Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Sex is a terrible foundation for a relationship, Haier. What happens when your dick stops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

uncle hair dropping wisdom

I've got a few questions that are more "mind o' haier" than china, but since you haven't started your own thread of go pro video yet....:

how much do you think your upbringing, and to an extent your marriage, affected your wanderlust and/or desire to live overseas and your general attitude towards being in china now?

are you not back in america bc you are just hiding from student loans or warrants?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
did you guys actually think haier was gonna bring cg along with him as some kind of rescue mission when there are millions of hot bhabis for the taking where he's going

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

JewKiller 3000 posted:

did you guys actually think haier was gonna bring cg along with him as some kind of rescue mission when there are millions of hot bhabis for the taking where he's going

I might be wrong but my extensive study of Indian culture (Something Awful) tells me it's pretty hard to pick up over there. Might be a good thing coz I'm sure his dick needs some downtime.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i feel that, even in the bay area most of the indian girls have arranged marriages. and since it's the bay area, that's like half the girls out of the running right there

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i feel that, even in the bay area most of the indian girls have arranged marriages. and since it's the bay area, that's like half the girls out of the running right there

As someone who married a bay area Indian girl, yeah, arranged marriage was her backup if she hit 30 without finding a husband, and she knows plenty of people who have had arranged marriages. On the other hand, at least bay area Indians don't seem to have the weird India belief that love marriages just plain don't work... it's more like arranged marriage is an option if you want it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Marriage is actually super good if you find the right person and are a right person your self.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Baronjutter posted:

Marriage is actually super good if you find the right person and are a right person your self.

pffff look who's not a horribly broken human being

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Ceciltron posted:

Sex is a terrible foundation for a relationship, Haier. What happens when your dick stops?
That's what India is for me. It's good.

ladron posted:

I've got a few questions that are more "mind o' haier" than china, but since you haven't started your own thread of go pro video yet....:

how much do you think your upbringing, and to an extent your marriage, affected your wanderlust and/or desire to live overseas and your general attitude towards being in china now?

are you not back in america bc you are just hiding from student loans or warrants?
My dad lives in Asia. My mom moves around because of her friends all over the world. Without my mom, I have nothing in the US I care for particularly, and she doesn't care to be there either. I have always been this way because of my parents. My dad lived in Asia for a decade before I was born, and also in Europe for about 7 or so years, and he only would go to the USA for business. My parents divorced when I was young, and custody meant I had to spend every summer with my dad. This mean going wherever he was going for business, since he didn't want to leave me sitting in Bangkok alone as a kid (a lot of weird Thai guys were definitely on that pedo business for white kids back then).
It became normal for me to move around, be in places where I couldn't speak the language, sit in factories, and get gawked at by locals. Kids can make friends anywhere, even without speaking the same language, so I made a lot of friends to play with every day. They taught me where to go play video games in Bangkok, since back then consoles were too expensive for people. Rich families would by like 10 Sega Genesis, 10 Super Famicoms, and then get those disk-loading emulator cartridges for them and let kids pay by the hour to play bootleg games. We'd play street soccer and then go play Sonic at the hole in the wall game shops for 10 baht an hour. My summers were spent getting diarrhea, swimming (not in diarrhea), playing games outside, and tons of video games against kids that couldn't speak English. I met kids from around the world stuck in the same situation, and sometimes there would be crews of Thai, Australian, British, American, German, Indian, and Russian kids all hanging out together.

I am not running from anything. I just like moving around, experiencing new stuff. I grew up this way, and when I became an adult I continued it on my own dime. My marriage didn't affect this much, she was really interested to do it with me since she'd been raised and spend most of her life in one small area. It was definitely fun hanging with your "best friend" and bonding over living in places that might normally make a single person tired. The only major thing she changed for me was realizing that marriage wasn't that big of a deal, and I didn't need it in my life at all. It is an experience we are all kind of forced to go towards, but it doesn't mean we all need it. When she was dumb and ruined it with her hidden drug problem, I was fine with going my own way and continuing what I wanted to do. I haven't talked to her since then and I probably never will again, even though I know she stalks my social media.

EDIT: Yeah, my wife went to China. She hated every single second of it and every single person here right down to their hair styles and pants. I have never seen her rage on a place so hard. It was hilarious, but it was only a visit.

Outrail posted:

I might be wrong but my extensive study of Indian culture (Something Awful) tells me it's pretty hard to pick up over there. Might be a good thing coz I'm sure his dick needs some downtime.
100% correct. No womenz 2 talk 2 in India for bob tuching and sax. It is a very strict environment for someone like a non-Indian guy wandering around on a bicycle with bags full of samosas swaying from the handle bars. I really need to get a basket for my bike this time. Many a good chutney bag has slipped to the dogs due to carelessness.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

the other half are gay

it's hopeless

leave as soon as you can, the odds are absolute poo poo there

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Turns out when you bribe the government to get a drivers license you don't magically gain the ability to drive.

Edit: Or cheat on the test.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Do they not have pockets?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Steakandchips posted:

Do they not have pockets?
Mainlander's rules of owning a phone:
If your phone is iPhone (or maybe Samsung if you're odd)-
- Always carry it in your hand so everyone can see you own this type of phone.
- Never, EVER put a case on it to protect your 6000 RMB purchase. The case will prevent people from seeing what kind of phone you have.
- Make sure to crack the screen as soon as possible.
- Buy the newest model whenever released.

If your phone is not iPhone (or maybe Samsung if you use Android)-
- Put a case and screen protector on it so people don't know kind of phone it is at casual glance.
- Get used to people asking you why you own that type of phone.
- Ask other non-iPhone owners why they didn't buy an iPhone.
- Keep the phone in the pocket or purse.
- Keep the phone and wear it down until it's time for a new one.

