Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Trump isn't going to convince anybody that not everyone in the first protest group was a racist but he tried anyway for several minutes in that conference.

Really it doesn't matter how deeply anyone on the right in Charlottesville identified with the Nazis that were there, the problem is that they were (according to Trump) okay with "being on the same side" as the hate groups of slightly differentiating whiteness that "just happened" to be there.

Imo it's cowardly of him to basically insist that bigotry can be measured on a scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/897576880555130883

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I hope the CEO who said he'd stay on is kicking himself. What did you expect?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

alpha_destroy posted:

Unrelated to the big insanity we saw, want some little insanity? This cannot be real, right?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/897570431355453451

i feel like with the list of names of CBS directors and the length of the space for the name you can work out who that must have been

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yknow, it's amazing. We didn't even get some new age hate group, with similar idea but different branding. No, it's literally Nazis again.

Adolf Eichmann was a high-school dropout who couldn't even keep a steady job in his father's company. The alt-right is primarily composed of aimless, angry-because-women-won't-gently caress-me guys who want a Daddy figure to pave a path to greatness for them. None of them are leaders. I've said before that Trump is not America's Hitler, but after today I'm worried that he's so desperate for adulation *from anyone* that he's going to *try* to become that. He'll fail, but his failures will give a *competent* and *patient* fascist all the tips they need to succeed. Every failure by Trump to coddle the racist right is a victory for someone who can - and will - do 'hate' better.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

When you're so nakedly racist that you start accidentally making the opposite argument you meant to.

I've noticed alt right fuckers do this sort of poo poo all the time. It's about making the most outrageous possible statements so if any logical hangup or self defeating argument gets in the way of that it's like whatever to these people

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/897577018451267584

He loving refuses to @ him, what a coward

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HappyHippo posted:

SPLC is a good charity to donate to, right?
They're fantastic and thanks to Trump the only people really tracking white terror groups at the moment.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

HappyHippo posted:

SPLC is a good charity to donate to, right?

YES

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

I dont think @ him is a big deal

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

mango sentinel posted:

They're fantastic and thanks to Trump the only people really tracking white terror groups at the moment.

ok done

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
These need to stop being on background and anonymous if anything is going to change.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

skeleton warrior posted:

No, shouting out to Nazis wasn't the plan.

Angrily berating the media for not being nice to him was the plan. It will always be the plan. And he will always double down and gently caress things up as long as the rest of the media isn't as nice to him as Fox & Friends.

We are so lucky that the first Nazi President was also a stupid, incompetent narcissist.

It's pretty common for committed Nazis to be screaming assholes so not too hard to get them to reveal that.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Despera posted:

It is. He can't even address @trump specifically because he fears repercussions.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Despera posted:

he's making sure trump doesn't actually see it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I own an M1 Garand with a 1943 dated receiver. There's a great chance that it's been used to kill Nazis.

It's a most prized possession.

I also have a Mosin Nagant so I got the Eastern Front covered as well so my odds of owning a Nazi killer are extra good!

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 15, 2017

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

evilweasel posted:

i feel like with the list of names of CBS directors and the length of the space for the name you can work out who that must have been

Almost assuredly Bruce Gordon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ague Proof posted:

You mean walmart? A place where old/racist shits go to get their only source of food, ammo or employment in their little rat poo poo rural town? Most of their money comes from the KKK.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

evilweasel posted:

Until Fox News mentions it.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

He loving refuses to @ him, what a coward

2017, ladies and gentlemen!!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Trump's primarying of McConnell is a litmus test. If it works, he and his Cabinet will do their best to replace the GOP 'old guard' with neophytes eager to do anything and everything they're told to become career politicians.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Crabtree posted:

You mean walmart? A place where old/racist shits go to get their only source of food, ammo or employment in their little rat poo poo rural town? Most of their money comes from the KKK.

Dell said he'd stay on, not sure who else did

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What happened? Was... was the President of the United States of America bringing up "whataboutism" and seemingly taking the side in favor of WHITE loving SUPREMACISTS AND FRIGGIN' NAZIS? Any other guy, no matter how vile, hateful and monstrous would've taken advantaged of this situation no problem. How can you gently caress up this badly? Why double down on something like this? It just... :tizzy:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Who thinks Kelly is gonna gtfo ?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

"This is is this is the turning point were Trump finally settles down and stops outright supporting the Alt-Right. He's finally denounced them and we can get back to cutting deals for Wal-Mart."

*checks news*

"Oh poo poo..."

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Both sides https://twitter.com/Nazi_Catcher/status/897314596653940736

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

evilweasel posted:

I think he will hear about it somehow

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Crabtree posted:

Based on my limited experience shopping at WalMart, theircustomers are actually pretty diverse (and much more diverse than the Target in the same town).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crabtree posted:

Most of rural America Walmart shoppers are not in the kkk.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wark Say posted:

What happened? Was... was the President of the United States of America bringing up "whataboutism" and seemingly taking the side in favor of WHITE loving SUPREMACISTS AND FRIGGIN' NAZIS? Any other guy, no matter how vile, hateful and monstrous would've taken advantaged of this situation no problem. How can you gently caress up this badly? Why double down on something like this? It just... :tizzy:

Because it antagonizes the media and his "enemies"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hollismason posted:

i was actually thinking about this after seeing those photographs of him today. i doubt he will, but today's events probably provide him with a good reason as any to exit stage right.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kale posted:

Because it antagonizes the media and his "enemies"

no it's because he's a racist

he does racist things repeatedly because hes a racist, not for the reaction

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Hollismason posted:

I'm guessing that as a former general, he will stick around and try to clean poo poo up, no matter how bad it gets (same goes for McMaster). The only way he leaves is if Trump fires him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hey Prester Jane. What do we do now?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I think it's time for another bigass March on Washington.

They showed their numbers. Let's show ours.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

gret posted:

Based on my limited experience shopping at WalMart, theircustomers are actually pretty diverse (and much more diverse than the Target in the same town).

Yeah if you're planning on going into a Walmart and screaming how they're all in the KKK you're going to get some seriously confused looks from a large amount of the shoppers there

Kale
May 14, 2010

evilweasel posted:

no it's because he's a racist

he does racist things repeatedly because hes a racist, not for the reaction

Heis but the overriding impulse seems to be "but muh enemies"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So, just throwing this out here, do we suddenly see the GOP rapidly accelerate the Mueller investigation or try to move on it quickly to try to backstab Trump?

I'm just going full :tinfoil: cause it's been that kind of a crazy day.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I though Kelly is pretty far right, judging by his anti-immigrant stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Spacebump posted:

Most of rural America Walmart shoppers are not in the kkk.

Just because they ain't clan doesn't mean they don't buy tiki torches to intimidate minorities or aren't racist all the same.

• Locked thread