Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Office Pig posted:

So I guess infrastructure week really is forever.

No, no. He revealed some great plans. For example, he owns a house in Charlottesville and has advocated for a "both sides" approach to roadwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Prester Jane posted:

This is just the worst goddamned advice under the present circumstances. Martial Arts do not make you capable of loving defending yourself against an opponent who is legit trying to kill you. If you are genuinely concerned about yours safety get a gun, take some courses, and practice regularly.

Yeah, if we weren't facing a literal Nazi takeover of the country then the odds are that a given individual is more likely to shoot themselves than an aggressor.

Let me make this strait to the loving point. poo poo is not normal and the old rules no longer apply. If you are inexperienced with survival situations against pathological individuals then I strongly recommend you that do no inject harmful idiocy like the above post into serious discussions.

TLDR: If you don't understand pathological people then right now the best thing you can do is sit down and shut up.

it is an actual fact that firearms are more dangerous to their owner than to others. if you want to own a firearm go ahead but owning one for self defense is typically a really bad idea that will get you killed. you can disagree with me if you want but the data is pretty clear

pretty weird that ostensible leftists in favor of gun control would suddenly flip the script when they start having fantasies about shooting nazis in the street imo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spacebump posted:

Most of rural America Walmart shoppers are not in the kkk.

And most of the rural Walmart shoppers have literally no other choice since Walmart's entire business plan is to roll into isolated communities and drive all the other stores out of business.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone link to a transcript of Trump's most recent verbal garbage? I can't stand to watch the man talk.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Just remember how happy we were watching symbols of slavery being torn down... just remember and forget what happened after.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

actionjackson posted:

Did anyone really nazi this coming

I didn't think it'd go this badly. And we were so happy seeing confederate statues get torn down just a few dozen pages ago.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cingulate posted:

Can anyone link to a transcript of Trump's most recent verbal garbage? I can't stand to watch the man talk.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?432633-1/president-trump-says-blame-sides-violence-charlottesville

I think c-span has transcripts

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

Did anyone really nazi this coming

I thought they would have the intelligence to just lock Trump in a room away from Reporters and let him pout it out until he was hungry. But no, go ahead and let him yell about how much he wants people to stop treating David Duke wrong or be mean about him for liking nazis.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/897572687383588864

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Burning_Monk posted:

Just remember how happy we were watching symbols of slavery being torn down... just remember and forget what happened after.

Just means more work to do. Where can I apply to be a poo poo-scraper?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It didn't use to be like this

Every loving day now

6 and a half priebuses (or about 160 scaramuchiis) to go

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
RE: Gunchat, how easy is it in America to obtain 'less-lethal' firearms like rubber bullets, tazers etc? I'm not saying they're safe, mind you, but they should at least be safer than keeping the NRA's wet dream inside your house.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Zat posted:

This reads almost like Otto Warmbier's "confession" statement North Korea had him make. Complete with the "I don't deserve your mercy" stuff

It's almost certainly fake. The "meh" at the end especially reads to me like the big reveal, assuming the reader hasn't realized it's a joke before they reach that point.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:shepicide:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

boner confessor posted:

it is an actual fact that firearms are more dangerous to their owner than to others. if you want to own a firearm go ahead but owning one for self defense is typically a really bad idea that will get you killed. you can disagree with me if you want but the data is pretty clear

pretty weird that ostensible leftists in favor of gun control would suddenly flip the script when they start having fantasies about shooting nazis in the street imo

Just do a sick jump kick instead like Bruce Lee

CommissarMega posted:

RE: Gunchat, how easy is it in America to obtain 'less-lethal' firearms like rubber bullets, tazers etc? I'm not saying they're safe, mind you, but they should at least be safer than keeping the NRA's wet dream inside your house.

I live in a state with loose laws (Michigan) and at least for tasers you still need to get licensed to even own one afaik, both stun gun and tasers.