EDIT: I have two phones. One medium-tier Android, and one iPhone. I use the Android for about 99% of phone stuff. I am constantly asked why I didn't buy an iPhone, and why foreigners obviously don't use iPhones based on the sample size of one (me). I pull out the iPhone and then am asked why I have a case on it, especially one that covers the Apple logo, and why I don't use it as my main phone. My answer of "I like Android better" always met with confusion, since Chinese versions of Android are pure malware and spyware frontends.

Haier fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 15, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Goddamnit

Haier, I'm sorry, but I have to ask

Does the CG fire in spurts

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
lol

https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/897373953685061632

edit: I should show up in my redcoat uniform and just kick all their asses

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Haier posted:

Mainlander's rules of owning a phone:
If your phone is iPhone (or maybe Samsung if you're odd)-
- Always carry it in your hand so everyone can see you own this type of phone.
- Never, EVER put a case on it to protect your 6000 RMB purchase. The case will prevent people from seeing what kind of phone you have.
- Make sure to crack the screen as soon as possible.
- Buy the newest model whenever released.

If your phone is not iPhone (or maybe Samsung if you use Android)-
- Put a case and screen protector on it so people don't know kind of phone it is at casual glance.
- Get used to people asking you why you own that type of phone.
- Ask other non-iPhone owners why they didn't buy an iPhone.
- Keep the phone in the pocket or purse.
- Keep the phone and wear it down until it's time for a new one.

EDIT: I have two phones. One medium-tier Android, and one iPhone. I use the Android for about 99% of phone stuff. I am constantly asked why I didn't buy an iPhone, and why foreigners obviously don't use iPhones based on the sample size of one (me). I pull out the iPhone and then am asked why I have a case on it, especially one that covers the Apple logo, and why I don't use it as my main phone. My answer of "I like Android better" always met with confusion, since Chinese versions of Android are pure malware and spyware frontends.

My students used to laugh at me for having a Xiaomi. Now I laugh at them because they're all going to fail out of their poo poo Nebraska college. Also the phone died after a year.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haier's starting to lose it

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Don't refer to Chaoshan Girl as "it", you racist gently caress.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
rip haier. probated for pirating leprechaun 4: in space

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jose posted:

rip haier. probated for pirating leprechaun 4: in space

Hahahaha holy poo poo actually though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Genesplicer - Haier vendetta continues.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo actually though

Gee I wonder who might have been reporting his posts

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Jesus Christ, genesplicer. Really?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Genesplicer - Haier vendetta continues.
genesplicer is just following the rules here.

One of you guys should get Haier plat.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Haha genesplicer sucks.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What the gently caress are we going to talk about for a week?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
BOOM genespliced

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I get the probation for :filez: but a full week is bullshit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
blow me genesplicer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Glenn Quebec posted:

Haha genesplicer sucks.

he's a boomer so no surprises there

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Tangentially related FYAD bust up into qcs saying they are gonna rape someone in their retarded rear end and they get maaaaybe a 6 hour probe. I'm sure gene would say it's not his jurisdiction

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Haier posted:

at least in shanghai they'll still put one of those semi-clear 25rmb covers on it so now the phone looks cheap and gross but you can see the apple logo

also i dont use a cover on mine but ive had 3 different people say to me "holy poo poo your iphone looks perfect condition is it new? wait thats an iphone 6, its 2 years old???" (i just dont drop it or keep it in the same pocket/purse/bag with coins or keys, its easy)

my favorite is when people attach their phones to a lanyard around their neck; it always makes me think of old people with glasses on a chain, like they'll lose it if they dont literally strap it to their bodies.

also as someone who doesnt understand how the flow of conversation works, as soon as i see people post "the only reason I come to this thread is to read stories by _____" i know that i need to probate that liked author and kill the thread momentum

its just a thing i do to keep my forum running smoothly

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
when people ask me how i got my job and what i think my most important asset is, i tell them "obscene levels of myopia."

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Khorne posted:

genesplicer is just following the rules here.

One of you guys should get Haier plat.

Not really. This whole website is illegal in China. Geney should probate everyone who posts on it. Or do the rules specify "illegal in the US"?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TsarZiedonis posted:

Gee I wonder who might have been reporting his posts

Is this... supposed to mean me? I'm super loving confused.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

it's common enough that i don't register it anymore. there are traditional remedies that are effective - the herb gymnema actually does have some real effectiveness against diabetes, for example, with no side effects outside of allergies - but for every one actual, factual, helpful herb you can take to do something chemical big pharma can't, there's 10,000 quack cures that do nothing but make the problem worse by keeping the patient from seeking actual, practical help.

No-one can doubt that there are herbs and such with medical effects, it's just that when you are buying a bag of dried powder from a drunken tea seller you have no idea what the dosages are, the strength, or even if it isn't just lead oxide and sugar.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

simplefish posted:

Not really. This whole website is illegal in China. Geney should probate everyone who posts on it. Or do the rules specify "illegal in the US"?

Probably. Seeing how the site's probably hosted there. There's no need to be obtuse about it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

BexGu posted:

I get the probation for :filez: but a full week is bullshit.

I'm sure it was unintentional. All those buttons look the same when you're on a massive cocktail of dementia medications.

Boiled Water posted:

he's a boomer so no surprises there

Boomers are "post WWII" not "pre WWI".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i support genesplicer, who the gently caress links to torrents? the heavy metals are getting to him

• Locked thread