Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Blitz7x posted:

I couldn't watch but is this just normal Goon "It's mattering!" or did something actually happen

This is going to impact his numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Blitz7x posted:

I couldn't watch but is this just normal Goon "It's mattering!" or did something actually happen
The news is going to harp on this disastrous Q & A session all week unless something even worse happens.

Shookies
Aug 17, 2003

A Magic Hand took my Freeze-Gun!!

Annointed posted:

I need a full recording this now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj5RyIiClEg

-22:10 is where he starts to answer questions off script.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah basically imagine this video, repeated 45 times

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
By the way, I love how "do you have confidence in X" has turned into code for "are you going to fire X" after the whole Flynn thing

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

KickerOfMice posted:

Well, the nazis DID vote for him.

And he did it to defend his fragile, more brittle than a wet cracker mess of an ego

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blitz7x posted:

The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum, defended Confederacy monuments, said there were good people in the White Nationalist rally, and saying the anti-Nazi "alt left" protestors were just as much to blame.

So you decide.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So interestingly enough when Colbert was interviewing the Mooch last night I took special notice of Colbert asking him a question about why Trump goes out and can't just condemn nazism and objectively bad things and Mooch's opinion actually seems to track the more Trump speaks this week and the more I think about it. Basically he categorized it as simply as Trump's beef with the media overriding all other possible concerns and Trump figuring he's antagonizing the media by saying things they don't expect a President to say like he did on the campaign trail not realizing that he does far more harm to himself than to his "enemies". Ultimately though he said you'd have to ask Trump himself though good luck with that.

Keep in mind this is coming from the crazy rant 10 days shortest tenured Communications Director in history guy and seems like an entirely plausible explanation based on what I've seen.

e: Incidentally CNN has us back to the "both sides" thing and we're back to Sunday now in terms of "presidential" stance on Charlottesville. Incidentally Colbert also asked Mooch which position he figured was real and he also volunteered that he'd have to find a way to ask Trump himself cause only he knew the answer, but turns out Colbert won't have to and we all know now.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 15, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

JazzFlight posted:

The news is going to harp on this disastrous Q & A session all week unless something even worse happens.

What i'm hearing is it'll be out of the headlines in 12 hours

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

yeah basically imagine this video, repeated 45 times

Also side note: Steve Bannon is a good guy and not a racist

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

It was slightly mattering over the weekend when he took two days to give a tepid condemnation of Nazis.

Just now at the press conference he double-tripled down on that, he said repeatedly:

-Both sides were violent. Did you see the alt-left attacking with clubs??
-The Nazis had a permit to protest the Lee statue removal, and in fact most of the Nazis are peaceful good people.
-You're all fake news why aren't you reporting that both sides were violent. Also, the left protesters didn't even have a permit!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KickerOfMice posted:

He's the poor man's rich man. Everything gold, needlessly ornamented. Ostentatious nouveau riche baroque gold plated cheeseburger of a human.
Remember that Daily Show clip with the old rich women who called themselves Trumpettes? GOLD PANTHER IN THE LIVING ROOM.

Pure class.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/michaeldfuller/status/897544827318943744

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/o_ema/status/897553607867990019

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
What is the alt-left? I've only heard it used by centrist liberals as a pejorative to leftists.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Kale posted:

So interestingly enough when Colbert was interviewing the Mooch last night I took special notice of Colbert asking him a question about why Trump goes out and can't just condemn nazism and objectively bad things and Mooch's opinion actually seems to track the more Trump speaks this week and the more I think about it. Basically he categorized it as simply as Trump's beef with the media overriding all other possible concerns and Trump figuring he's antagonizing the media by saying things they don't expect a President to say like he did on the campaign trail not realizing that he does far more harm to himself than to his "enemies". Ultimately though he said you'd have to ask Trump himself though good luck with that.

Keep in mind this is coming from the crazy rant 10 days shortest tenured Communications Director in history guy and seems like an entirely plausible explanation based on what I've seen.

