Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Parrotine posted:

Uh, What?

Gouken is Ryu and Ken's teacher, you got your wires crossed bro

Gouken was Akuma's sparring partner, and Akuma murdered his own teacher, followed by knocking Gouken the gently caress out till literally years passed by.

That's what he said, Ken and Ryu's master, not Akuma's.

Funnily enough, Goutetsu, Akuma and Gouken's master, was totally fine with being killed in a fight and was proud of Akuma for doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Chun Li Besto girl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

how about you thunk someone else with your name named after a bad anime buddy!!!!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

No that was when he fell to the dark side

He found Jesus later, during the Zero/Alpha series

You mixed up the timeline.

Alpha happens before SF2 but after SF1. Sagat stops being evil after Sf2.

The timelines of the games are weird, but it goes like this

SF1, Alpha series, SF2, Sf4, Sf5, Sf3.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Jedah posted:

Chun Li Besto girl

he always seemed more like a cammy guy

also lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kuvo posted:

also lol

Ahahahaha

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

Uh, What?

Gouken is Ryu and Ken's teacher, you got your wires crossed bro

Gouken was Akuma's sparring partner, and Akuma murdered their teacher Gotetsu, then promptly wrecked Gouken's poo poo so hard it took years for him to shake off that coma.

Yes I know Gouken was Ryu and Kens Teacher. I was just saying Gouken was not Akuma's teacher.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

MonsterEnvy posted:

I never said he was a challenge. He went down easily as anything else he fought.

Just saying he did better against Saitama then almost every other monster in this series. By virtue of causing some light scratching. Most monsters even the ones Saitama lets hit him don't even do that.

It was a nice touch that steam comes off when Sea King sucker-punches the back of his head. He punched him so hard it produced enough waste heat to boil water, but I don't think it scuffed him.

I guess it's possible that the scuff marks we see on him are actually soot from atmospheric particles and monster flesh burning on impact. I know, way too much science for this anime, but come on, his fist blueshifts in the anime opener.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like how Saitama's punch literally blew all the rain away.

And yet the people watching still doubted his strength.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
it's not just that they doubt, they don't want to believe.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He was C-class at the time. It is sorta unbelievable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like how Saitama's strength is one-way only. People can punch him and be fine but if he makes any effort to cause damage to you then they explode like water balloons.

Normally, if you punch a strong person like a Superman or Colossus or Like Cage your bones snap in horrifying detail.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I like how Saitama's strength is one-way only. People can punch him and be fine but if he makes any effort to cause damage to you then they explode like water balloons.

Normally, if you punch a strong person like a Superman or Colossus or Like Cage your bones snap in horrifying detail.

he punches their limb before it connects so their limbs don't explode

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

It makes sense, if he wasn't super durable his own punches would tear his body apart.
Come to think of it, that would be a crappy super power, being super strong, but not invulnerable to harm.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

It makes sense, if he wasn't super durable his own punches would tear his body apart.
Come to think of it, that would be a crappy super power, being super strong, but not invulnerable to harm.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Say Nothing posted:

See post above. Now what would actually be a crappy super power is the inverse of that - completely invulnerable to harm, but as weak or weaker than an average human being.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That sounds pretty rad to me, I mean you can still use a gun or something and you'll never need to worry about getting hurt. At the very least you could grab a flamethrower or something to distract the Sea King with until a more powerful hero came to help.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MiniFoo posted:

See post above. Now what would actually be a crappy super power is the inverse of that - completely invulnerable to harm, but as weak or weaker than an average human being.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Complete invulnerability to harm would be pretty rad imo because I can then be invincible and use the strongest superpower of all: A Gun.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Or you could just hire yourself out as a stuntman / test pilot.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'd just not be a superhero and live an exciting life instead.

I don't want to end up floating in space like Cars did.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Yall realize that toughness and strength are deeply interrelated attributes, right?

