks the versatility of Waver in stalling and shutting down the enemy but he's crit focused.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Info for Summer 2017 part 2 is up. IT'S A JAIL BREAK!
http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/2017summer02/

Also holy poo poo, this CE.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Also holy poo poo, this CE.

Who's the guy in the wooden chair? If it's meant to be Vlad he's looking shockingly healthy.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's Vlad.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its fine to make big boss enemies mostly immune to instant kill, but random servant enemies in waves before the boss being nearly immune is dumb.

Whats the point of Instant Death effect if most of the things vulnerable to it will be nearly killed by the standard damage anyways?

Instant death AOE NP servants like Nitocris and Saber Shiki have basically one niche: they slaughter packs of trash, even if they have large HP pools. They're...not good for bosses. It's just not what they're made for.

Caster Nitocris in particular is a great servant for farming XP hands (With a kaleidoscope you can basically knock out two waves in two turns by herself), and useful later in the story when you see waves of trash mobs with huge health pools. Dealing with servants is just not in her job description.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I love that everyone, fanartists and TM alike, are on the same wavelength that Moriarty would definitely wear a Hawaiian shirt.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's kind of a dick move that the challenge quests suddenly cost 40 AP each while also still being hard enough that you'll need multiple tries to figure out a working strategy

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I love that everyone, fanartists and TM alike, are on the same wavelength that Moriarty would definitely wear a Hawaiian shirt.

Well, he doesn't look like a big fat party animal...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Freak Futanari posted:

It's kind of a dick move that the challenge quests suddenly cost 40 AP each while also still being hard enough that you'll need multiple tries to figure out a working strategy
Another reason to switch to NA, all the JP players figured out the best strategies years ago!

For example I know now to prepare for Camelot now by trying to get David and Euryale.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Another reason to switch to NA, all the JP players figured out the best strategies years ago!

For example I know now to prepare for Camelot now by trying to get David and Euryale.

Why would i ever play on a server that doesn't have Ruler Martha yet

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat, the part 2 event shop doesn't have any hearts or bones. I have like 5 servants waiting on those.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I didn't believe that Euryale made Gawain that easy until I actually saw a video where he didn't get even a single turn and he died in like less than 8 turns. To be fair, in that video he was using both Euryale and Stheno with an Archer Servant.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

I didn't believe that Euryale made Gawain that easy until I actually saw a video where he didn't get even a single turn and he died in like less than 8 turns. To be fair, in that video he was using both Euryale and Stheno with an Archer Servant.

2 Euryales, a Stheno, and the mystic code with the stun can keep a male boss charmed/stunned literally forever.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Just fed all my exp ups to Saber Lily, she's now level 60 and that much closer to third ascension. I need lots of those drat white spike things, I have no idea where to get them.

Emiya's about ready for second, just need a bunch more Archer pieces.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Just fed all my exp ups to Saber Lily, she's now level 60 and that much closer to third ascension. I need lots of those drat white spike things, I have no idea where to get them.

Emiya's about ready for second, just need a bunch more Archer pieces.

Dragon Fangs, I guess? Thiers in Orleans or the 10AP in Friday Dailies are your best bet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's a good chance that a whole bunch of your Servants not only need Dragon Fangs, but need a lot of them. I think it's a good idea in general to try spend a few AP each day at Thiers, maybe 28 or so max, trying to get a few. Barring days where you have a more concrete/specific goal in mind, of course.

Like I have 20 or so now, reserved for Medea and Robin, but I know I need about 20 more for Artoria and like 24 for Lancelot eventually.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah its those things. I need a bunch for Medea as well. I didn't realize second ascension didn't change character appearance. So I want to get that squared away asap. Thanks for the tip about Thiers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

For future reference if you want to check where to get Drops, use this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/edit#gid=1623869169

(Make sure you change the tab to the NA one)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

For future reference if you want to check where to get Drops, use this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/edit#gid=1623869169

(Make sure you change the tab to the NA one)

I swear that thing must be lying about Fuyuki X-C and X-G for Unlucky Bones. I've poured like 100 AP into them and gotten zilch.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

I swear that thing must be lying about Fuyuki X-C and X-G for Unlucky Bones. I've poured like 100 AP into them and gotten zilch.

I think all the free quest data in it is based on very old Japanese crowdsourced data, so there is a remote possibility that it's no longer accurate. The daily data is all recently collected, though.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So what's everyone doing with their 3* CEs? I don't have any CE's that I'm heavily invested in right now. Just banking exp into 1* CEs until I find something I need maxed. Been thinking of just selling the 3* for mana prisms since I know some items will cost a ton of mana to get them all at some future event/date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I rarely touch my CE's, the 1*s aren't enough to boost my 5*s and 4*s and I don't get those enough to boost their max potential.