That's definitely part of it. He's literally looking for Hot Takes to roast the Fake News with. He's also a moron.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Javes posted:

What is the alt-left?
Made up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
jesus gently caress what the hell did he do? did he finally go full alt right.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Javes posted:

What is the alt-left? I've only heard it used by centrist liberals as a pejorative to leftists.

you have complete mastery over the concept

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/897555997723701248

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Javes posted:

it doesn't really exist in any meaningful way, it's just the "other side" that needs to exist if you want to say both sides are bad and the truth is in th emiddle

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I cannot wait to see how Ivanka responds to this, and what will come of Melania anti cyber bullying campaign.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
the only good thing in the world is that his cabinet are in hell and donald trump is the devil
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/897556167987126272

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh boy

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

FizFashizzle posted:

Alright, I want to talk about what i call the Moral Imperative of Doxx'ing Nazis.

:words:

There have to be consequences for their actions.
Totally agree and this is really well written. Would you be offended if I lifted some of it to deposit in some FB threads? I have a few liberal friends who are getting into a mode of: "yeah CVille's attacks were horrible, but witch hunts are dangerous and also badwrong". And ok you should be very cautious of false positives and bringing heat to someone who didn't have poo poo to do with it, but otherwise gently caress that. Shaun King's TL recently is absolutely the right approach.

quote:

now i'd like a spicy chicken sandwich, a frostee, and some fries
This is the only correct Wendy's order :colbert:

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 15, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus gently caress what the hell did he do? did he finally go full alt right.

In the most clumsy way possible.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hastings posted:

I cannot wait to see how Ivanka responds to this, and what will come of Melania anti cyber bullying campaign.

Spoilers: It's gonna be mostly silence punctuated by a few milquetoast "be nice" remarks.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Javes posted:

It's basically whataboutism when people bring up the "alt-right"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hastings posted:

and what will come of Melania anti cyber bullying campaign.

britney video mk2 about leave donald alone

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Javes posted:

Not really a thing. Some of the crazier berniebros (probably nobody on this forum, or very few) aren't really indistinguishable from the Alt Right in the way they behave, but it's been an eternity since we had real far left wingnuts who actually DID things.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Depends on your threshold for mattering. Donald Trump is probably going to still be president when we vote in November 2020. Today didn't change that.

I think most of us are mentally picturing probability distributions for how the house and Senate may go in 2018, and seeing those numbers shift a decent amount based on the cheeto nazi's meltdown.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's basically whataboutism when people bring up the "alt-right"

or being used pejoratively to suggest that someone is like what the alt-left would be, if such a thing existed

but it doesn't

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Blitz7x posted:

He outright defended the purpose of the Nazi march, and said that the tiki Nazis were innocent, saying that "not everyone there was a white supremacist" about a group of people waving swastika flags.

This was the biggest meltdown he's had, by far.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Javes posted:

That's the whole thing. It's pure equivocation and whataboutism.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

The news is going to harp on this disastrous Q & A session all week unless until something even worse happens.

fixed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bhaal posted:

Totally agree and this is really well written. Would you be offended if I lifted some of it to deposit in some FB threads? I have a few liberal friends who are getting into a mode "yeah CVille's attacks were horrible, but witch hunts are dangerous and also badwrong". And ok you should be very cautious of false positives and bringing heat to someone who didn't have poo poo to do with it, but otherwise gently caress that, Shaun King's TL recently is absolutely the right approach.
This is the only correct Wendy's order :colbert:

yeah go nuts

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Calibanibal posted:

*in extremely covok voice* this doesnt matter no one cares, republicans will win in 2018

But they probably will because there is always more and it is always worse.

I'd say a filibuster-proof majority but I guess filibusters aren't a thing anymore anyways.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Javes posted:

depends on who you ask. mostly nothing.

welp. just welp.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Javes posted:

Anyone who listens to Chapo Trap House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Hastings posted:

She will probably get Trump to give a speech on unity and equality in late August, when everyone is back at school/work, and it gets a lot of publicity.

• Locked thread