Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shoenin posted:

Man were never gonna get Ramza's enhancements
Also Popoi is getting his 6*? Didnt he get that in the SD3 event in Japan?

Also how good are Soleil's enhancements?

FFBE global not getting the SD3 event doesn't bode well for any hopes to see the Mana Collection on the Switch come to the US. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Dang, in one night I dropped from 7k to 13k in ranking.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

FFBE global not getting the SD3 event doesn't bode well for any hopes to see the Mana Collection on the Switch come to the US. :(

That's a real shame, I love me some Seiken Densetsu 3.

I don't have a Switch, but maybe it can be added to the SNES classic in a similar manner to adding games to the NES Classic. I mean, it's missing Crono Trigger as it is...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Are we friends? We could be if not. I'm Rainbow in-game.

I'll boot a pubbie for you after work, what's your FC? I'm ZottSA

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Nuebot posted:

Dang, in one night I dropped from 7k to 13k in ranking.

Yeah, I don't get arena. I constantly fight the top opponent and can't break 4K.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how do you still have pubbies on your list i think mine is all goon although some are hard to tell without mentioning sa, stairs etc

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cry Havoc posted:

how do you still have pubbies on your list i think mine is all goon although some are hard to tell without mentioning sa, stairs etc

I've still got a few non-goons with decent things like 800ish atk Orlandeaus or Aileens for when I run out of crazy goon ones.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BDawg posted:

Yeah, I don't get arena. I constantly fight the top opponent and can't break 4K.

With stuff like that and the #1 and #2 people having 60m and 51m raid points respectively I wonder how much :retrogames: is just for lapis so crazy whales can endlessly farm arena and raids to get those #1 spots

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

not enough goon aileens so when i have free spots i will prune a goon who hasn't logged in for over a month and will accept pubby aileens with over 800 attack. of course i always make room for goons too but my friend unit isnt whaley enough to fill my list with goon requests. although having played since soft launch its really hilarious to me that a 940 attack friend unit with dual wield and a built in imperil isn't whaley enough for something v:o:v

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Toonman offline for 3 days? :stare:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
iirc he was having Facebook login issues again.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

just send fb a dick pic and they'll sort it out in no time :bigtran:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

just send fb a dick pic and they'll sort it out in no time :bigtran:

The solution to, and cause of, all of the world's problems.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

I'll boot a pubbie for you after work, what's your FC? I'm ZottSA

634, 188, 308. Three spots available, for anyone else who wants a 100% Evade Fohlen buddy who can solo Gilgamesh! I can make more room if I'm full, will start accepting pubbies in 24 hours so I can get back to TM grinding.

Cry Havoc posted:

Every time I clean out players inactive for over a week, I don't get enough nibbles from Goons, and have to fill my list up again with pubbies so that my FRep doesn't throw a rod when it asks me if I want to add a pubbie.

Most of the pubbies I have left are maybe whales from Reddit. Less than ten at this point. One or two IRL friends who play.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

So this glitch thing....what if I'm just getting normal damage from 2B? Not a gajillion, not ones, but normal 2kish hits?

I've got a 5s, andI've heard it works fine on them, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can beat the robot, I'm sure, but not for four loving hours. I've got a full time job, and a wife and kids fer jah's sake.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BDawg posted:

I meant raid ranking, I was doing real good then woke up today and BAM, 13k.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Nuebot posted:

I meant raid ranking, I was doing real good then woke up today and BAM, 13k.

Bots.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Agrias, Sozhe, A2, Rydia, Luka, Garland, Shine, and Cloud of Darkness on one 10+1 draw. Oh the RNG was smiling upon me tonight.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So this glitch thing....what if I'm just getting normal damage from 2B? Not a gajillion, not ones, but normal 2kish hits?

I've got a 5s, andI've heard it works fine on them, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can beat the robot, I'm sure, but not for four loving hours. I've got a full time job, and a wife and kids fer jah's sake.

Maybe try installing Nox or Memu, seeing if it has the bug on your instance, and if it's the 1 damage version then force close it a few times until you get it. You'd have to link your BE account to a facebook account too. Otherwise you might be out of luck, you could try the force close approach and see if that changes the normal damage to a bugged one but that's a pretty far long bomb.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Since the bug doesn't work on my iPhone, I tried it in Memu. Started off with normal damage then the damage shrunk to 1s. No good, folks.

I did about ten force closes after the damage shrunk to one but it didn't work, maybe it needs to start off with 1s for damage.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 16, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Wouldn't be surprising. I don't believe for a moment that thousands of people are spending lapis to the point that I can't even get in to the top 10k despite having missed maybe 5-10 orbs total since the raid started considering I'm usually in the 3-5k range.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

BGrifter posted:

If you're getting 1s you can do the bug. You just need to force close the app and try till it works. Usually only takes 2-3 tries for me but I've had it take as many as 6+ before.

