Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Statistically speaking whether the president was popular in their preteen years will play a big role in whether a child sides with their party, so I don't expect a lot of kids to come out of this far right outside of what has already happened.

Obama was popular with the left, but he was despised by the right. We didn't see this kind of right wing resurgence after Nixon resigned, for example.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

the black husserl posted:

Are ya'll getting tired of Trump's racism and tacit support for white supremacy being responsible for the deaths of Americans? Well don't worry, his stunning malevolence and incompetence are about to get a turn!

https://twitter.com/zcolman/status/...genumber%3D5844

Criminally stupid. Rotting bridges and flooded power plants. gently caress.

Obama was for people being allowed to breath. I Donald J. Trump disagree and there for am making plans to introduce a resolution to Congress in order to enact a law forbidding people to breathe in public. GET BACK TO WORK MITCH! NOW!

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

evilweasel posted:

anyone younger than like 30 is stupefyingly liberal, to a degree its unclear how the republican party can survive once the olds die out

I was curious since I've seen polls like this floating around in Facebook and such. I have no idea how much stock to put in it though:

http://hispanicheritage.org/50000-generation-z-high-school-students-identify-republican/

Also, to the poster who said teenagers aren't impacted by the economy or aware of it... I'm not sure what to take from that since children aren't fed and clothed from a giant pot of free money. I was always pretty aware of the fact that my parents job was tied to our standard if living, certainly by the time I was in high school.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

LogisticEarth posted:

Isn't Gen Z trending pretty conservative in what polls we have? Basically anyone born post-2000? Like, these are the kids who have known nothing but economic malaise, stagnation, constant war, etc.

People born post-2000 can't even loving vote yet.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

evilweasel posted:

kelly did a reasonably good job for a week and then the news explaining to trump how kelly was controlling him made him lash out and show who the boss is

Trump follows a set pattern pretty rigidly. I posted this back on August 2nd when a few goons were worried that Kelly might somehow bring competence to the Trump WH because early on he seemed to have things in hand::

Prester Jane posted:

In my experience when a narcissist resorts to this sort of action it is only a temporary prelude to a record breaking outburst. Trump will respond to his new Daddy for awhile and will go along with things because he needs time to recharge his emotional batteries and (for now) he is getting the praise he needs to function. Like any addict though (my stance is that Trump is literally addicted to the rush of feel-good brain chemicals he gets when he receives praise) tolerance sets in quicker than you realize and eventually what Kelly can offer Trump won't be enough. Further, eventually Kelly's control of Trump will make Kelly the story instead of Trump. While that is okay for now because Kelly is offering Trump what he desperately needs, eventually Trump will sting this frog just like he has all the others.

I want to double emphasize the bolded bit here.The meltdown that is brewing In Trumps malfunctioning brain will eclipse everything we have seen thus far.

Trump folding to Kelly like he did is the sort of thing I have only seen a narcissist do when they were under extreme pressure and they desperately need some space to recharge their psychological batteries. (Thus Trumps vacation shortly after Kelly came on board.) Once those batteries are finished recharging we are going to see Trump drop the nice guy mask and start really trying to incite his followers into violently murdering anyone he feels animosity towards. (Or just any target really, so long as he gets the rush of power from feeling that he caused other people to do violence in his name Trump really does't give a gently caress who gets hurt.)

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 15, 2017

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

He got too used to the fawning "Trump is presidential" coverage he was getting every time he did anything remotely not-awful.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jesus Christ Trump is just an abominable public speaker.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I love that he said he just saw this flowchart for the first time when they whipped this thing out like a week after inauguration.

edit: it was even him holding it

Phoix fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 15, 2017

Kale
May 14, 2010

evilweasel posted:

that is not bad, i was afraid it was gonna be something hella dumb

It's only about 100K likes back so could pass it within the week and I hope to god as many people point it out to Trump as possibly can when it does.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

im the green diamond inthe flowchart

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

His gold obsession is so tacky.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

In my state they literally combined it with martin luther king day, as in the bill to recognize MLK day was passed simultaneously with the bill to recognize confederate memorial day.

Virgian had lee jackson king day after the federal gubbmint forced mlk day down out throats. In 2000 we moved lee-jackson to the friday before mlk day.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
I'm watching just the YouTube captions for this speech and holy poo poo it looks even worse when you read it.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
Infrastructure week is back!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when we thought W Bush was a bad public speaker?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Can't watch, what is the speech even about?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/897549589091405824

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Cru Jones posted:

Infrastructure week is back!

Is that a scroll of fake medals he's going to present to David Clarke in a minute?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Ooo, he's taking questions

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He's answering questions!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

That's McConnell's wife next to him, yeah? Boy I hope he starts going off on him again during this.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Can't watch, what is the speech even about?

A rambling run-on sentence about decreasing the oversight process for building new infrastructure.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
His defense of waiting so that he could be right is so loving stupid and so many people are going to buy it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
YOU MAKE YOUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY TOO, rear end in a top hat!!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

farraday posted:

Virgian had lee jackson king day after the federal gubbmint forced mlk day down out throats. In 2000 we moved lee-jackson to the friday before mlk day.

I grew up in NoVa and I never heard of Lee Jackson King day until I saw it on the internet when I was in college. It was just mlk day.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

don't wanna denounce nazis QUICKLY!

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
"I don't want to make a statement without the facts" he says, about not decrying Nazis.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ahahaha hes so loving mad about the statement stuff

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

Oh man these reporters are out for blood

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
He is such an rear end in a top hat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

he brought a large print copy of his first statement.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this is the stupidest possible defense

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

her mother didn't write you poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

These reporters are not taking Trump's poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"I like to have all the facts."

No you don't. gently caress you and I hope you die a slow and painful deaths.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

her mother didn't write you poo poo.

she did make some sort of statement thanking trump for the second statement

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

how do you measure levels of enthusiasm? number of nazis in the street?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

What is Trump going to brag about when the stock market inevitably tanks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo. The President of the United States is holding a public temper tantrum over his refusal to rush to condemn Nazis.

This is reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Oh will he just shut up? It sucks being on a toilet nearby this thing is being played as I'm forced to listen to this.

• Locked thread