You can't be "completely invulnerable" but also weak, because one of the biggest limitations on a persons strength is the physical integrity of their body. A person who's weaker than average but also invulnerable would be able to run an hour marathon and fist fight an ox.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Yall realize that toughness and strength are deeply interrelated attributes, right?

You can't be "completely invulnerable" but also weak, because one of the biggest limitations on a persons strength is the physical integrity of their body. A person who's weaker than average but also invulnerable would be able to run an hour marathon and fist fight an ox.

Sure but that doesn't mean a mob boss can't order 10 men to dog pile you, restrain you, encase you in cement and then toss you screaming into the nearest body of water.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You also can't jump from the moon to Earth or move things with your mind in real life either, super powers aren't real.

ChronoReverse posted:

Sure but that doesn't mean a mob boss can't order 10 men to dog pile you, restrain you, encase you in cement and then toss you screaming into the nearest body of water.

Also you could wear a belt with a bunch of C4 in it just in case.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 15, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ChairMaster posted:

You also can't jump from the moon to Earth or move things with your mind in real life either, super powers aren't real.

Sometimes I think about moving something, and then my arm swoops in and moves the thing. Surely, that counts. :shrug:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
theres a marvel comic books character whos a mutant and his mutant power is to be completely invulnerable to any kind of damage, but since mutant powers manifest at puberty and muscles build by tearing and regrowing stronger and he was a lazy slob hes forever locked in the body of a fat teen. also hes kind of dumb

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is that his thing? I don't read MHA so I have no idea who has what ability

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Is that his thing? I don't read MHA so I have no idea who has what ability

spoilers from the first couple of chapters aka the premise

He is born without an ability but desperately wants to be a hero. The worlds greatest hero passes on his ability to the MC after the events of the first chapter which is bnasically insane physical power that constantly increases and can be passed on to a successor. Deku's body is too fragile to use it initially. At first he can only use 100% which does that to his limbs but grows to be able to modulate the power output to something he can handle

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MiniFoo posted:

You are describing Zombieman. Granted, he makes up for it by having guns and other weapons on him at all times.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's a Marvel character named Butterball who is in fact completely impervious to harm but is also a fat sixteen year old whose body is literally incapable of improving in any way, meaning he's literally only good to beat up on and nothing else

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

There's a Marvel character named Butterball who is in fact completely impervious to harm but is also a fat sixteen year old whose body is literally incapable of improving in any way, meaning he's literally only good to beat up on and nothing else

Yeah he was just brought up. Appearntly he was eventually as a side effect unable to feel anything at all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wow I somehow completely scooted right past the post don't I look dumb

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr. Lobe posted:

You are describing Zombieman. Granted, he makes up for it by having guns and other weapons on him at all times.

Zombieman kicks so much rear end
That offscreen fight with the Vamp pureblood woah man

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 15, 2017

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The difference between this power and super-regeneration (deadpool) doesn't seem huge

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

The difference between this power and super-regeneration (deadpool) doesn't seem huge

I mean, if you don't think having your arm broken and then having it snap crackle pop itself into place over twenty seconds vs just not being able to be damaged at all then I guess not.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Isn't there a Marvel guy who's deal was he was completely and totally invulnerable, but because of this he couldn't age or work out, so he was stuck as an invulnerable overweight teen?

edit: vvv drat tabs

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 16, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

Isn't there a Marvel guy who's deal was he was completely and totally invulnerable, but because of this he couldn't age or work out, so he was stuck as an invulnerable overweight teen?

no, but there was a Marvel guy who's deal was he was completely and totally invulnerable, but because of this he couldn't age or work out, so he was stuck as an invulnerable overweight teen

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
One Punch Man vs. Butterball the Fat Overweight Teen that's invulnerable. Who'll win?

(the answer is king)

(because they'd play a game)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MiniFoo posted:

Just fight dirty. They can't hurt you back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
weak but invulnerable doesnt sound that good either. Oops, they just locked your weak rear end in a safe and threw in the ocean. Have fun with that.