Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Deffo install the Infinite Heaven mod. You can tweak so many things to improve gameplay and make it less "gamey," including what is essentially a roll-your-own sort of subsistence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

Hey cole smoke weed and start playing the new updates in no man's sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

props to them for still updating a game people stopped caring about a year ago, but also lol for the same reason

Looks like it might actually be worth getting now.

On a deep sale.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Two Finger posted:

in other news since pillars of eternity somehow ate my save even in this age of steam cloud saves, i started playing tyranny

it owns bones like gently caress, particularly since you can respond to probably half the interactions with [glares silently]

bronze age judge dredd basically

PoE owns and I can't wait for the second one to come out. I'd buy Tyranny but I don't really want to spend $45 on it when I heard it's not as good as PoE or made by the same team.

I'd like to play another game like PoE but I haven't played any Infinity Engine games in over 10 years and when I tried to recently I could definitely tell the games hadn't aged as well as I thought they had.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't know if anybody else here is a fan of Kingdom of Loathing, but West of Loathing came out yesterday and it is fantastically funny and worth :10bux: if you're a KoL fan.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I need to find a game that I can play for short bursts without having to keep track of any type of story since I'll only be playing a few hours during the weekend when school starts.

Multiplayer FPS games have usually filled that void but I'm so burned out from the genre that I'm looking elsewhere. There's an F1 racing game coming out that I might try the demo of.

Dead Cells is pretty good for that.

Slim Pickens posted:

Until you end up on wargames on anything harder than easy

I was playing earlier with a buddy when our two randoms dropped in the first round because they didn't get the top scores. Just the two of us on wargames on normal.

Three waves later, we finally get reinforcements. :shepface:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Slim Pickens posted:

Oh yeah, and on the topic of card games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5hYlWQ3vk

I mean, Riot Games were masturbating before, but now they've got to be straight skinning their dicks

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Got the java paranoia software today. Everything works, java required for 95% of the tools.
Jparanoia 1.31.1 server & client package, GM multi-tool package, PC character generator package, and the wheel of ticks flash tool.
The wheel of ticks generator is beautiful. Combat spoon supremacy.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone else play total war warhammer? First time I've played it in like a year, I like the changes/additional factions. Can't wait for the second.

Pretty much since Rome 1 the total war series has been one of those games where I keep clicking next turn and when I look at the clock hours have passed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am playing it right now tbh

Trying out the new norsca dlc, and it has some neat stuff but it is the same game

you confederate norse nations by killing their leader, taking their head, declaring peace, then waving the skull around until they join you

you get a book of monsters you get to go kill for money, an item, and a renown unit of that monster type

you also choose 1 of the 4 gods for your extra lords and campaign, each do something that seem ok

but the campaign AI is still dog poo poo, a lot of the maps suck, and you steam roll easily if you win the early part of the game, so same game

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the campaign ai cheats way too blatantly in total warhammer

speaking of cheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWAoOYwDAs&t=3s

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Here's one of the teams that's graffiti'd all over the game:

https://twitter.com/ESLPUBG/status/896763297340444673

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
NBA Live 18 demo is pretty fun and more video gamey than the 2K series.

EA is pulling the same poo poo 2K did with NFL 2K5. Between now and release day, the game is 39 bucks.

It's a good time. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only rear end in a top hat here who plays video game basketball.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

But I'm pretty sure I'm the only rear end in a top hat here who plays video game basketball.

True

PUBG or GTFO

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I enjoy it but I couldn't get into nba 2k17.

And I generally only get one every few years because spending $50-60 for updated rosters doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Haven't bought a sports came since the 2k series was canned.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The learning curve is steep. I've put in about 20 hours before the controls and tactics come somewhat natural.

Basketball is super fun though. It's cool clowning on AI defenders.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I play Madden and FIFA.

