Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
A buddy weaved some monofilament fishing line and made some nice webbing. Time consuming but it's cheap and looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

White floral wire, wound up. Three are YouTube videos to show how, looks great.

Edit: Less blurry and more detailed. The threading adds to the McFarlane web style since it looks like a lot of strands.

You can put some glue around the end or shape it with some putty if you want to have a more comic accurate look, but I don't care enough to bother.

EDIT2: Video I got the idea from, then improved on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTAcpfIyYY

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 14, 2017

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Fuzz posted:

White floral wire, wound up. Three are YouTube videos to show how, looks great.

Edit: Less blurry and more detailed. The threading adds to the McFarlane web style since it looks like a lot of strands.

You can put some glue around the end or shape it with some putty if you want to have a more comic accurate look, but I don't care enough to bother.

EDIT2: Video I got the idea from, then improved on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTAcpfIyYY

Hey, that's my dumbshit post in the background!

Also, the floral wire trick is a fantastic idea, I'm gonna get some tonight and see how it do!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I did something similar with crafting wire, white thread wrapped around and spot-glued to hold it roughly in place. Has nice flexibility. I think I posted it in here at some point, I'll go back and try to find it.

Edit:

Vegastar posted:

I might try making my own. I did this using some crafting wire, white thread and superglue:

Kinda wonder if the same concept with some thicker thread in blue and orange would make a decent simulation of it.

Might give that a go this weekend now that it's on my mind. Guess I'll post results if it works halfway decently.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 14, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you lazy and just working with what you have on hand the clear white twist ties NECA holds their figures in with twists together into completely serviceable webs

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some good webs gentlemen.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

If you lazy and just working with what you have on hand the clear white twist ties NECA holds their figures in with twists together into completely serviceable webs

I did that with black ones as tendrils around Venom's arm.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
SDCC figures are up on Hasbro store!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dang, my local TRU removed the shelf placard for the Phoenix 2-pack last week. It lasted a week on the shelf and they never got any in stock (as far as I know, it was just excess GOTG packs sitting above the placard).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Primitive Optimus sold out already, dang. I saw it at the weekend for stupid money, and it did look really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Primitive Optimus sold out already, dang. I saw it at the weekend for stupid money, and it did look really good.

People tend to use bots to score the popular stuff fast. I was in for the Revolution set but they exempted it from coupons and free shipping. I sort of expect it will be around for a long time though, much like the Dinobot set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

In toy culture, we refer to this as a dick move.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
What the hell is that karate man torso?

And that's beyond a dick move holy poo poo. I thought some dumbass cutting out just the weapons from a power rangers MMPR/Movie 2-pack and leaving them on the shelf was awful.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hate hardcore nerds.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What the hell is that karate man torso?

And that's beyond a dick move holy poo poo. I thought some dumbass cutting out just the weapons from a power rangers MMPR/Movie 2-pack and leaving them on the shelf was awful.

It looks like a Superpatriot figure that they tore apart, then dressed up in a karate outfit for some weird reason. Still a hugely dick move, but also... strangely over-complicated.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The best part is that they were paying retail, it wasn't even like they paid extra. Apparently retail was too much. :rolleyes:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of retail, is the TRU A-Force box set out at retail yet?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Finally a month after I ordered it

A-Force should be here Monday, which is strange since it shipped first. Oh well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wow, ProCreate is sticky as gently caress and nigh impossible to work with. How the gently caress do people sculpt with this poo poo? I made a 50/50 mix.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got some new poo poo from Japan:

The sculpt and paint on this figure is amazing, but the articulation is not as good as my other Sentinel Iron Man figure. It was stupidly expensive at retail, but I got it used from Amiami at a great price, so I can't really complain.

I had seen some of the other One:12 figures before and wasn't really impressed by the Mego-esque look of some of them, but this one is on a whole other level. The face sculpts in particular are extremely well done for something in this scale.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The One:12 stuff really depends on the specific figure, yeah.

The Flash stuff looks ridiculous like they're in pajamas, but Daredevil despite being a similar flat bodysuit has different, nicer texture.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I went down the rabbit hole of "what good ML-ish Hulk figures exist" and wow it's still the face-off version from a jillion years ago and not much else. The new BAF is probably second but I'm not much of a MCU guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The AoU fig isn't bad. But it's MCU so maybe not what you want.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Two-pack Hulk.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Finally found a ML Ragnarok figure in the wild, at a Thinkgeek store of all places, which I didn't even know existed. Hela's a really slick figure with a great likeness of Cate Blanchett. That crowned head is really impressive and I'm amazed it wasn't bent to hell in the package.

Only four more to track down for the BAF pieces! :shepface:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ThinkGeek is surprising good at finding Marvel Legends, usually with all characters available. Got all the Netflix wave characters there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rirse posted:

ThinkGeek is surprising good at finding Marvel Legends, usually with all characters available. Got all the Netflix wave characters there.

Yeah, I was not expecting to find anything in there. They had the whole Netflix wave minus Jessica Jones and most of the Mantis wave. They also had the Black Series Lando and Royal Guard which I haven't seen anywhere. I just wish they had more Ragnarok stuff. I nearly bought the Netflix Daredevil and Punisher, but picked up Lando instead.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Two-pack as in the Face-off fig I mentioned? Or did I miss one?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hasbro's Hulk/Valkyrie two-pack.

Fists bay-bee!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
The Jessica Jones figure’s fists seem tiny.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/897854237597716481

:flashfap:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gotta find more use for a Dutch remold I guess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. What am I saying, they bored through the bottom of the barrel and are well on their way to the center of the earth, and have been for years.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fuzz posted:

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. What am I saying, they bored through the bottom of the barrel and are well on their way to the center of the earth, and have been for years.

The actual bottom of the barrel is right below my updated bull alien, thanks.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

And I'm loving every minute of it. I want action figures of obscure Aliens and Predators from the comics, videogames, whatever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ive literally been begging for AvP arcade robo-arm Dutch since I got into buying NECA so if that's what that is Im 100% on board.

I don't dig on most of the weird obscure Preds they do but whatever keeps the lights on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There seems to be a fair amount of turtle fans, so I thought I'd let you guys know this is coming out soon. Best price I've seen is around 210$.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

That is some poo poo articulation for $210.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

To be fair, Krang's body isn't exactly agile. It basically only had 8 points of articulation.