Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

NUMBERING SYSTEM FOR "DUPLICATE" SHIP MODELS DOES NOT GO ABOVE "9"

The ship numbering system used for numbering duplicate entries should count chronologically from 1 (Or zero, if desired by development) and up until the full numbering of duplicates has been reached. In the case shown in the video example linked below - The Stalkers should be numbered either 0-10, or 0-11; the Titans should be numbered either 0-17, or 1-18

While this is obviously not a crucial issue to be fixed; it might be useful as a heads up for much later, when individuals and groups / orgs might have hundreds or even thousands of duplicate ship entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMTfHzB2BM

I say this with all due diplomacy and respect: loving idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kZHuPRNe44

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

I say this with all due diplomacy and respect: loving idiots.

Jokes on you, he has 160,000 credits. Well alpha credits whatever that means.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

big nipples big life posted:

how much is the chariot this commando owns double digits of?

$60

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Aegis-Avenger-Titan

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Jokes on you, he has 160,000 credits. Well alpha credits whatever that means.

Sounds like the joke's on him, to be honest. At least his competence mirrors that of CIG.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol, star citizen is amazing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I wonder if he ordered the $5 Operation Pitchfork skin listed on the page.

Filthy publishers, nickle and diming us to death with their micro-transactions and DLC.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

Will card marine be the next Pokemon ?

You already have the obsessive autist crowd locked down, it's a sure fire win

You found a Bald Spaceman!

... not sure if there will be a whole lot of that "gotta collect them all!" motif going on, but I've seen stranger fads.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The Titanic posted:

... not sure if there will be a whole lot of that "gotta collect them all!" motif going on, but I've seen stranger fads.

Oooh. It's about time someone (re)invented that Ultima VI inventory/loot system, and Chris, having worked on that Ultima V, is obviously the right person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGTskjusHw&t=334s

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

How could Chris Roberts & CIG save card gaming by revolutionizing it with fidelity? I eagerly await his vision.

:prepop:

The cards could have holograms of mocapped space men instead of dumb ol' drawings.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Shiny Bald Spacemen are the Star Engine™ body horrors. Fortunately they aren't nearly as rare as shiny Pokemon.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Titanic posted:

I got a foil Big Benny's machine. I have all the space cards luck.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipU3OFjkHW8

:gary:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Shiny Bald Spacemen are the Star Engine™ body horrors. Fortunately they aren't nearly as rare as shiny Pokemon.
The lovely Bald Spacemen.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

lol, see you out of the corner of my eye in the 'Universe

Also, has anyone commented on how they completely ganked the 3d radar from E:D?

I choose to believe this was because a dumb incomplete game called Solar Plebeian, made by some hack goon, ripped off E:D's radar and it looked infinity better than SC's, and Crobber demanded his radar at least surpass the goon one.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This is what happens when I try to leave the thread.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Needs dubstep.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

thatguy posted:

Press use to poo poo post

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

thatguy posted:

Someone must have played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri to kill time just as Chris walked by, and desperately tried to quit out and pretend they were working.

Corn Nuts
Jul 16, 2003

Pillbug
Since cards only use jpegs, this is something they should be good at right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Corn Nuts posted:

Unfortunately card games also have game mechanics, so no, they would not.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
There will be a glider on sale. Chris wants his snowspeeder. Or a tank.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Well, as a ex-glider pilot i can attest that for contemplating beautiful, vast landscape in silence, gliders are the perfect thing.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Welcome back from your non-Citizen duties commando

are you hyped to the maxx?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

NUMBERING SYSTEM FOR "DUPLICATE" SHIP MODELS DOES NOT GO ABOVE "9"

The ship numbering system used for numbering duplicate entries should count chronologically from 1 (Or zero, if desired by development) and up until the full numbering of duplicates has been reached. In the case shown in the video example linked below - The Stalkers should be numbered either 0-10, or 0-11; the Titans should be numbered either 0-17, or 1-18

While this is obviously not a crucial issue to be fixed; it might be useful as a heads up for much later, when individuals and groups / orgs might have hundreds or even thousands of duplicate ship entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMTfHzB2BM

Oh come on, that's just so sad it hurts :smith:

What the hell dude.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Well, as a ex-glider pilot i can attest that for contemplating beautiful, vast landscape in silence, gliders are the perfect thing.

There are 100 sextillion km of procedural stuff/a moon or two to explore in Star Citizen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Corn Nuts posted:

No, their product pricing is in fact extremely ill suited for a collectible card game

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : The space of AIDS

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

Serious question: how would you determine non arbitrary values for the performance of fantasy space ships trying to recreate the feeling of Star Wars / WW2 dog fighters?

Step 1: decide if you want to model real world physics or fantasy physics

Now that we've eliminated everyone associated with Star Citizen, it's mainly a case of deciding how you want combat to "feel", grouping your fighters into categories of some kind, and playtesting playtesting playtesting.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Card Marine is not sci-fi enough while also ripping off another franchise.

Chris Roberts presents: Darthstone

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Popped in to point out that RPG 'Westboro' uses the scroll wheel to control running speed.

It's also janky as hell, but I thought it's worth having that data point for when things got nicked by Star Citizen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hidden & Dangerous did that over a decade ago, the original Splinter Cell had it too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Unfortunately card games also have game mechanics, so no, they would not.

You used Nipple Jets! It's super effective!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That dude's either the best troll I've ever seen or in need of serious time spend with a mental health professional.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

That dude's either the best troll I've ever seen or in need of serious time spend with a mental health professional.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Exinos posted:

Card Marine is not sci-fi enough while also ripping off another franchise.

Chris Roberts presents: Darthstone

With a revolutionary deck shuffling mechanic! Using an innovative new technology that game designer Chris Roberts has dubbed "grabby hands", players will be required to manually shuffle their deck before each match. To ensure fairness, a minimum shuffle time of 25 minutes will be enforced. After that, both players can be sure that both decks are sufficiently randomized, although either player can enforce an additional 10 minutes of continued shuffle for up to 3 times. For ranked ladder matches, a 60 minute shuffle timer will be enforced before each game.

"This builds tension and provides a level of fidelity that has never been seen in any CCGs before", declared Roberts. "This game will be more lethal than Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 15, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hidden & Dangerous did that over a decade ago, the original Splinter Cell had it too.

Mouse wheel speed?

It was obviously a runaway success.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Rad Russian posted:

With a revolutionary deck shuffling mechanic! Using an innovative new technology that game designer Chris Roberts has dubbed "grabby hands", players will be required to manually shuffle their deck before each match. To ensure fairness, the minimum time enforced will be 25 minutes of continued shuffle. After that, both players can be extremely sure that both decks are sufficiently randomized, although either player can enforce an additional 10 minutes of shuffle for up to 3 times.

Remaining SSUs (Standard Shuffle Units): 67
Time per Shuffle (hh:mm:ss): 00:03:45
Total Remaining Shuffle Time (hh:mm:ss): 04:11:15

You Lose. Next time consder hiring more Citizens to help you shuffle.

Thank you for playing Card Marine!

by Christ Roberts

0x051ef83a : FATAL ERROR: malloc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I bet the procedurally generated cities won't have a single bird just to spite goonies