Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dameius posted:

Depends, do you like having fun?

i have been known to enjoy a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like me some grinding and Diablo 3 checks all of the right boxes.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I like grinding so much I deleted 2 level 80 gems on accident.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

bio347 posted:

You know, one of the things I like the most about the LazyStorm build is using Bone Spirit. It's a cool-rear end spell that hits like a nuke, and it's another one of those things where it's rather disappointing that the Good Necromancer Builds are all so niche in what they use. Particularly since the skill pool is so narrow to begin with.

Bone Spirit needs some sort of interaction with Pestilence (at the very least!), Death Nova needs legendary support that isn't complete garbage, and it's a crime that CE builds top out as low as they do.

You should check out the blood nova build on diablofans. It's a speed build that can do up to torment 12 really well, could probably do 13 with excellent gear but I found it slows down pretty quick. The damage isnt there without cubing scythe of the cycle to speed run much higher but ingeom is a must for speed builds. Just a recommendation if you wanted to try to shoe death nova into a build.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

stuxracer posted:

I augmented the wrong stat, that's just how much I like grinding

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

stuxracer posted:

How and why would you ever delete gems

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I tried to do Boss Rush with a group last night, but never got a pop up for Kulle, and had no idea he was even dead until after everyone else got the achievement.

Anyone else run into an issue with boss fights not popping up? Just trying to figure out if there's something I can do to minimize it before trying again.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've been asking about boss mode in the community for about a week with no takers, anyone wanna plan a run for 7 central tonight?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

mewse posted:

I've been asking about boss mode in the community for about a week with no takers, anyone wanna plan a run for 7 central tonight?

I'm interested. I'm running a sweep attack crusader build though, so I might not be the most helpful. My single target damage is kind of lackluster.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
It's run on T10. Killing speed doesn't matter, covering long distances quickly is what matters.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Suspicious posted:

It's run on T10. Killing speed doesn't matter, covering long distances quickly is what matters.

Forgot it was T10, that's very doable for the build. I can throw swiftmount in the cube for extra mobility.

I assume the strategy is to have people run to boss entrances, tp back to town and then accept an invite to another fight?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
The usual strategy is to have everyone find a boss (start with the toughest to find, e.g. Adria) and TP back to town and wait. The last person to find their boss triggers the fight. Once the boss is dead, someone else WAYPOINTS (not TP!) back to town and takes their portal down to the boss they found and triggers that fight, and so own until all found bosses have been fought. Split up and find new bosses and repeat the process.

Note that to get credit, you must participate in every single boss fight. The timer also starts from game creation, not when you fight the first boss.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've been enjoying the Lazystorm build, and I don't even have a Blind Faith yet. I'm almost reluctant to get one too as it'd mean losing a fair bit of durability due to having to shoehorn a RoRG into my build. Replacing my ancient, augmented Inarius helm won't be fun either.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't think Console has "waypoint" in addition to "teleport".

We just have a button for "teleport back to town, with a Portal in town that can take us back to where we originated"

Do any of these Boss Mode guides work for Console?

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I got my Demon Hunter to the point that I can comfortably farm T13 rifts with 1-2 deaths if I'm sloppy. Do I just farm those now and slowly replace my gear with Ancient stuff so I can do GR70 to unlock Primals?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You can't open the act map and choose the town in it? How do you go to various areas for bounties? :confused:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

I've been enjoying the Lazystorm build, and I don't even have a Blind Faith yet. I'm almost reluctant to get one too as it'd mean losing a fair bit of durability due to having to shoehorn a RoRG into my build. Replacing my ancient, augmented Inarius helm won't be fun either.

I don't even use blind faith and lazily run GR70s in about 3-4 minutes, depending on how many juggernauts I run across. I also use the 2h Reilena though, so I run slower, but I kill faster. It doesn't have to spam bone armor to keep movement speed up from the offhand, although I do use my mouse buttons to stun big packs (bone spikes) or elites (corpse lance) as I run around when I just need to melt things. I might try it out one of these days, but giving up Lornelle's or Unity feels really squishy, even if running Aquilas and String of Ears. I don't use dayntee because having to constantly curse everything sounds like a lot of work and if running with another necro, we have to fight for the damage reduction (Blizz, please change this for S12).

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

I have no where else to share this, but I'm excited and wanted to say it somewhere:

I got a primal golden flense last night, which allowed me to finally make it onto the crusader S11 leaderboard! Now I just need a furnace (and a ramalalal's gift) and hopefully I can hit GR80.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

flirty dental hygienist posted:

I got my Demon Hunter to the point that I can comfortably farm T13 rifts with 1-2 deaths if I'm sloppy. Do I just farm those now and slowly replace my gear with Ancient stuff so I can do GR70 to unlock Primals?

I'd ask in LLJK or post your profile here and ask for advice because a DH (at least shadow) can do GR70 comfortably without any ancients (although an ancient dagger won't hurt).