Rubber bullets are a bad idea because if you are in a situation where you have to use them but it doesn't rate real bullets and they die then you still go to prison. Remember that they are called "less lethal" for a reason.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

just want to point out to the goons saying there was an implicit approval of removing the statue on the part of the police that really the police didn't see the benefit of breaking up the crowd and preventing this from happening

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CommissarMega posted:

You can buy them off amazon.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jury nullification?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao at anyone would believe in a progressive north carolina

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

This was expected though. They did break the law, and while I'm glad for it, I don't think this shouldn't be seen as a message of any kind.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Here's a story/interview with Corey Long, the 'flamethrower' guy in C-Ville, giving context to the image: http://www.theroot.com/interview-how-corey-long-fought-white-supremacy-with-f-1797831277

That's the first I've heard of it being mentioned that actual shots were fired.

And Deandre Harris: http://www.theroot.com/interview-20-year-old-deandre-harris-speaks-out-about-1797796038

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
So I haven't checked the news in like 4 hours, whats up.....

Oh for fucks sake

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So... are we living through Civil Rights Era II, or...?

Because poo poo is utterly crazy. A sitting President siding with neo-Nazis...

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

boner confessor posted:

American Goons are generally not anti-gun even though we're pretty far left and know that the NRA sucks.

Also, don't those studies showing that guns are more likely to get you killed often include suicide? Accidents can still happen, sure but I'm not counting suicide.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

No Safe Word posted:

This was expected though. They did break the law, and while I'm glad for it, I don't think this shouldn't be seen as a message of any kind.

you're glad they got arrested?

:gb2gbs:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

boner confessor posted:

just want to point out to the goons saying there was an implicit approval of removing the statue on the part of the police that really the police didn't see the benefit of breaking up the crowd and preventing this from happening

IIRC that was regarding the Durham Police Department. This appears to be the Sheriff's department that's doing the arresting.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lightning Knight posted:

Jury nullification?

As if any jury knows about that, and any lawyer that brings it up gets hit with jury tampering

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

enraged_camel posted:

So... are we living through Civil Rights Era II, or...?

Because poo poo is utterly crazy.

We absolutely are.

The 60s are back in a big way. Just with shittier music.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

stone cold posted:

He's glad they broke the law and destroyed the participation trophy.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

stone cold posted:

No, I'm glad they tore down the statue but also recognize that it's literally a crime.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rigel posted:

American Goons are generally not anti-gun even though we're pretty far left and know that the NRA sucks.

Also, don't those studies showing that guns are more likely to get you killed often include suicide? Accidents can still happen, sure but I'm not counting suicide.

think about how often people come into this thread talking about how they're so scared for the state of the world and how everything is going to poo poo and then consider if you want to encourage that goon to get a gun

yes suicides are included, that is kind of the point. way harder to shoot yourself in a sudden fit of self harm if you dont own a gun

gret posted:

IIRC that was regarding the Durham Police Department. This appears to be the Sheriff's department that's doing the arresting.

yeah because it wasn't the durham PD's jurisdiction. just because they stood back and let it happen didn't mean there would be no consequences

it's a good thing protesters destroyed the statue but getting arrested is part of the cycle of civil disobedience, it wouldn't be disobedient if what you were doing was legal

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hey y'all complaining about the ACLU not being good to donate to: bail these people out. Give money directly to their legal defense.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

stone cold posted:

He's glad they broke the law. Edit: At least I am, and I assumed that's what he meant.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/834191100495605760

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Remember guys, wear a mask when you tear down symbols of hate.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rigel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabzwxzM0sk

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Or, if you can catch a possum, whatever it says will be pretty close.

edit: "All it did was hiss, said 'jobs' and then ate a dead centipede"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Guys guys

What about Hillary's emails

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Uh how many Nazis have been arrested from Charlottesville?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sorry Kale we just had the President describe Nazis as nice people, we're a bit on edge and losing our nuance. Can we try it again tomorrow? Just let us have our freak out.

By all means it's be my greatest pleasure. Unlike the U.S president I have absolutely zero tolerance for hate groups. Something about that MLK quote about judging based on character and not skin color always resonated with me as a universal truth

• Locked thread