Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

call to action posted:

i'm not a nazi!!

also, all these guys flying the swastika flag and chanting blood and soil and murdering people aren't nazis either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
stop defending cops. cops kill people, condiv.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

call to action posted:

perfect example of why your mod capabilities will be the apex of your ability to silence leftists who disagree with u

lmfao

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

agreed

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

call to action posted:

you hate nazis so you must love cops!!

but the nazis are fake, and also i'm not a nazi! *hides swastika tattoo*

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
probe me pener

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
you said you loved cops in this very thread. I said we should take direct action against them and you started crying about how we can't offend the police because they might get mad

figures a white supremacist would care that much about cop's feelings

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you sound like a cop tbh

:thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

freckle posted:

probe me pener

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

call to action posted:

nah, I think I'm being pretty reasonable. sorry man. we both think the nazi side should go to jail, I just think we should focus on things we should actually change, like policy, instead of trying to beat the racism out of people

These are two things that don't really occupy the same space, they don't compete with each other.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

call to action posted:

(this post was censored by the truest fascist, pener kropoopkin)

pener how could you censor a poor fake nazi like this! :qq:

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ah I see, you're just kinda blending everyone that doesn't agree you into one person. I haven't said poo poo about censorship

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

pener how could you censor a poor fake nazi like this! :qq:

By the divine right of mods, vested in me by the holy father Lowtax.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

guys, i have a confession to make...

one day i was driving to my wells fargo internship in my lamborghini and i saw fake nazi call to action helping an old woman across the street

so i put on my antifa kit and punched him in the back of the head like this

now he's a real nazi and it's all my fault :smith:

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
...still not explaining why you wouldn't punch cops with the same logic you use to justify punching tiki torch racism squad

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

call to action posted:

I mean, you could punch cops. they're far more fascistic than these fake Nazis will ever be. you won't though, because you're cowards and/or need a clean background for your internship at Wells fargo

but why beat up someone that lynches minorities when you can make fun of tiki torch racism squad

Why is this^ nerd so upset?

call to action posted:

...still not explaining why you wouldn't punch cops with the same logic you use to justify punching tiki torch racism squad

Buh Buh Buh what are you even crying about?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

call to action posted:

ah I see, you're just kinda blending everyone that doesn't agree you into one person. I haven't said poo poo about censorship

these dudes make themselves available to capitalism at every opportunity. They are enemies to the working class and should be fought along with all the other enemies.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

call to action posted:

poor call to action

nazism fried his brain and now he thinks antifa love cops

if only i hadn't punched him and turned him into a real nazi all of this could've been avoided :negative:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Why is this^ nerd so upset?

Buh Buh Buh what are you even crying about?

there's no difference between nazis and cops, except the nazis are only joking and fighting them is wrong. by fighting nazis you're only playing into their hands!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

call to action posted:

lol, do you believe anybody in cspam would protest violence against cops or financiers or sex havers

it would be nice to be able to punch investment bankers and stuff, except they would shoot you for that. The opportunity may yet arise, though, comrade

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

new historical records from ww2 have been unearthed, revealing the cause of hitler's monstrous ideology!

he got punched by a leftist!!

and now i've caused nazism to be reborn by punching call to action. i'm sorry cta i didn't mean to turn you into hitler i just wanted you to stop being a fake nazi :cripes:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Nazis and fascists view the exercise of violence as essential to their political praxis
So do antifa.

steinrokkan posted:

When they reach the point where they are agitated enough to actually, physically travel somewhere to march around and face a pissed off crowd, they are not fake. They are maybe not NAzis, strictly speaking, but they certainly are something, that something is bad, and they are it very genuinely. The fake Nazis post memes on the internet, and when they show up at a far right rally, they get chased away.
The ones posting memes on the internet are ones who have grown up with newfangled internet technology and internet meme culture, they may not be the traditionally aggressive skinhead or KKK types that'll tie a black kid to the rear bumper, but they're certainly racist fuckheads of some sort if they keep on going on about white pride/genocide or some other neo-nazi talking point even if they're doing it with lolcats and adviceanimals.

The guys that travelled cross country to chant nazi slogans and put their white nationalist gang logos on their shields or helmets to represent their group aren't fake nazis because they used tiki torches.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My dude you are so radically alienated from the world, that internet poisoning has lead you to believe that nothing offensive is truly genuine.
I've known a bunch of people who don't see anything that happens on the internet as real in any way, it's just a land of fantasy with no meaning or consequence, which they take as license to be internet edgelords. I think it's just a thing that happens when you give kids unfiltered and unlimited access to the internet as their primary influence. It makes it a little harder to work out who is being edgy for the sake of it, who is making a joke out of imitating edgy poo poo, and who is just a lovely person.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

lohli posted:

So do antifa.