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

I'd ask in LLJK or post your profile here and ask for advice because a DH (at least shadow) can do GR70 comfortably without any ancients (although an ancient dagger won't hurt).

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/doombot666-1507/hero/93550533

I did some lame enchanting, rerolling Dex to a higher amount cause I thought more Dex = more damage.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Roll sockets into your jewelry. Socket is the #1 priority for all rings and amulets regardless of class or build.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

It doesn't have to spam bone armor to keep movement speed up from the offhand
As far as I can tell the ticks from the bone storm keep the stacks up permanently though? Assuming you're running the cold damage rune, which it sounds like you are.

But yeah, I'm not thrilled about losing either Unity or Compass Rose myself.

I did some lame enchanting, rerolling Dex to a higher amount cause I thought more Dex = more damage.
Those two missing legendary gems are definitely doing you no favours at all. There are a few minor issues like bad/missing affixes (no elemental damage on the bracers, only one socket in the pants, low gem tiers in general, wasted skill/MS on the boots) that would enhance your performance a bit as well if addressed. It looks like you'll need considerable more cooldown reduction to get perma-Vengeance as well.

Work on getting "your follower can't die" class tokens for your Enchantress/Templar as well – shouldn't be hard using the cube to upgrade rare items. Either of them would be a better choice than the Scoundrel, who unfortunately doesn't add all that much in the grand scheme of things.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 14, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Apologies if I'm way off the mark here, but it looks like you're halfway between running the Marauder-Sentry Build and running the Marauder-Shadow-Fan of Knives Build.

You've got the 6pc bonus of Marauder but you don't have Sentry as a skill which is very strange, so it's doing literally nothing for you.

Try this build! You're really close to it and it'll let you go GR70 without any need for Ancients and DEFINITELY no need for Augments.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-marauder-sentry-cluster-arrow-build-patch-2-6-season-11

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Those two missing legendary gems are definitely doing you no favours at all. There are a few minor issues like bad/missing affixes (no elemental damage on the bracers, only one socket in the pants, low gem tiers in general, wasted skill/MS on the boots) that would enhance your performance a bit as well if addressed. It looks like you'll need considerable more cooldown reduction to get perma-Vengeance as well.

Work on getting "your follower can't die" class tokens for your Enchantress/Templar as well – shouldn't be hard using the cube to upgrade rare items. Either of them would be a better choice than the Scoundrel, who unfortunately doesn't add all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah I'm working on getting a new necklace and ring, or at least reforging them to get a socket so I can put in the two legendary gems. I used the Scoundrel since I had the better gear for him but want to switch to the Templar for sure for the heals. Thanks!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Apologies if I'm way off the mark here, but it looks like you're halfway between running the Marauder-Sentry Build and running the Marauder-Shadow-Fan of Knives Build.

You've got the 6pc bonus of Marauder but you don't have Sentry as a skill which is very strange, so it's doing literally nothing for you.

I have the UE Grenade build with the Unhallowed Essence set, is it showing something different for you? I don't have any Marauder gear equipped. Is this build easier to play cause I'm all about easy and want to be able to clear Grift 70. Thanks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yeah I'm working on getting a new necklace and ring, or at least reforging them to get a socket so I can put in the two legendary gems. I used the Scoundrel since I had the better gear for him but want to switch to the Templar for sure for the heals. Thanks!

I have the UE Grenade build with the Unhallowed Essence set, is it showing something different for you? I don't have any Marauder gear equipped. Is this build easier to play cause I'm all about easy and want to be able to clear Grift 70. Thanks

Lol, I have no clue what happened. I was viewing a different hero/profile.

You need to get Sockets on all 3 pieces of jewelry and Bane of the Trapped and Bane of the Stricken to your build. Make sure all 3 are at least at level 25 before you attempt a gr70.

Get all of the Emeralds on your character to lv10. Right now you've got some low level emeralds. Plus you only have 1x socket on your Pants, so try and find a second pair of Depth Diggers with two sockets (I had no idea it could even roll with a single socket!)

On your Wraps of Clarity, roll "Life per Hit" off and roll "Fire Damage" on.

On your Unsanctified Shoulders, roll off "Rain of Vengeance" for Area Damage.

On your Hellcat Waistguard, keep rolling that Grenade Damage one until you get the perfect 15%.

On your Fiendish Grips, keep rolling that Critical Damage one until you get the perfect 50%.

Your Compass Rose sucks, so you could Reforge that and I almost guarantee it'll be better than your current one.

Your Hellwalkers suck too (Rapid Fire Damage but you don't use Rapid Fire) so use your blood shards on Shoes for a while and hope for better Hellwalkers.

