Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RizieN posted:

This gas poo poo is going to drive me mad, I think because I never played H1Z1. This bubble/circle is very clearly electricity or plasma(which is still NOT a gas!), perhaps it's an electrified noble gas giving off the cool purple colors, maybe...

it's blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MysteriousStranger posted:

Have you updated your BIOS and checked to make sure everything was set correctly after upgrading your RAM?

I have not updated my BIOS but did just fiddle with my settings since I probably hosed something up. I'll do the BIOS if I continue to have issues.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

actually the blue wall is a ghost gate, to contain the corrupting influence of house dagoth

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

fknlo posted:

I have not updated my BIOS but did just fiddle with my settings since I probably hosed something up. I'll do the BIOS if I continue to have issues.

That fixed performance issues for me that only existed in this game. Odd as hell i know but it worked.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

I'm color blind :( Red/Green is hosed for me and Blue/Purple/Indigo are basically shades of the same color. gently caress you guys and your perfect eyes.

I will, however, accept the ghost explanation, especially over "gas"

:ghost:

RizieN fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 15, 2017

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

actually, it's the death zone, filled with death

that's why you die when you're in it

duh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

It makes your os load faster after the Trojan/memory leaks/bad ram/power source failures force you to restart. Took mine down to 10s instead of 5 min every half hour.

It also makes your dick harder longer (but not too long)

I'm picturing a cave man slamming the keyboard with his palms and tipping over the tower

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Thinking of using Reshade with PUBG to get more vibrant colors/spot people easier. Is there a big performance hit using reshade?

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Thinking of using Reshade with PUBG to get more vibrant colors/spot people easier. Is there a big performance hit using reshade?

the only hit would be to your ego from using an app to make it easier to spot

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Fister posted:

Didn't notice any performance hit, and the game looks way more crisp and vibrant. Dudes aren't really easier to spot though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish the circle gave a massive hit to visibility cuz it's lame as hell getting killed from someone hiding in it. the first circle might as well not exist.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish the circle gave a massive hit to visibility cuz it's lame as hell getting killed from someone hiding in it. the first circle might as well not exist.

Except the opposite. Giving up on living and trying to kill me, the idiot with my back to the circle, is totally fine. I'm really happy with all the circle damages/speeds to be honest. There is soooo much time to get almost anywhere on the map and loot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Considering Ive won fights by running out of the circle to reposition/shoot while my opponents treat it like a wall, no.

It would also make edgecamping a bigger pain in the rear end.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I hope the new smaller map means a shorter jump and more immediate action, getting really bored of all the inbetween action moments.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dyz posted:

Considering Ive won fights by running out of the circle to reposition/shoot while my opponents treat it like a wall, no.

it should be one.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Groovelord Neato posted:

it should be one.

What is your solution? That you die faster/can't shoot out/can't see out? Thats pretty lame though, why would you ever risk going far from the center if every round ends in lovely gas death? Thats one of the least fun parts of this game, poor time management and dying to the gas

willie_dee posted:

I hope the new smaller map means a shorter jump and more immediate action, getting really bored of all the inbetween action moments.

I said the same thing last night in squad FPP. Someone brought up the good point that due to no stats people are hot dropping way more

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I said the same thing last night in squad FPP. Someone brought up the good point that due to no stats people are hot dropping way more

The squad I play with has really been enjoying FPP squad mode too because there is no tracking. Players seem to be more willing to drop in to contested zones and fight rather than spread out and wait for the circle to bunch everyone up .

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I don't care if a choked shotgun is pretty much objectively better, there's something special about gunning people down with a silenced/exmag/ex-stock uzi

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

RizieN posted:

I'm color blind :( Red/Green is hosed for me and Blue/Purple/Indigo are basically shades of the same color. gently caress you guys and your perfect eyes.

I will, however, accept the ghost explanation, especially over "gas"

:ghost:
Man, you're leaning really hard on that "being a dog" gimmick

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I don't care if a choked shotgun is pretty much objectively better, there's something special about gunning people down with a silenced/exmag/ex-stock uzi

Same but Vektor, because I have a weakness for 90s-style kool letterz.

Especially since I can stick an extra 8x scope on it just to confuse people

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't think shotguns are objectively better at all. They have higher dps if the player is landing every shot but an ex mag micro uzi can still rip people apart, and it also can be used effectively for zoning/covering fire.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

I don't think shotguns are objectively better at all. They have higher dps if the player is landing every shot but an ex mag micro uzi can still rip people apart, and it also can be used effectively for zoning/covering fire.

The shotgun has a time-to-kill value of zero, no other gun has that, this makes it objectively better.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Mister Fister posted:

yes, but it depends on what you enable.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Mark David Chapman posted:

The squad I play with has really been enjoying FPP squad mode too because there is no tracking. Players seem to be more willing to drop in to contested zones and fight rather than spread out and wait for the circle to bunch everyone up .

