Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
ahhh boy. im just so tired of all these podcast wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Lets just say that when a p.cast in the 80 dollars to read copy for online underpants subscriptions tier jumps from coolwolf to popstar podcasts, someones agent is getting loving fired.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Riptor posted:

I tried listening to My Favorite Murder when it came out but every episode went something like:

"And then the thing about this murderer-"
"Oh man I know it! That was so crazy! And then later, that weird place where they found the body?"
"I know! It's nuts. Just nuts. Can you believe someone would do something like that? Okay lets move onto our next murderer"

did they ever actually start telling you what goddamned happened

MFM is like Last Podcast on the Left but instead of doing research they watch a show on TruTV and instead of making jokes they don't.

I still listen sometimes though.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
But on the other hand my favorite murder doesn't have ben kessel thus it's infinitely better

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Riptor posted:

I tried listening to My Favorite Murder when it came out but every episode went something like:

"And then the thing about this murderer-"
"Oh man I know it! That was so crazy! And then later, that weird place where they found the body?"
"I know! It's nuts. Just nuts. Can you believe someone would do something like that? Okay lets move onto our next murderer"

did they ever actually start telling you what goddamned happened

I had the same problem, but I went back and listened to a more recent one like a month ago and it was better. It still took them like a half hour to talk about the murder though so I still don't like it and would rather listen to Criminal or something for a murder podcast

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Riptor posted:

But on the other hand my favorite murder doesn't have ben kessel thus it's infinitely better

I'm not going to defend him too much but he has been better lately.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My wife and I were interviewed tonight by PFT at his 8pm set with the Bajillion Dollar Properties folks at the Detroit Improv Festival!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Thanks for this. Just found this podcast and I keep listening to the Little Pigs song. It's so funny.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

whydirt posted:

My wife and I were interviewed tonight by PFT at his 8pm set with the Bajillion Dollar Properties folks at the Detroit Improv Festival!

Daaaang that rules

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Huh. Just noticed this.

http://nowhearthisfest.com/line-up/#!programmation=artist$lauren-lapkus-jon-gabrus/173

Are Lapkus and Gabrus going to team up for a new podcast??

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 14, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
that's a power couple

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

$170 ($320 VIP) to see podcasts live :popeye:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love Hayes
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/896887781284134912

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Help Im Alive posted:

$170 ($320 VIP) to see podcasts live :popeye:

There's no way to justify the cost. There's no way any performers are being paid. It's absurd.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

soggybagel posted:

There's no way to justify the cost. There's no way any performers are being paid. It's absurd.

I think they are all being paid.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Interesting. Still too expensive!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On CBB this week, Scott says he wishes that Comicon was a 500 person, $25k entry event instead of the juggernaut that it's become. So this podcast fest seems about right.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Hayes & Sean ANNIHILATE Wiger this week, and reduce him to a blubbering mess.

Brutal.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

Hayes & Sean ANNIHILATE Wiger this week, and reduce him to a blubbering mess.

Brutal.

Boys are getting rowdy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why did that university buy like 3 months of ads on Hollywood Handbook

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Don't be such a chaphole.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Guessing that they probably read the title and the "Hollywood Handbook is an insider’s guide to achieving your showbiz dreams from two A-List it-boys who are living theirs" blurb at face value and said "This is our target audience for MFA students."

Remember, despite their pervasiveness nobody is really paying attention to podcast ads, not even the ad buyers. Which is how ZipRecruiter wound up buying ad time on a white nationalist podcast.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Does anybody know the current rate for an ad on HH? I wonder how much the poop songs guy paid them. I really wish the boys would consider a Patreon, but it may conflict with their Earwolf/Stitcher contract.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
#letstalkchoc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Toilet Bowl Cleaners guy said/complained on another podcast that he paid $60 for his ad and then did not like that Sean was so disdainful in the ad read. I'm guessing that was $60 per episode.

Once on Best Show, Scharpling was faux-grousing about "I do this stupid show for free" and Hayes shot back with "We once advertised Cards Against Humanity for, like, thirty bucks...that's kind of WORSE than free."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Toilet Bowl Cleaners guy said/complained on another podcast that he paid $60 for his ad and then did not like that Sean was so disdainful in the ad read. I'm guessing that was $60 per episode.

Once on Best Show, Scharpling was faux-grousing about "I do this stupid show for free" and Hayes shot back with "We once advertised Cards Against Humanity for, like, thirty bucks...that's kind of WORSE than free."

I remember the poo song guys ad and I don't get what he was so pissed about.

JustTheWorst
Sep 14, 2008

Filled with delicious shrimp!

Know Such Peace posted:

Does anybody know the current rate for an ad on HH? I wonder how much the poop songs guy paid them. I really wish the boys would consider a Patreon, but it may conflict with their Earwolf/Stitcher contract.

Not sure on their current rate, but I paid over 200 dollars for the ad read I bought for Lasso Games like 100 episodes ago.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

I remember the poo song guys ad and I don't get what he was so pissed about.

That Sean dared treat "Poop Into a Wormhole" and "I Pee When I Poop (But Not the Other Way Around)" with a lack of enthusiasm rather than gushing praise over this very smart and very funny art.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Unmerciful posted:

You can get a year of stitcher premium for 90% off with code BATOUR apparently. I just signed up for $3.50 and it says I'm good through August 2018 with the free month up front. Seems like a pretty desperate move on their part but I'm not complaining..

Heads up: This still works

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whoever is running the stitcher RSS thing finally updated it so it has HH. now i can delete this loving garbage app forever thank you

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Help Im Alive posted:

The guy who does advertising for the university is a HH fan and talked his boss into approving it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:siren:

I just noticed Hayes is on the latest Don't Get Me Started talking about...city planning

(also I'm sure most people have listened to this already but Sean's episode on The Mountain Goats is v good)

Greggy posted:

The guy who does advertising for the university is a HH fan and talked his boss into approving it

Oh well that's cool, they're funny ads

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 16, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Most transportation problems can be solved before they begin. Instead of adding more lanes to busy highways, affordable housing can be built closer to workplaces. Grocery stores can be built within walking/biking distance of homes, reducing the need for massive (and mostly useless) parking lots. It probably sucks to jump through whatever legal hoops are required, but city planning can be surprisingly dope.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll try to listen asap.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Don't Get Me Started is pretty great. Nicole Byer talking about being a serial shoplifter (and, to a lesser extent, weaves) was fascinating.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nicole Byer is the best. I wish she was more prominent with the Earwolf crowd.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Nicole Byer is the best. I wish she was more prominent with the Earwolf crowd.

I just listened to her first appearance on Hollywood Handbook today, and I also thought she was really funny. Engineer Cody was kind of killing it in that episode too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Byer and Gabrus need to have a show together. Or a baby together, and raise it to be the most delightful monster.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Just listened on the way home, looooooved Hayes's episode. Casually loving and having actually read the ~1500 pages of The Power Broker is such a great power mover. And I'm not suprised that Mountain Goats ep did so well, it's a beautiful thing. Made me like that band after like a decade thinking they were corny.

HH was also beautiful today. Spectacular 90s/turn of the century pop punk name drops.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 16, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
One-third of the way through the ep, and they just hit the magic phrase of ‘induced demand’ in reference to highway expansion efforts. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

feedmyleg posted:

Huh. Just noticed this.

http://nowhearthisfest.com/line-up/#!programmation=artist$lauren-lapkus-jon-gabrus/173

Are Lapkus and Gabrus going to team up for a new podcast??

Looks like it, Lauren posted a picture of Gabrus on her Instagram story today referring to their new podcast :eyepop: