Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kale
May 14, 2010

Just watching the full presser now. It's amazing how strongly he comes out against the "alt-left" and how belligerent he gets towards the reporters over things versus that tepid condemnation he was forced to do yesterday that he could barely bring any energy too at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Do it. Make sure you take it with the beginners.

Be the pudgy 40 year old man in the room with a bunch of 10 year olds.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

business hammocks posted:

When are the White House resignations going to start? This business council doesn't mean poo poo.

ha ha you think they'd resign when they know that this may be the last decades of the GOP ever holding power?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In case you have ten years to learn enough martial arts to get you through a street fight

"i'm feeling real anxious about the world, better buy a firearm" is not any better advice

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Drowned out by all the insanity is him comparing Lee to Washington

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yknow, it's amazing. We didn't even get some new age hate group, with similar idea but different branding. No, it's literally Nazis again.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Your Taint posted:

I'm with you. I hate guns and have never even handled one, but the thought is crossing my mind more and more about getting one to help me protect my family.

For gods sake, take the time to train and learn every safety precaution before keeping one in your home. The last thing the country needs is even more gun owners that don't know how and when to use them.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

My family a week ago: I like Trump because he tells it like it is and doesn't have a filter, unlike the mainstream media!

My family now: It's a good thing he waited to get all the facts before rushing to judgment, unlike the mainstream media!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pleasant weather in NY tonight.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I recommend buying guns but do not do so unless take it seriously and train how to properly and safely operate them. Having one otherwise is just more danger to yourself and people around you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Buy a rifle so you can swing it around like a club if you forget how to shoot.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Democrazy posted:

I don't see how anyone can have a moral problem with shaming and naming Nazis. I guess my problem is that I worry that a bunch of people are going to be misidentified and unjustly persecuted, like that poor guy that got accused incorrectly by Redditors as the Boston Marathon Bomber.

Before you go attributing names to faces, you should be pretty sure.

You just cited the problem in your own post.

Also, let's just ban all statues. Except for The Thinker, The Michael Jordan One and the Rocky one in Philly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

RZA Encryption posted:

For gods sake, take the time to train and learn every safety precaution before keeping one in your home. The last thing the country needs is even more gun owners that don't know how and when to use them.

I would obviously do that. Especially seeing as I have small kids. I'm not a moron. Well, at least not about that.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

disjoe posted:

My family a week ago: I like Trump because he tells it like it is and doesn't have a filter, unlike the mainstream media!

My family now: It's a good thing he waited to get all the facts before rushing to judgment, unlike the mainstream media!

Sorry that your family is full of racists. :(

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/RepCharlieDent/status/897571875517337600

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/897575723443027968

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
cnn.com headline right now: HE STILL BLAMES BOTH SIDES

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yknow, it's amazing. We didn't even get some new age hate group, with similar idea but different branding. No, it's literally Nazis again.

Nazism is the only proven ideology with a repeatable gameplan for dissolving democratic institutions and reorganizing society around racist violence. It makes sense that right wing radicals gravitate towards what works.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

Buy a rifle so you can swing it around like a club if you forget how to shoot.

Buy a shotgun since it's more club-like but keep it unloaded

Hilariously it's more legal to open carry a shotgun than it is a bludgeon.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Huh, wonder if he isn't a native English speaker, given "manifestation", which would mean the right thing in French, and therefore probably Spanish?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

If the gop allow this human piece of poo poo they are equally culpable as the Nazi sympathizer Donald Trump

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Guessing Gardner isnt going to do a town hall in Boulder

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Curbelo's in a very vulnerable district and in a decent Democratic year will lose his seat. Not a stretch to imagine him distancing himself from Trump.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

business hammocks posted:

When are the White House resignations going to start? This business council doesn't mean poo poo.

I don't know when they will, just that they will happen eventually.

Trump might get a few more bargaining cycles out of people, but he is alienating people faster than he can normalize his behavior.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Google Butt posted:

If the gop allow this human piece of poo poo they are equally culpable as the Nazi sympathizer Donald Trump

you say "if" as they're going to do anything than furl their brows with concern

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

the Rocky one in Philly.

That statue is the worst, super ugly and Stallone got angry when the Philadelphia Art Museum wouldn't put it at the top of the steps.

If it was at the top of the steps little kids wouldn't be able to jump up and down there for photographs!

Let's keep the one of Thorfin Karlstefni instead.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/897578872191021056

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Annointed posted:

you say "if" as they're going to do anything than furl their brows with concern

they're going to loudly condemn white nationalists then go back to dogwhistling for their vote

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gret posted:

Sorry that your family is full of racists. :(

Much appreciated.

But I'm from Mississippi so I'm used to it.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Your Taint posted:

I would obviously do that. Especially seeing as I have small kids. I'm not a moron. Well, at least not about that.

My comments were aimed not just at you, but also at any spectators thinking the same thing. Some people really think they know everything they need to know about gun ownership. There's a lot more than insert bullets, pull trigger.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Great and now I'm gonna spend a week driving from north Florida to Tennessee all for a loving eclipse my dad wants to see. And I rather not be anywhere in the south right now.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/897578969280761861

democrat, but still

e: https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/897579093184610305

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Unrelated to the big insanity we saw, want some little insanity? This cannot be real, right?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/897570431355453451

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

OddObserver posted:

Huh, wonder if he isn't a native English speaker, given "manifestation", which would mean the right thing in French, and therefore probably Spanish?

That is the word in Spanish, but its so clear what it means to an English speaker, that maybe it has been adopted in some places?

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
What was hilarious to me is he falsely claims we're at the lowest unemployment in our history (not as low as nearly 2% in 1953) a couple sentences before "..because I want to make sure, when I make a statement that the statement is correct".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

RZA Encryption posted:

My comments were aimed not just at you, but also at any spectators thinking the same thing. Some people really think they know everything they need to know about gun ownership. There's a lot more than insert bullets, pull trigger.

Including local laws. Yes it is your right to openly carry a gun. You are going to make it five feet out your front door before someone tries to arrest you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Walmart CEO came out to say that he was remaining on Trumps business council less than one hour before Trumps racist tirade lol. Whoops

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

That presser was honestly kind of unbelievable. He hosed up when he didn't immediately denounce white supremacists after Charlottesville. Only after intense public and internal White House pressure did he actually make a speech specifically calling them out. Then today, he completely undid that speech and then some, by further blaming the "alt-left" and even going so far as to defend white supremacists. David Duke even sent out his appreciation.

Good god.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/897578048945631233

i want a picture of that staffer

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

When you're so nakedly racist that you start accidentally making the opposite argument you meant to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
SPLC is a good charity to donate to, right?

• Locked thread