Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Fun fact: Wolf Links health is your health in the wiiu/switch port of twilight princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, that was almost as short as Grow Home. Great LP Thorn, looking forward to the next one so I can have some idea of how the hell I'm supposed to play Adventure Mode and unlock Twili Midna.

Since the LP's over, might as well post the rest of your crimes against nature.

http://i.imgur.com/tiRXHd0.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/53m2b2m.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/BQKF26K.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/EizIAuS.mp4

Nalesh posted:

Fun fact: Wolf Links health is your health in the wiiu/switch port of twilight princess.

When weapons break, they inflict twice the normal damage.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Good job defeating Calamity Claus with only three hearts Thorn.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SystemLogoff posted:

You can take ball off the platform and move further back. It makes it super easy.

No one ever thinks about moving it backwards.

I did. It's easier to use two weapons.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

SystemLogoff posted:

You can take ball off the platform and move further back. It makes it super easy.

No one ever thinks about moving it backwards.

I did. For some reason, that didn't work. Physics :argh:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Can you walk away and go do poo poo elsewhere during the final fight?

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Carbon dioxide posted:

Can you walk away and go do poo poo elsewhere during the final fight?

Yes and no. You can flee the Blight Fights, and it'll reset them. But once you get to Ganon himself, you're stuck there.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You know, Thorn, I have killed electric keese with longswords and broadswords before, and somehow avoided electrocution. I'm not entirely sure how that whole thing works in BotW. I think they only do contact damage, so if you hit them with a long enough weapon it won't actually hurt you.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

You know, Thorn, I have killed electric keese with longswords and broadswords before, and somehow avoided electrocution. I'm not entirely sure how that whole thing works in BotW. I think they only do contact damage, so if you hit them with a long enough weapon it won't actually hurt you.

Some weapons have a really weird thing where parts of the weapon isn't conductive, for example some spears that have wooden handles work fine for attacking electric enemies, but it's still gonna call lightning down on you if you use it in a storm. Now this kinda makes sense, but it's really inconsistent about what does and doesn't count for a non conductive handle, which makes a puzzle in a future dungeon pretty annoying if you wanna cheese it :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lazy Bear posted:

Yes and no. You can flee the Blight Fights, and it'll reset them. But once you get to Ganon himself, you're stuck there.

There is a glitch you can exploit to escape, but you end up in a barren landscape with all the assets unloaded.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Seems Skippy and I will be at odds regarding which region and host species is best. For my money, we're peaking early.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Peblets, more like giblets.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If it helps, I like all of the host species.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Nobody made the noise when Thorn was at the top of the tower; 0/10

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Did Thorn ever go to Kakariko Village?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
So this is the shark everybody wants to gently caress.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it wrong that the Double Dare music plays in my head whenever it's time to chain dunk enemies?

Also I do like the overall "Modern Zora" aesthetic of "What if everyone had a cartoon shark for a face? An ENTIRE Shark?" that OoT's Ruto missed out on compared to the generic zora in that game.

Though the worst thing about the Zora is that their racial weapons are the biggest bitch to swing by and collect spares for on demand.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not yet, I think he forgot :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

I think it's more of will Thorn ever go to Kakariko Village. :v:

Also, Prince Sidon is the best, though he has more faith in me than I will ever have in myself.

Miz Kriss fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 19, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Section Z posted:

Is it wrong that the Double Dare music plays in my head whenever it's time to chain dunk enemies?

Also I do like the overall "Modern Zora" aesthetic of "What if everyone had a cartoon shark for a face? An ENTIRE Shark?" that OoT's Ruto missed out on compared to the generic zora in that game.

Though the worst thing about the Zora is that their racial weapons are the biggest bitch to swing by and collect spares for on demand.

I assume they wanted to make Ruto and by extension Lulu unique from the generic Zora because of their significance to OoT and the Great Bay arc of MM.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Miz Kriss posted:

I think it's more of will Thorn ever go to Kakariko Village. :v:

Also, Prince Sidon is the best, though he has more faith in me than I will ever have in myself.

Sidon really does seem to be people's favorite character in the game. And his cheering gave a few folks a rather different vibe from Thorn and co.'s "cheerleader":

RareAcumen posted:

It didn't show up for me so I put it through imgur.

Edit: odd, it was showing just fine. But thanks for fixing it.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 20, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

Sidon really does seem to be people's favorite character in the game. And his cheering gave a few folks a rather different vibe from Thorn and co.'s "cheerleader":

It didn't show up for me so I put it through imgur.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The only Rito anyone remembers is accordion bird.
I don't even remember his name.

Everyone remembers Prince Sidon's name.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 20, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

Edit: odd, it was showing just fine. But thanks for fixing it.

Honestly, this is what I thought you were posting at first.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

The only Rito anyone remembers is accordion bird.
I don't even remember his name.

Everyone remembers Prince Sidon's name.

Accordion bird is Kass. I enjoy running into him from time to time, and his theme so goddamn catchy.

I didn't know about the 20 Zora along the river since I hit the tower from Akkala, so I only saw the one on top of the tower. I also got the hell away from the Zora plotline as soon as I got to their city because I was like "oooh man, Sidon has put waaay too much faith in me. He's gonna be so disappointed."

Also, I found a goddamn Korok inside the shrine of resurrection. loving lazy rear end tree baby trying to snooze for 100 years.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I held a Strawpoll long before the LP began, and they voted for Zora's Domain before Kakariko.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prince Sidon should've been voiced by Over Justice.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Sidon Schmidon, the best character in the game is clearly Bolson.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, all this and still three hearts. Good run so far, aside from those fuckin' Keese.

(Wasn't expecting that bomb arrow to stay lit through the rain, but that makes a little sense.)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Glazius posted:

(Wasn't expecting that bomb arrow to stay lit through the rain, but that makes a little sense.)

Usually it wouldn't, since rain douses the fuse, but I think I hid under a cliff so it would. It'll stay lit in rain if it was lit when you fired. Not that it worked on the keese anyway.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

I like Prince Sidon, but I don't think he's the best. I think he's just a little overdone and, yeah, you see him about three or so too many times on the way to Zora's Domain.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I've always gotten the impression that there aren't nearly as many people who want the fish prince as there are who want the big buff Rito mentioned earlier. :v:

And yeah, Sidon is already popping up a bit much.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Prince Sidon is indeed the best of any individual character in the game.

As far as entire races go, designwise, my favorite is the Rito.

However both them and the Zoras are really good!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Prince Sidon is indeed the best of any individual character in the game.

As far as entire races go, designwise, my favorite is the Rito.

However both them and the Zoras are really good!

Your husbando a poo poo

A shiiiit

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

I actually really like all the racial designs for this game. They're all really on-point.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Not sure if anyone has ever posted this in one of Thorn's threads, but either way, 100% accurate representation of playing just about any Zelda game.

Side questing is bad, mm'kay?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SorataYuy posted:

Not sure if anyone has ever posted this in one of Thorn's threads, but either way, 100% accurate representation of playing just about any Zelda game.

Side questing is bad, mm'kay?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Second half of Zora's river with flanking those shock archers, meeting the Zoras and their bitter old generation, a shrine that I still don't fully understand, and dropping chests out of the sky onto people. It's a full update.

Well, she won't be happy with next week then.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Do the Zoras have a cooking pot anywhere? cos' you got a ton of food at the end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Tombot posted:

Do the Zoras have a cooking pot anywhere? cos' you got a ton of food at the end there.

Yeah, there's a cooking pot at the local inn.

• Locked thread