Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh hey brad wrote a review

"Roger Ebert once famously declared that video games can never be art, both because the intervention of a player robs an artist of their authorial control and because, more fundamentally, no game to date had managed to make any of us "more cultured, civilized and empathetic." Though Ebert eventually walked back his original position as overly rigid, Hellblade strikes me as a game that inches closer to meeting his original high bar, and I wish he'd lived to see it."

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

"Roger Ebert once famously declared that video games can never be art, both because the intervention of a player robs an artist of their authorial control and because, more fundamentally, no game to date had managed to make any of us "more cultured, civilized and empathetic." Though Ebert eventually walked back his original position as overly rigid, Hellblade strikes me as a game that inches closer to meeting his original high bar, and I wish he'd lived to see it."

oh

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

oh

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hellblade looks like the fake games they make for CSI episodes about video game related murderers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

elf help book posted:

oh

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

oh

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im still mad at the person that convinced me to spend $10 on bioshock infinite

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

bump_fn posted:

anyone who needs a good entryway to east stuff should listen to that one beastcast that alex wasn't there for
which episode is this?? i've lapsed on GB content for a good six months or so and wanna get back in, specifically to GBEast stuff

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

elf help book posted:

oh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

oh

lmao

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Maybe one day Patrick and Brad can be on a podcast together and then all other podcasts will be good

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Patrick is singlehandedly ruining the Waypoint podcast by just being himself and also making Austin obsessed with PUBG

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ep 114 of beastcast has someone write in who is a New Zealander currently living in Japan congrats getting your postcard read knuc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad, speaking to a man who lost half his skull to cancer: Yeah so you know, Hellblade is actually quite deep and hang on a minute. This guy doesn't want me to stand here haha. So you can do combos on the enemy like this and - okay well I missed that one but. Anyway the little glowy things on the minimap tell me exactly where to go next.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cat Machine posted:

which episode is this?? i've lapsed on GB content for a good six months or so and wanna get back in, specifically to GBEast stuff

same actually

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cat Machine posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad, speaking to a man who lost half his skull to cancer: Yeah so you know, Hellblade is actually quite deep and hang on a minute. This guy doesn't want me to stand here haha. So you can do combos on the enemy like this and - okay well I missed that one but. Anyway the little glowy things on the minimap tell me exactly where to go next.

Lol

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lollin irl

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

And then again for 111.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

She's really good and Steal My Sunshine is the first series since ...probably the kerbal videos that I look forward to every week

same here.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Alex had to stay home sick so instead of megaman the east show is Dan/Vinny/Abby playing garbage steam horror games.

It's a must watch.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Alex had to stay home sick so instead of megaman the east show is Dan/Vinny/Abby playing garbage steam horror games.

It's a must watch.

Hell yeah

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

East is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

East is so good

I wish I could pay less for my sub and just get east because I haven't watched any premium west videos in months

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I wish I could pay less for my sub and just get east because I haven't watched any premium west videos in months

I'll always miss how Austin and Vinny were able to play off each other so well though, it's the real tragedy this century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTcGoNK8lY4

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao Jeff Gerstmann is like forty years old and he still got baited into responding to some kid on Reddit flaming him for being bad at Lawbreakers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6t0wwa/should_there_be_an_expectation_of_proficiency/dlhhh6b/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

fadam posted:

lmao Jeff Gerstmann is like forty years old and he still got baited into responding to some kid on Reddit flaming him for being bad at Lawbreakers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6t0wwa/should_there_be_an_expectation_of_proficiency/dlhhh6b/

I thought that Austin and Patrick both being gone this year might make this the GOAT GOTY discussion, but Jeff being autistic about everything is really bringing me down. His babyrage over the dialogue in OW was lol.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dave lang was at bitbash chicago, making it the actual lang zone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I thought that Austin and Patrick both being gone this year might make this the GOAT GOTY discussion, but Jeff being autistic about everything is really bringing me down. His babyrage over the dialogue in OW was lol.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

At least we're finally out of the years brad nominates dota

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm so glad dota is dead forever

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

At least we're finally out of the years brad nominates dota

What will you do when he nominates artifact for goty.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

bump_fn posted:

dave lang was at bitbash chicago, making it the actual lang zone

I was going to go but i fell asleep then played games at home instead

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

really glad i checked this episode out because vinny does a fuckin funny as hell impression of brad

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Beastcast: Vinny explains the Monty hall problem
Bombcast: Ben got sports from watching Dota

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

Beastcast: Vinny explains the Monty hall problem
Bombcast: Ben got sports from watching Dota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book