I would play NHL but for some reason, it feels more complicated than it needs to be, so I play it every few years or so, and then go back to Madden.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hockey doesn't translate well to current gen video games. Handling character movement plus the stick and the puck is too much.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MLB is my game and I'll pick up next year's copy. There sessions are so loving long thought and I never get my guy traded to the Mets like I want. :sigh:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

MLB is my game and I'll pick up next year's copy. There sessions are so loving long thought and I never get my guy traded to the Mets like I want. :sigh:

exactly the same

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You can't dunk in baseball

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

You can't dunk in baseball

"There's no crying in baseball" is what you were looking for.

drat that's a good movie.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My new desktop's hardware is on the way.

Haven't built or modded a PC since 2009, but I figure 1000 Euros buys the same quality level in gaming rig today as it did back then, so I ran it past the haus of tech's building/upgrading thread and here's the result.

Ryzen 5 1600 x6 (this thing has six loving cores?)
Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB 3200 DDR4 RAM
KFA2 GeForce GTX 1060. 6GB
MSI 350 Tomahawk (or PCmate, I don't recall) Mainboard.

This should yield reasonable levels for me to play through a whole bunch of titles I've not been able to run in good quality the past couple of years, chief among which are GTA IV and V, Fallout 4, and Skyrim in what I hope to be off-the-charts-stupid graphics.

Please also look forward to a Kraut doing stupid poo poo in front of your crosshairs in whichever flavor-of-the-month arena/freeplay shooter everyone's on soon-ish.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Hockey doesn't translate well to current gen video games. Handling character movement plus the stick and the puck is too much.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Which is a shame because I loving love hockey.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My new desktop's hardware is on the way.

Haven't built or modded a PC since 2009, but I figure 1000 Euros buys the same quality level in gaming rig today as it did back then, so I ran it past the haus of tech's building/upgrading thread and here's the result.

Ryzen 5 1600 x6 (this thing has six loving cores?)
Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB 3200 DDR4 RAM
KFA2 GeForce GTX 1060. 6GB
MSI 350 Tomahawk (or PCmate, I don't recall) Mainboard.

This should yield reasonable levels for me to play through a whole bunch of titles I've not been able to run in good quality the past couple of years, chief among which are GTA IV and V, Fallout 4, and Skyrim in what I hope to be off-the-charts-stupid graphics.

Please also look forward to a Kraut doing stupid poo poo in front of your crosshairs in whichever flavor-of-the-month arena/freeplay shooter everyone's on soon-ish.

Nice, that'll definitely serve you well for those games.

I'm about to dip into the Starcraft Remaster. Looking forward to playing some Big Game Hunters and lovely RPG maps in HD.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
never amd

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok somebody let me know when they've figured out how to do grid hotkeys in Starcraft: Remastered, I ain't relearning these things...

Edit: booyah

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/520563-hotkeys-and-the-looming-brood-war?page=6#104

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 15, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I used to stick to one family as well, but I read the reviews and shopped around here and there for comparisons, and while same-performance Ryzen models trail Intel models in gaming by a bit, they're also much cheaper, while outperforming in everything else, I'm pretty okay with that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

My desktop is all-AMD, baby. It's also six years behind the curve. So naughty! :bigtran:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im still playing Euro Truck Sim 2 because its really the best thing ive ever found for turning my brain off at night

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That game is so good. American Truck Sim is pretty solid also.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ZXJ4A-QQ2AT-ICZ7C

Code for a free copy of Sonic CD on steam

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I used to stick to one family as well, but I read the reviews and shopped around here and there for comparisons, and while same-performance Ryzen models trail Intel models in gaming by a bit, they're also much cheaper, while outperforming in everything else, I'm pretty okay with that.

7th gen i5 can be had for less than the ryzen 5 tho?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ZXJ4A-QQ2AT-ICZ7C

Code for a free copy of Sonic CD on steam

Thanks dude, hell yeah gonna play some sonic when he was cool and wasn't the mascot of autist manbabies.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

another sonic cd steam code

J45J4-F4C9Q-4RV2K

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Nvidia stated consumer volta wont be out until 2018.

I had a sliver of hope they'd push out one before Christmas.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

beat persona 5 :yeah:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

w/e

its fun