Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cash Monet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2hMVDD8fs

This is Sorkin stroking himself.

I'll see it.

Dialogue sounds inane, but the cast looks great, especially Chastain. Reminds me of her character in A Most Violent Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The trailer is awful, I have no idea what the film is about other than it somehow deals with gambling

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

PriorMarcus posted:

All I know about Jennifer Lawrence is when she was on Graham Norton she was really charming but also used our little disabled lift for a "comedy" bit behind the scenes whilst everyone looked on a bit embarrassed. Basically - she's young. Oh and her and Chris Pratt loving hated each other.

She's not even in the top 10 horrible people I've met on that show.

this makes all those dumb rumors about the two of them having an affair that drove Pratt and Anna Farris apart even funnier. because god forbid a marriage just end because the two people are no longer compatible as a couple, no, it must be that someone is loving around.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DC Murderverse posted:

this makes all those dumb rumors about the two of them having an affair that drove Pratt and Anna Farris apart even funnier. because god forbid a marriage just end because the two people are no longer compatible as a couple, no, it must be that someone is loving around.

Chris Pratt is a nice dude but he's personal hobbies and opinions are very right wing. He's well into hunting etc and him and Lawrence just have nothing in common.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Chris Pratt is a nice dude but he's personal hobbies and opinions are very right wing. He's well into hunting etc and him and Lawrence just have nothing in common.
He's religious and likes guns. That's hardly "very right wing."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vegetable posted:

He's religious and likes guns. That's hardly "very right wing."

Listen, anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as me is *obviously* right wing.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Stupid right wing idiots and their Mustard on their Corn Dogs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think it has more to do with Pratt saying that "blue collar Americans" are not being represented in Hollywood, although he later apologised and admitted it was a stupid thing to say.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Cash Monet posted:

I'll see it.

I love the comment about the salem witch trials as though that's some big mic drop revelation and not standard eighth grade history.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Jewmanji posted:

I love the comment about the salem witch trials as though that's some big mic drop revelation and not standard eighth grade history.

https://youtu.be/XvAsR4O4W0w#t=57s

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cash Monet posted:

I'll see it.

God drat I hate Sorkin.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

God drat I hate Sorkin.

The Newsroom is legit one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen.

All those navel gazing monologues...:allears:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

God drat I hate Sorkin.

I like diluted Sorkin (Moneyball) or Sorkin filtered through a strong directorial voice (The Social Network, Steve Jobs), but yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Newsroom made me want to pledge alliegance to al-Baghdadi. I really like Jessica Chastain and all this stupid poo poo sounds like she's vomiting up sour milk.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

She actually did a good job delivering faux-Sorkin dialogue in Miss Sloane, even though it wasn't that good overall.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This sorta reminds me of Joy, that wretched Jennifer Lawrence movie from a couple years back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 16, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeesh, yeah.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LesterGroans posted:

I like diluted Sorkin (Moneyball) or Sorkin filtered through a strong directorial voice (The Social Network, Steve Jobs), but yeah.

This is exactly me.

Everything else, especially the Newsroom (which is a show that aligns with my views and I wanted to love) is so loving masturbatory I couldn't handle it.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

This sorta reminds me of Joy, that wretched Jennifer Lawrence movie from a couple years back.

The second best stock character is the woman who folds her arms aggressively and says things like, "Because I'm a woman, I had to be twice as ruthless as everyone else to be taken seriously"

The best stock character is the woman of color who folds her arms aggressively and says things like, "Because I'm a woman of color, I had to be four times as ruthless as everyone else to be taken seriously"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God drat I hate Sorkin.

*in borer voice*

I like him. I like quips.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Please dilute Sorkin.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

The best stock character is the woman of color who folds her arms aggressively and says things like, "Because I'm a woman of color, I had to be four times as ruthless as everyone else to be taken seriously"

Sorkin is going to write Suicide Squad 2.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sorkin is going to write Suicide Squad 2.

There's a Suicide Squad member who's never, ever sick at sea?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I enjoyed Newsroom.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kiimo posted:

I enjoyed Newsroom.

There's only one Newsroom, and it was a Canadian tv show made by the guy who directed Airplane 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXh8T06U2s

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

PriorMarcus posted:

I was kinda under the assumption that she was a bit more towards the right (not like James Woods right but like Arnold Schwartzenegger right) as well.

Honestly, Chris Pratt is basically the Jennifer Lawrence of dudes in Hollywood so it makes sense that they'd either hit it off right away or kinda bristle against each other.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

LesterGroans posted:

She actually did a good job delivering faux-Sorkin dialogue in Miss Sloane, even though it wasn't that good overall.

Chastain is probably the only actor who could get me to watch a new Sorkin movie, god help me. And I agree, Miss Sloan was pretty mediocre but she elevated it to the point where I absolutely loved it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

She's not even in the top 10 horrible people I've met on that show.
Ooo! Ooo! Do your top 10!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFdGfwChtw

Oh my. I'm in. Granted, I loving loved The Lobster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

She's Kentucky Liberal which is still to the right.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jack's Flow posted:

Farrell has finally found his niche. I'm loving excited.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

Jack's Flow posted:

Did you see Dogtooth? You should see Dogtooth.

I'm so hyped for this movie.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Jack's Flow posted:

Go see this as soon as you can. I loved The Lobster and thought that this was even better.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish the first half of The Lobster was the whole movie. I hated the 2nd half. But the first bit is amazing!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I saw an advanced screening & it's like Sorkin's version of Limitless so ur much better off just watching Limitless.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I wish the first half of The Lobster was the whole movie. I hated the 2nd half. But the first bit is amazing!

Isn't that...sort of the point...?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hat Thoughts posted:

I saw an advanced screening & it's like Sorkin's version of Limitless so ur much better off just watching Limitless.

Watch the Limitless TV show instead because its about someone taking the drug from Limitless and not being an rear end in a top hat about it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Watch the Limitless TV show instead because its about someone taking the drug from Limitless and not being an rear end in a top hat about it.

Unless the second half of the show, which I haven't seen, features someone drinking human blood off the floor to get high, it's not better than the movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Isn't that...sort of the point...?

??

Once they escape the institution it turns into a whole new movie and I didn't like the relationship or dynamic they tried pushing. It went away from being a dark comedy IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

??

Once they escape the institution it turns into a whole new movie and I didn't like the relationship or dynamic they tried pushing. It went away from being a dark comedy IMO.

It's about ideological extremism.

• Locked thread