You certain? I tried maybe 20 times, closing and reopening, and sometimes changing the Nox settings but only got "normals" followed by "ones" every single time.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
The bug reliably worked on the 2012 Nexus 7 I have lying around. Game runs slow but I guess it doesn't matter when it only takes one hit to kill that garbage pile of a robot. I'm so glad there's a way around that stupid 6-hour per run encounter. What awful design.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wow, I just got a couple of the Earth Veritas's last skills and he REALLY becomes a wall. I can't take elite Engels without a carry, but he can sit there and tank everything long enough for the rest of my party to actually provide support. I need to see if I've got a healer somewhere. It may be time to upgrade my team from rocket tag to actual strategy.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Toonman offline for 3 days? :stare:

He said he was having FB problems again . . .

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

rabidsquid posted:

not enough goon aileens so when i have free spots i will prune a goon who hasn't logged in for over a month and will accept pubby aileens with over 800 attack. of course i always make room for goons too but my friend unit isnt whaley enough to fill my list with goon requests. although having played since soft launch its really hilarious to me that a 940 attack friend unit with dual wield and a built in imperil isn't whaley enough for something v:o:v

I've got a +800 Attack Aileen if you want to add me. ID is 763,290,124.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

Wow, I just got a couple of the Earth Veritas's last skills and he REALLY becomes a wall. I can't take elite Engels without a carry, but he can sit there and tank everything long enough for the rest of my party to actually provide support. I need to see if I've got a healer somewhere. It may be time to upgrade my team from rocket tag to actual strategy.

What's your team, again?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rabidsquid posted:

Don't know if I've friended you yet:

Always need more high atk Aileen friends. Some day she will get her enhancements and then we shall rule everything!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cobalt60 posted:

You certain? I tried maybe 20 times, closing and reopening, and sometimes changing the Nox settings but only got "normals" followed by "ones" every single time.

Does she have an excalibur equipped? I've never managed to get it to work on a 2B that was getting resisted without casting imperil first.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Wouldn't be surprising. I don't believe for a moment that thousands of people are spending lapis to the point that I can't even get in to the top 10k despite having missed maybe 5-10 orbs total since the raid started considering I'm usually in the 3-5k range.

Seems most likely. Previous days I'd dip down maybe to 9k over night and be right back up to 7k during the day. I'm down to 15k now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What's your team, again?

Earth Veritas, Soleil, Xon, Fryevia, and Bran. Not sure if Bran is any good or not, they're mainly there as a "who do I have who can use this neat greatsword I just got" and will probably be replaced with a similarly-chosen katana-user in 400k more raid points.

E: also playing around with a 100% dodge 2B friend I've noticed that in addition to Self-Destruct sometimes killing her instead of doing 99%, her Speed doesn't always turn into Extract Speed. Cancelled by counterattacks perhaps? If I use it before getting craned it transforms correctly.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 16, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It finally worked this morning. Facebook decides that I'm worthy and let me log back in!

FOUR loving DAYS I LOST!

I'm on day 13! Haven't even got my drat 10-1 ticket yet...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So kind of gumi to make the strongest magician weapon in the game a loving whip that the 5* unit they have on the banner cant loving equip.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So kind of gumi to make the strongest magician weapon in the game a loving whip that the 5* unit they have on the banner cant loving equip.

And it still isn't for the two people that CAN use it, because let's look at them:

Rydia: Let's face it. You're not using her for spells. You're probably not using her at all. Later you might use her for Bahamut Finishers, until Garnet gets 6*.

Dark Fina: Here's the only real person that can use it. But... unless you dual wield, you would lose out on the bonuses from Dark Bond and Rod Mastery, so....

Basically, c'mon Gumi, gimme Quistis. or 6* normal Rydia who's worth a drat.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

It finally worked this morning. Facebook decides that I'm worthy and let me log back in!

FOUR loving DAYS I LOST!

I'm on day 13! Haven't even got my drat 10-1 ticket yet...

Bummer, man.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Dark Fina: Here's the only real person that can use it. But... unless you dual wield, you would lose out on the bonuses from Dark Bond and Rod Mastery, so....

Basically, c'mon Gumi, gimme Quistis. or 6* normal Rydia who's worth a drat.

Also her TM doesn't stack IIRC so it's still probably not as good as tossing up a letters and arms 4x stack.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
While I'm excited that I have a chance to roll a 2nd Trance Terra I'm not down with them taking the Daily away from Nier.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They really should've put Marie back up on banner, she's gonna be MVP for this fight. Especially for those who don't have ribbons.

But :gumi:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

i'm glad i have four ribbons already and can easily farm another or discernment

finally some tm farming paid off

now ramza enhancements plz goomi

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Bruceski posted:

I'm wondering if it's not OS related? I usually play on my Nexus 7 2013, and that has Marshmallow on it. My phone, however, was released in 2014, but runs KitKat 4.4.4. The bug works on my phone, but not my tablet.

Can you downgrade the OS on Nox or Memu?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

Bummer, man.

Also her TM doesn't stack IIRC so it's still probably not as good as tossing up a letters and arms 4x stack.

D.Fina can't use swords, so no L&A for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

While I'm excited that I have a chance to roll a 2nd Trance Terra I'm not down with them taking the Daily away from Nier.

My daily banner is still Nier :confused:

• Locked thread