Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

silvergoose posted:

Cool, can you elaborate? that sounds awesome.

iirc they sued the poo poo out of anyone and anything related to the klan for everything they were worth on behalf of the families of black victims that died or were hurt by their actions and won the vast majority of them since civil suits are super loving easier to win than criminal ones that for some reason white racists kept getting found not guilty in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The answer was better than I could imagine.

http://lionheart-designs.com/

wtf

http://lionheart-designs.com/yeOldeCountyFaire/Doodads/CSA%20Sculpture.shtml

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
arguing with old white centrists about their reactionary opposition to removing monuments because of "history" or whatever the gently caress is making me seriously reconsider my desire to quit drinking

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:chloe: Paris Hilton is still a thing?
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/897540345637949440

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Hey look, it's that reason we shouldn't rely on for-profit insurance schemes.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
:hellyeah:drown the confederacy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Iron Crowned posted:

I want McNuggets now :smith:

i kinda do too lol.

ill probably get them because i live like 200 feet from a mcdonalds

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

So then shouldn't she be accusing Trump of sexually assaulting her?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

is there a reason for this, other than absolute deference to anyone who has more power than you?

The liberal strawman they have imagined hates American car culture due to environmentalism. Yes, they are exactly that petty.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

something about whites versus the blacks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol NML re-regged just to defend Nazis, of course

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im eating some trader joes chicken tenders

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

silvergoose posted:

Cool, can you elaborate? that sounds awesome.

they sued them into the dirt using vicarious liability

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mister magpie posted:

arguing with old white centrists about their reactionary opposition to removing monuments because of "history" or whatever the gently caress is making me seriously reconsider my desire to quit drinking

Ask them why they aren't doing anything about the history being removed from textbooks and lies romanticized if they actually give a poo poo

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

lmao who gives a poo poo about what paris hilton "thinks"?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i can't believe we've been grits for 207 days

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As for the Liberty U thing, it's because the right absolutely worships car ownership. A common theme in lovely right wing books is that the Right Thinking People all own cars whereas the Filthy Commies rideshare or take public transit

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

hello, marie claire? u seem to have mistakenly placed this article about paris hilton in ur celebrity section, just wanted to point out the error so u can correct it. thanks in advance.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
is msnbc basically fox news lite? i dont want tv and my dad says that's all he watches and calls them super liberal.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

rawrr posted:

What is it with internet subcultures and dressing up when congregating IRL? e.g. furries, alt right

Dressing certain ways, especially outside the mainstream, are a super easy way to signal membership to a group. It's just those groups happen to be loving insane. Tbf to furries they are not necessarily Nazis. No one deserves to just get lumped into that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shiksa posted:

i kinda do too lol.

ill probably get them because i live like 200 feet from a mcdonalds

Have some for me, because it would be too much effort to hit the McD's. On the other hand I'm much closer to an Arby's and a Wendy's

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

thank you lady whose only claim to fame was that your family is rich and you like to party

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol Trump's DoJ is demanding a list of members of some #resist website? That's cool.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

lol NML re-regged just to defend Nazis, of course

well, what else does he do?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

is msnbc basically fox news lite? i dont want tv and my dad says that's all he watches and calls them super liberal.

They're the most liberal of the cable networks

Which is to say, they're firmly centrist with one or two left of center shows. They've overtaken Fox in ratings during the week and if they'd just have the sense to fill the weekend with raving Olbermann style entertaining loonies they'd overtake them there, too

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

their ethos is to be the opposition to fox news so yeah basically

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Kazak_Hstan posted:

they sued them into the dirt using vicarious liability

SPLC is good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Poverty_Law_Center#Notable_cases

charms
Oct 14, 2012

charms has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Aug 15, 2017

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/897540617210822657

this bothers me greatly

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

triple sulk posted:

im eating some trader joes chicken tenders

what if "chicken tenders" meant "people who take care of chickens", but you were still allowed to eat them?

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
imagine if twitter had been called tooter

whole different timeline???

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Mr. Nice! posted:

No.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Epic High Five posted:

They're the most liberal of the cable networks

Which is to say, they're firmly centrist with one or two left of center shows. They've overtaken Fox in ratings during the week and if they'd just have the sense to fill the weekend with raving Olbermann style entertaining loonies they'd overtake them there, too

they havent been able to hire a personality from Fox to fill that role tho

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not unexpected but still, damnit
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/897536767779364865

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This jackass gonna say some poo poo from the lobby now?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Dressing certain ways, especially outside the mainstream, are a super easy way to signal membership to a group. It's just those groups happen to be loving insane. Tbf to furries they are not necessarily Nazis. No one deserves to just get lumped into that.

What would the Goon Uniform be?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

They have a few pundits that are actually left-ish but they are still a mainstream cable news network.

Morning Joe was a loving Republican congressman before he got his show.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
When did trump declare his fascism on twitter i musta missed that one

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Trump's version of that long walk down the hallway to the podium at the WH is going to be walking out of an elevator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

is there a reason for this, other than absolute deference to anyone who has more power than you?
That's really it, it's all authoritarians recognize.

• Locked thread