Its really weird being 10 minutes in, really far away from the circle and seeing 29 players left. I love being able to fight 20 people on a drop or 0 because I went just a little way off the flight path

FPP is so good.

1500 posted:

yes, but it depends on what you enable.

Have a rundown of what to enable handy? My friend said it made his game much more clear which is a huge problem I've been having

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 15, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The shotgun has a time-to-kill value of zero, no other gun has that, this makes it objectively better.

it's nice to be able suppress and zone, as he said

firing a burst into a window or through a door freaks people out and you can run in and kill them

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You quoted my post like you read it, but I don't think you really did

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

it's nice to be able suppress and zone, as he said

Yeah but you can have two guns and your other gun is probably an assault rifle that can do that better than the uzi anyway. The shotgun provides something that nothing else does, which is the ability to erase someone with one click. SMGs are basically just rifles that can't do long range combat and their main feature seems to be the fact that 9mm grows on trees and you will literally never run out of ammo.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

We're just saying they're not objectively better

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

The majority of the time they are though, especially if you've picked up an assault rifle. The AR does pretty much everything the SMG does, and the shotgun is an instant kill in a game with client side hit detection which is invaluable

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

except killing people with a tricked out micro uzi gets style points which none of the other guns have except maybe the revolver and vektor

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I personally prefer to keep the AR on single fire. It helps to conserve ammo and makes me less likely to accidentally fire full-auto at range when I'm trying to snipe.

M16/AK on single shot, uzi on full auto.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I forgot the word objectively has become meaningless

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

willie_dee posted:

You can often create your own action. It's one of the things I like about chocotaco and it's why his is the only stream I've ever really watched. There are obviously still down times but he really tries to minimize them.

I'll usually take an SMG over a shotgun because I'm loving terrible with shotguns in this game and I can't get good hits.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

cock hero flux posted:

Yeah but you can have two guns and your other gun is probably an assault rifle that can do that better than the uzi anyway. The shotgun provides something that nothing else does, which is the ability to erase someone with one click. SMGs are basically just rifles that can't do long range combat and their main feature seems to be the fact that 9mm grows on trees and you will literally never run out of ammo.

Shotguns are good, they're also enormously inconsistent past ten feet. I've seen plenty of good players aim spot on at twenty yards or so and well, RNG is hell. The Uzi gives you flexibility in that even if you're getting hosed by the spread RNG you can adjust.

They're both good guns (except the pump and the Vektor, ew) with slightly different niches.

One of the things PUBG does right is making most of the guns feel different and fit a certain niche. Shotguns are great point blank, SMGs shine at 10-50 yards (depending on the SMG) and ARs own the mid-range. You can definitely be successful with an AR up close, but it's reticle while moving is massive and it has a LOT more recoil.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 15, 2017

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

I don't know if everyone else thinks of it this way or not but I basically think of guns in this game in terms of what range they're good at and try to get long, medium, and short covered as best I can.

So you've got Rifles are good at long range, great at medium range, and okay at short range, SMGs are bad at long range, good at medium range and good at short range, Shotguns are awful at long range, bad at medium range, and great at short range and Snipers are great at long range, okay at medium range and awful at short range.

The way I see it, considering 90% of the time you're going to be carrying a rifle because Snipers are rare and you need a long range thing, I don't see the point in taking an SMG as a secondary because a shotgun gets you better short range coverage and you've got the rifle for everything else. I can get maybe taking an UMP or a Vector as a backup to a Kar98 or something but that's about it, otherwise I'd always rather have a rifle and a shotgun.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The vector + extended quickdraw is a beast and I will never not love it. Otherwise it's uzi.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

slap me and kiss me posted:

The vector + extended quickdraw is a beast and I will never not love it. Otherwise it's uzi.

The vector is genuinely unusable without an extended mag.

The Thompson is great though because it's basically just the vector but with a 100 round drum magazine and as long as satan gives you enough .45 to keep it fed you can absolutely shred people with it at any range you're capable of hitting someone without a scope.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Its really weird being 10 minutes in, really far away from the circle and seeing 29 players left. I love being able to fight 20 people on a drop or 0 because I went just a little way off the flight path

FPP is so good.

Have a rundown of what to enable handy? My friend said it made his game much more clear which is a huge problem I've been having

https://www.gameskinny.com/hkstb/how-to-use-reshade-with-pubg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Without an extended mag the vector functions exactly like an uzi at close range. Fewer bullets but more damage on each so it's a wash. But it really shines when you get all of the attachments and can burst fire at medium range. The vector and UMP are my favorite weapons.

• Locked thread