Antifa is like a self-defense club. People who learn self-defense would prefer not to have to burden themselves with this sort of stuff (though yeah, antifa organizations can be full of shitheads looking for an opportunity to break things) - but for fascists violence is the organizing principle of society. These two things are not equal.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

*antifa saves a bunch of black protesters in a church from a nazi mob*

lohli posted:

grrr loving antifa why do they have to be so violent!! :argh:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lohli posted:

I've known a bunch of people who don't see anything that happens on the internet as real in any way, it's just a land of fantasy with no meaning or consequence, which they take as license to be internet edgelords. I think it's just a thing that happens when you give kids unfiltered and unlimited access to the internet as their primary influence. It makes it a little harder to work out who is being edgy for the sake of it, who is making a joke out of imitating edgy poo poo, and who is just a lovely person.

Well I hate to use a cliche here, but like Vonnegut said "We are what we pretend to be...."

I think Sam Hyde is a perfect example of someone who "pretended" to be a fascist, only to think he was being persecuted when people didn't like his schtick and turned into an unabashed reactionary.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the mock... is coming from inside the thread!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/897469685934981120

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Antifa is like a self-defense club. People who learn self-defense would prefer not to have to burden themselves with this sort of stuff (though yeah, antifa organizations can be full of shitheads looking for an opportunity to break things) - but for fascists violence is the organizing principle of society. These two things are not equal.

I don't see how antifa attacking trump supporters doesn't fit there, and calling them a self-defense club doesn't really work when the current climate of acceptable political violence is because of them.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Well I hate to use a cliche here, but like Vonnegut said "We are what we pretend to be...."

I think Sam Hyde is a perfect example of someone who "pretended" to be a fascist, only to think he was being persecuted when people didn't like his schtick and turned into an unabashed reactionary.

I don't know so much that it's "we are what we pretend to be" as much as "Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.", which I think extends to being racist or being anything else, really. It would explain why /pol/ turned into a politically active board.

I don't know much about Sam Hyde besides his being chronically unfunny and apparently his show was cancelled due to twitter posting?

And that his picture gets circulated as the perpetrator of whatever the latest terror attack is.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flattening groups like the Proud Boys as mere "Trump supporters" minimizes their goals and intentions. Lauren Southern is a "Trump supporter" and she practically tried to drown refugees in the Mediterranean.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

lohli posted:

I don't see how antifa attacking trump supporters doesn't fit there, and calling them a self-defense club doesn't really work when the current climate of acceptable political violence is because of them.

Neonazis marching through towns IS violence. They may not be actively beating people up (though they are), but they are spreading fear and a message of hatred, as well as a message that it is OK to act up on this hatred. They are also pitching a battle whenever they congregate (do not imagine the neonazis don't show up expecting to fight, they are ready, and even if the other side blueballs them and doesn't give them an opportunity to fight, that doesn't make them peaceful). They are harming people, and encouraging others to join in in this campaign of hurting others. By engaging them and defeating them, antifa prevents them from gaining an undeserved pedestal, and an illusion that they are undefeated and unchallenged in professing their beliefs.

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 16:40 on Aug 15, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

punching Nazis is insanely good.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Neonazis marching through towns unopposed is political violence, and is much more damaging than a street brawl. (Also guess what, the Neonazis are pitching a battle when they show up somewhere, antifa just responds to them and prevents them from claiming a victory by default)

also one of them literally murdered someone which this dude keeps trying to excuse

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

also one of them literally murdered someone which this dude keeps trying to excuse

He was spooked into premeditated murder I tells ya!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

He was spooked into premeditated murder I tells ya!

punching someone who thinks you need to be exterminated: not ok

running someone over with a car because you get scared: ok

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Badger of Basra posted:

punching someone who thinks you need to be exterminated: not ok

running someone over with a car because you get scared: ok

he wasn't scared! he was just doing a le troll

hahaha, funny murder

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

call to action posted:

don't trust leftists that don't support the ACLU. ever.
but we need to fight fascism by supporting the government's right to arbitrarily deny protests of groups the government doesn't like

i am sure that this won't turn out horribly when the vast majority of the american government is rightwing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

freckle posted:

:thunk:

Why is there a D&D thread in c-spam?

why is there a pro-nazi thread outside of gbs

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
there's actually only one idiot defending the vehicular murder guy, the rest is just echo chambering

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

call to action posted:

there's actually only one idiot defending the vehicular murder guy, the rest is just echo chambering

Yep.

Throw that guy's rear end in jail and throw away the key.

There's no logical way of defending what he did. You're fooling yourself otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

call to action posted:

oh, so he was the only real nazi. assumedly turned into one by some nasty antifa

• Locked thread