Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chill la Chill posted:

:rip: fell into a giant space vagina

But enough about Ian Watson's Space Marine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
That book is great, fite me heretic

Aside from the question why Space Marines are invading WW2 Earth so randomly they don't even know who they're fighting (seriously, though, why) Devastators usually carry 4 heavy weapons and are't dropped as a vanguard... loving nerd can't even get hams right

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Doesn't the "Skyhammer Annihilation Force" have something about dropping Devastators as a vanguard to pin units so they can be charged sans overwatch by Assault Marines?

Wait, what am I saying? Why am I trying to justify someone's lovely fanfic?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ilor posted:

Why would he need to defeat them? They'd see that he's da biggest and da greenest, and naturally he would lead the next great Waaaaaagh. It is known.

But where are his tusks? His gubbins and bitz? What's that black stuff on his head? Also, purple pants? Red's fine, it's fast. Blue's fine, it's lucky. But putting them both together straight doesn't work!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JcDent posted:

That book is great, fite me heretic

Aside from the question why Space Marines are invading WW2 Earth so randomly they don't even know who they're fighting (seriously, though, why) Devastators usually carry 4 heavy weapons and are't dropped as a vanguard... loving nerd can't even get hams right

The rapid response frontline devastator is a recurring meme in our i'm the games in byob, so.....

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Screaming Idiot posted:

But where are his tusks? His gubbins and bitz? What's that black stuff on his head? Also, purple pants? Red's fine, it's fast. Blue's fine, it's lucky. But putting them both together straight doesn't work!

A fine point, but then Hulk punches the Ork asking all the stoopid questions, and the rest all cheer. The questioning ork probably cheers too, if hes lucky enough to still be alive and conscious.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Screaming Idiot posted:

I regularly paint ork pants purple just because green and purple look good together. Didn't even make the Hulk connection until now.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Wasn't there an actual storyline where Hulk got shot into space, took over an alien empire and then invaded earth?

Just sayin' it's not out of canon for Hulk to lead hordes of aliens.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Wasn't there an actual storyline where Hulk got shot into space, took over an alien empire and then invaded earth?

Planet Hulk - He works his way up from enslaved pit-gladiator to king of the planet.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Screaming Idiot posted:

The black stuff is obviously a hair squig, just a really boring colour.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

SteelMentor posted:

There was also a short run Punisher story called Space Punisher where Hulk was essentially an eternally pissed off comet who would fly through space. Once he hit a ship he would tear it apart with his bare hands and jump away till he got something else. Iirc he had four arms and fucks up a bunch of watchers. It owned.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Weirdo posted:

Planet Hulk - He works his way up from enslaved pit-gladiator to king of the planet.

Primarch Hulk of the World Eaters

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhhh, that would actually inflict 54450 unsaved wounds on space marines, so that squad of ten imperial fists would be wiped out in the blink of an eye

:goonsay:

Pretty sure the Krauts would be at BS like, -37. They could roll 19 sixes in a row, and the Marines would still be unfazed.

While it was terrible, spergy, and just weird, that fanfic was no worse than some of the actual novels GW has put out.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

The rapid response frontline devastator is a recurring meme in our i'm the games in byob, so.....

Details?

Also, a WWII infantryman would be unlikely to call Botler a rifle (it is an look more like an oversize SMG) or Heavy Bolter a heavy machinegun because it doesn't look like anything.

Anyways, here's an Orkstealer:

[url=http://knightmareminiatures.com/]Some Spanish sculptor is sculpting oldhammerish poo poo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JcDent posted:

Details?

(Someone posts a 40k picture)

"im the rapid response devastator"

"im the acceptable substitute for a battle-mound"

"I'm the Skull Crotch"

"okay but what are you in the picture"

etc

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hamshot posted:

So, who would win Emps vs Incredible Hulk?

Given that the Emperor is a corpse (not an animated corpse or anything. Just... a corpse) I'm going to have to hand this one to the Hulk.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

The Lone Badger posted:

Given that the Emperor is a corpse (not an animated corpse or anything. Just... a corpse) I'm going to have to hand this one to the Hulk.

Yet another reason why Fantasy is better than 40k. Being just a non-animated corpse never stopped Kroak from getting poo poo done

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Anyways, here's an Orkstealer:

[url=http://knightmareminiatures.com/]Some Spanish sculptor is sculpting oldhammerish poo poo.
Please stop posting this. I've been clean for over a decade and these make me wanna start 40k again. Also, this is not the "best of the best" thread :colbert:

Back to the topic, here's something from the WMH thread (:nws:):

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 15, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
IM THE drat BALLS

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xarbala posted:

(Someone posts a 40k picture)

"im the rapid response devastator"

"im the acceptable substitute for a battle-mound"

"I'm the Skull Crotch"

"okay but what are you in the picture"

etc

Yeah, the rapid response devastator has been a staple of 40k art for at least a decade.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

IM THE drat BALLS
I am the flaccid

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Moola posted:

IM THE drat BALLS

im the limp potato dick

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im the lovingly highlighted yet anatomically incorrect rear end

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

the real question here is does the little guy have his own uniquely sculpted package

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cat Face Joe posted:

im the lovingly highlighted yet anatomically incorrect rear end

I mean we can go on with the anatomically weird pecs and crystalline formations too, butt

Cat Face Joe posted:

the real question here is does the little guy have his own uniquely sculpted package

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Weirdo posted:

Coming soon to a theatre, in Thor Ragnorork.

I'm the little man on the shoulder raising his fists.
Is that an official model, or a conversion?

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 15, 2017

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Chill la Chill posted:

I am the flaccid

Would this model be improved if it were erect?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

GREATER GOOD HERO KAIS'LA "THE GAMER"

edit: whole site is a gold mine.
https://wargameexclusive.com

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 15, 2017

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

MasterSlowPoke posted:

THIS IS NOT A TOY

I saw "alternative head included", somehow missed the pic of the lady and thought they were going to include Boba Fett's head without the helmet.

Then shrugged my shoulder and thought, "eh, Japan. Whatchu gonna do".

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Kabuki-studio? More like Bukakke-studio.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cat Face Joe posted:

There's a naked Tau lady on that website in particular that we've made fun of in the 40k thread many, many times

They have some okay sculpts but then 50% of it or more is ladies in bikini armor or completely naked.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Zaphod42 posted:

There's a naked Tau lady on that website in particular that we've made fun of in the 40k thread many, many times

They have some okay sculpts but then 50% of it or more is ladies in bikini armor or completely naked.

They put tits on necrons...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Cat Face Joe posted:

One time, years ago, I had a guy ask if I could paint the resting sniper one.

The look on my face got him to drop the idea real quick.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's frustrating because they have a bunch of good stuff like the Ork bitz and Imperial Cars, which I kind of want but not at the expense of supporting a company that makes awful titty figures.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Frobbe posted:

They put tits on necrons...

Well, necrons probably love tits just as much as the next xeno

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"And THIS is what the ladies will be wearing for eternity!" said the sexist Necronyr scientist, unveiling the tit-bots to a horrified audience.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Slimnoid posted:

One time, years ago, I had a guy ask if I could paint the resting sniper one.

The look on my face got him to drop the idea real quick.

a look of UNRESTRAINED ANIMAL LUST

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

moths posted:

"And THIS is what the ladies will be wearing for eternity!" said the sexist Necronyr scientist, unveiling the tit-bots to a horrified audience.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm totally gonna get one of those Imperial Cars for my FLGS as soon as I have money for terrain.

Then I'll get their cataphrons, because they look better and are cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I'm surprised they didn't add tits to the orks.