Overall, you're lucky enough to have 2x Ancient Weapons and you're wearing all the correct gear. Do a pinch of optimizing, get your 3 legendary gems equipped, and get your Emeralds all to lv10 and you'll ace a gr70 with no deaths in 5 minutes.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 14, 2017

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol, I have no clue what happened. I was viewing a different hero/profile.

You need to get Sockets on all 3 pieces of jewelry and Bane of the Trapped and Bane of the Stricken to your build. Make sure all 3 are at least at level 25 before you attempt a gr70.

Get all of the Emeralds on your character to lv10. Right now you've got some low level emeralds. Plus you only have 1x socket on your Pants, so try and find a second pair of Depth Diggers with two sockets (I had no idea it could even roll with a single socket!)

On your Wraps of Clarity, roll "Life per Hit" off and roll "Fire Damage" on.

On your Unsanctified Shoulders, roll off "Rain of Vengeance" for Area Damage.

On your Hellcat Waistguard, keep rolling that Grenade Damage one until you get the perfect 15%.

On your Fiendish Grips, keep rolling that Critical Damage one until you get the perfect 50%.

Your Compass Rose sucks, so you could Reforge that and I almost guarantee it'll be better than your current one.

Your Hellwalkers suck too (Rapid Fire Damage but you don't use Rapid Fire) so use your blood shards on Shoes for a while and hope for better Hellwalkers.

Overall, you're lucky enough to have 2x Ancient Weapons and you're wearing all the correct gear. Do a pinch of optimizing, get your 3 legendary gems equipped, and get your Emeralds all to lv10 and you'll ace a gr70 with no deaths in 5 minutes.

This is great!! Thanks so much!

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Devonaut posted:

I augmented the wrong stat, that's just how much I like grinding
3 of any? cool I have tons of topaz/ruby/emerald. Those few hundred extra Str are good for my wizard.

I have no idea what happened to the gems. I unsocketed those 2 gems to help leveling, put in stash, made a new character and they are gone. I've gone over all my gear a few times and even the wardrobe says the gems don't exist.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Wizard brothers. How likely am I to manage a GR70 using a Tal Rasha Spectral Blades build?

I get that lightning archon is great and all, I do not yet have a star fire to make it work (nor Manald Heal). I stomped my first run at 50 in 4:47 with the gear I have. Is there some upper limit to where this build will be able to go?

*edit* Will be switching Bane of the Powerful for Esoteric Alteration when I start progressing further. If I ever see a Manald Heal I'll swap Arcane Dynamo for Paralysis.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 14, 2017

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Here's me, https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jolinar-1232/hero/92453545

I'm all kinds of interested in advice, but I think at this point I'm just farming/rerolling for better versions of what I've got.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

GoingPostal posted:

Here's me, https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jolinar-1232/hero/92453545

I'm all kinds of interested in advice, but I think at this point I'm just farming/rerolling for better versions of what I've got.
Re-roll the skill damage on your belt to Life% for sure. More crit/chance damage on your rings might be nice too.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

mewse posted:

I'd be in.

mewse
May 2, 2006

twice burned ice posted:

I'm interested. I'm running a sweep attack crusader build though, so I might not be the most helpful. My single target damage is kind of lackluster.

Swilo posted:

I'd be in.

Add me mewse#1952

e: we did boss mode good job everyone

mewse fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 15, 2017

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

I added you. Let me know in game when you're ready.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

mewse posted:

- Have numlock on
- Bind actionbar abilities to 1-4 numlock
- In-game, hold down one of those buttons while turning off numlock
- Wala, autocast

Dunno if you were being serious or not but uh it's "Voila"

Also, it's me, I'm the idiot that salvaged a primal rathma's chestpiece that would have been perfect if I rerolled some sort of +% golem damage to armor/vitality.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 15, 2017

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
I got Avarice conquest. 53 t13 bounties, probably didn't need that many, but I wanted to be safe. Got my first Primal https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pandemonium-loop-3qRY1q Not any good for my Bonestorm - Necro, but I'm still excited. Is it any good for any other class build? or Should I just salvage?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Shags posted:

Got my first Primal https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pandemonium-loop-3qRY1q Not any good for my Bonestorm - Necro, but I'm still excited. Is it any good for any other class build? or Should I just salvage?
Unfortunately that's pretty much of no use to any build.

mewse
May 2, 2006

MF_James posted:

Dunno if you were being serious or not but uh it's "Voila"

Haha whatever you say frenchie

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
Shame, Oh well. The hunt for the next primal will continue.
What thes best augmentation to do on Inarius - Bonestorm build?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Shags posted:

Shame, Oh well. The hunt for the next primal will continue.
What thes best augmentation to do on Inarius - Bonestorm build?

Int

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Well, I learned something from this thread. Before now I never knew that the written word "voila" and the "wa la" vocal exclamation were the same concept. It makes sense, in a French way. I just never thought about it.

Thanks, Goons. :unsmith: