Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

If they are going that far, they probably have enough to solidly back these claims or they'd risk a massive lawsuit.

Also: Richard Spencer outed the guy this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cyrano is bitchmade for not loving banning them

My guess is, seeing how it's gone in the past, Cyrano finds "no politics" much more palatable and easier to enforce than having to have constant discussions via PMs about which particular right wing beliefs/opinions/statements are worthy of unpersoning.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I didn't actually join SA until after I was in the goon eve guild but I had been reading TFR for years before that as at the time it was mainly talking about old revolvers and military surplus. Somewhere along the way it got kinda over run by borderline alt right fuckers posting about home defense constantly

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
TFR has always had its share of idiots. Wasn't GI joe dirtbag pretty terrible back in the day? There's a few others I seem to remember as well I just don't remember usernames.

Cyrano killing politics chat seemed to get rid of the super alt-right conspiracy weirdos that haunted the politics thread there thankfully

e: when user got dog piled for saying hazing is a good thing in the military was pretty lol

timma85 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 15, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slim Pickens posted:

I haven't gone there forever except for the hunting thread, but was it tenement funster?

Tenement Funster is many things but he's not an alt-right shitbag.

User was the worst imo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

moostaffa posted:

I feel like I should repeat some quotes about this guy, because he is scary as gently caress, and not at a larper like the 4chan wehraboos:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/896927612009840640

quote:

In 1987, prosecutors say Sgt. First Class Michael R. Tubbs and another Army Green Beret, toting automatic weapons fitted with silencers and dressed completely in black, robbed two fellow soldiers of their M-16 rifles during a routine exercise at Fort Bragg, N.C. "This is for the KKK," the holdup men shouted as they fled.

The brazen armed robbery went unsolved for three years, during which time Tubbs, who was with the Special Forces for 12 years, became one of the first U.S. soldiers sent to the Middle East after Iraq invaded Kuwait.

While he was abroad, the wife of his partner in the 1987 holdup went to authorities. Ultimately, five caches of weapons were found, including machine guns, 25 pounds of TNT, land mines, an anti-aircraft machine gun, grenades, booby traps, 45 pounds of C-4 plastic explosive and more. (Authorities believe that the arsenal was stolen from Fort Bragg and Fort Campbell, Ky.)

They also found notes written by Tubbs that showed that he and his brother, John Tubbs, were setting up a violently racist group called the Knights of the New Order. Officials said Michael Tubbs had drawn up lists of targets including newspapers, television stations and businesses owned by Jews and blacks.

There was even a group pledge authored by Tubbs: "I dedicate my heart to oppose the enemies of my race, my nation and the New Order. ... I dedicate my life from this moment forward to fostering the welfare of the white Aryan race."

The Tubbs brothers were named in a 16-count federal indictment. In the end, Michael Tubbs pleaded guilty to theft of government property and conspiracy to transport guns and explosives across state lines. (His brother also pleaded guilty to weapons charges.) Michael served about four years in prison, emerging in 1995.

Michael Tubbs immediately reentered the white supremacist movement, running a group called Kinsman's Comitatus meant to provide financial support to "political prisoners." Helping him was Vicki Gonce, ex-wife of Joel Hubbard, the North Carolina grand dragon of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

like a few weeks ago there was an admin in GIP that was all OH MAN GIP IS BETTER THAN GBS LETS PUT IT AT THE TOP without understanding that its because we run off all the ignorant mother fuckers that deserve to loving hang with SILENT MAJORITY avatars

That was a joke that I made up and had asked an admin to join in on.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Crazy neo nazi

4 years for basically providing material support for terrorism lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

4 years for basically providing material support for terrorism lol

Not even that, he held US soldiers at gunpoint and was stockpiling weapons he'd stolen during his Active Duty years to start a race war while he was a Green Beret.

Guy is nuts.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I mean, how hard is it to just bribe E-2s like civilized arms dealers? Dude probably should have gotten 20 years in military prison at the least.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can't wait until the American Manufacturing Council has been whittled down to a guy who makes knockoff Trucknutz and a guy who owns a shop that sells er.... Southern heritage clothing.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

suboptimal posted:

It wasn't- he doesn't really post in TFR anymore, at least not in the threads I tend to read.

AFAIK TenementFunster is still hell banned from TFR in perpetuity and quite literally can't even browse or read the forum. I mean he's a trustafarian cradle robbing idiot but he's definitely not a nazi

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what did he do that was the final straw

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what did he do that was the final straw

It's been a few years, can't really recall.

Cyrano nuking the politics thread was a good thing. It was a haven for neo nazi scumbags and trolls and it was more of a headache than it was worth.

I was getting tired of having to suicide bomb PCOS every few days anyway

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Smiling Jack posted:

Now he just dive bombs AI threads :smith:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Not even that, he held US soldiers at gunpoint and was stockpiling weapons he'd stolen during his Active Duty years to start a race war while he was a Green Beret.

Guy is nuts.

Both the Green Berets and USMC scout snipers had a significant white supremacist problem in the 80s.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Smiling Jack posted:

Both the Green Berets and USMC scout snipers had a significant white supremacist problem in the 80s.

They still do judging by the SS flags they have

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Smiling Jack posted:

I knew about the Scout Sniper issues (after that SS flag incident) but didn't know about the Green Berets.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

It's been a few years, can't really recall.

Cyrano nuking the politics thread was a good thing. It was a haven for neo nazi scumbags and trolls and it was more of a headache than it was worth.

uh its not hard you loving ban them

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

"fairness"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

M_Gargantua posted:

They're not used to competeting for the spotlight in the unhinged category

hahaha

Handsome Ralph posted:

Watched the new Vice episode and it really put me on edge, but this helped me feel a little bit better.

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/895369247442055168

Heeeeeeeree's JOHNNY!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

PCOS was banned from TFR for a while but then his idiot groupies whined about how hilarious his hot takes were

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

How the gently caress is PCOS not permabanned anyway? Is it because Lowtax makes too much money off that idiot or some poo poo?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i want to go to a klan rally cosplaying as general sherman with a vietnam era flame thrower

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I didn't actually join SA until after I was in the goon eve guild but I had been reading TFR for years before that as at the time it was mainly talking about old revolvers and military surplus. Somewhere along the way it got kinda over run by borderline alt right fuckers posting about home defense constantly

Post the quickly aborted federal attempt at gun control after Sandy Hook, a whole lotta people showed up to be real mad about Obama and various conspiracy theories (F&F, Benghazi, Soros-bucks). It snowballed, obviously, when the 2016 election was in full swing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I was riding with a guy, looks middle eastern but he's from Orlando, from Ft Campbell to Florida and he was like "hey man I heard there's a klan rally in Georgia and I'm kinda curious what it's like. You wanna check it out?"

Probably one of the few times I've ever been blatantly racist(?) in my life: "no, your skin is way too dark for that."

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I was riding with a guy, looks middle eastern but he's from Orlando, from Ft Campbell to Florida and he was like "hey man I heard there's a klan rally in Georgia and I'm kinda curious what it's like. You wanna check it out?"

Probably one of the few times I've ever been blatantly racist(?) in my life: "no, your skin is way too dark for that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQtw-sINTYc

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

Post the quickly aborted federal attempt at gun control after Sandy Hook, a whole lotta people showed up to be real mad about Obama and various conspiracy theories (F&F, Benghazi, Soros-bucks). It snowballed, obviously, when the 2016 election was in full swing.

one of PCOS groupies went on a deranged tangent on how the biased media was covering up an Obama erection scandal

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

one of PCOS groupies went on a deranged tangent on how the biased media was covering up an Obama erection scandal

yeah lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Smiling Jack posted:

Obama erection scandal

What a typo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

ElMaligno posted:

What a typo

Unless this is :thejoke:, uh, nope that was already entirely accurate.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

I find it funny that loving nazis literally murdered someone at a protest and now TFR wants to have NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS

Bootlickers called Cyrano a SJW for dealing probations to racists and apparently that was just too much to bear so now it's all dismissive centrist handwaving all the time.

M_Gargantua posted:

Cyrano is smart like that. Its why GiP has its own intelligent gun chat thread.

It's also regulated. The stupid poo poo thread was not for years before Cyrano took over, and it still was unregulated, and it drove people away. Now that TFR has lost some prominent alt-right people it's now a Concern so he's desperate to clean it up. Meanwhile the GLBTQ folks that left years ago and the people that ducked out when TFR was all "the inevitable legislative response!!!" as Sandy Hook unfolded because wow that's loving gross guys, that's a non-issue who cares.

More or less. Of course if you post about home defense in a scenario where you're defending yourself from aforementioned nazi scum suddenly you're the bad guy and making poo poo up.

Also Funster got shitcanned for outing GI Joe Dirtbag as a rapist and the then mod of TFR banned not only him, Dirtbag, but the victim as well as it was "too much drama".

TFR has had a problem with moderators for loving years.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
because gun owners are largely giant manbabies which is why anyone intelligent usually wants no part of them

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Reminder that PCOS once used the phrase "oven-dodger" to refer to the head of the 2nd Amendment Foundation and didn't even take a six for it

edit: at least ar15.com is up front with how retarded they are with their climate-change is a lie and dowsing is real you guys threads

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Internet Wizard posted:

Reminder that PCOS once used the phrase "oven-dodger" to refer to the head of the 2nd Amendment Foundation and didn't even take a six for it

edit: at least ar15.com is up front with how retarded they are with their climate-change is a lie and dowsing is real you guys threads

edit: enough cross forum drama

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 15, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you know how some people were like "wow how can trump's lawyers let him tweet that out? his lawyer is probably fuckin furious!!"

well..

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/897525756393402368

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

you know how some people were like "wow how can trump's lawyers let him tweet that out? his lawyer is probably fuckin furious!!"

well..

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/897525756393402368

Well, according to Putin...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/897469685934981120

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

edit: enough cross forum drama
Well stomping on the back of fucko's head would certainly be cause for more smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

Holy poo poo that was funny. One grainy video of Barack the Islamic Shock walking around with either a semi or a unfortunate fold on his pants dominating the room with his turgid manhood. All the women in the room were in undeclared state of extreme jeopardy.

Meanwhile Trump is bragging about grabbin em by the pussy.

• Locked thread