Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

davebo posted:

Just as well since the marvel servers have been down all night.

ps4 servers have been up for a few hours :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

NCAA Hopesman Winner 2008
Fallen Rib
Howdy friends. Haven't played in close to two years now. To be fair I tried installing this game 3 times in the past year and I would get an odd bug that I couldn't run it. Tried it again today and it went through. Lot of changes, don't even know what I'm doing but I can tell I had a lot of boosts running when I last played. Feels weird being a noob when I've dropped nearly a grand in this game and God knows how many hours.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mokhu I sent you a message.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/895447791165558784

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

played this game a few years ago and i think i was using storm and cable? should i reinstall this / how are my characters now?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star Wars crossover event coming?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"That is still our goal, but its more realistically looking like probably October at the earliest. As I've said before, we're running 2 shipping versions of the game now. The console version and the PC version. As many of you know, there are vast differences between the two. With the omega patch, we want to bring them together, however there is a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure that works smoothly. Our current plan is for a patch next week for Defenders related content(that is on TC right now) and then the next patch will be the Omega patch when it is ready. Expect some significant TC time for this. In between these 2 patches, we don't have any releases planned on PC so we can focus on the omega patch.

The content of the omega patch is coming along really well. Omega items are being built at a good clip, Omega difficulty is entering its first round of testing very soon. Omega items look a bit different than what we showed in the original dev blog (almost a year ago) as you would imagine. The team is hard at work on them right now and cant wait for you all to see them. This is the first new item system in over 2 years I haven't been involved in, so it has been interesting to see what the team is doing!

Apocalypse content is coming along spectacularly. This is also planned to release with the Omega patch. All of the different disciplines involved have really put together some really special stuff. It has been in departmental playtest territory for a few weeks now. You've seen the Magik costume, I cant wait for you to see the other 3. These 4 costumes will also be the first 4 costumes we launch with our new tech that adds powers from costumes. Each of the 4 costumes will get 1 power that is a player version of their main boss power from the playable content. This is a feature we're really excited about. Along with these 4, there will be VU's for Colossus AoA and Jean AoA shipping at the same time.

Spider-woman and Unworthy Thor(official name) development continues on, both are shaping up very well. We did our first design wide playtest with Spider-Woman last week and got some great feedback for the designer in charge of her. No ETA on release to share yet.

I know this is probably more brief than many would like, but I had a few moments this morning so I thought I'd give what info I can right now. We appreciate the support and patience, and look forward to you all getting your hands on all the new stuff coming!"

still lol every time they refer to costumes as content

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The new Magik costume is pretty interesting since it looks like an original design from Gaz so I guess they can do that now.

Really not a fan of costumes giving powers though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doing their own horsemen makes sense. Most of the horsemen over the years aren't in the game. They could mix teams and do like Wolverine, Psylocke, Hulk and Gambit but 3 of those were Death.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cams posted:

Each of the 4 costumes will get 1 power that is a player version of their main boss power from the playable content. This is a feature we're really excited about.

What? Is there even a Boss Magik in the game that I don't remember? Or am I reading this wrong?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They might be minibosses in the Apocalypse terminal?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh bosses that don't exist yet. I forgot about that they could potentially add more content to the game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kainser posted:

The new Magik costume is pretty interesting since it looks like an original design from Gaz so I guess they can do that now.

Really not a fan of costumes giving powers though.
that video game simulator future fight did it and is hugely successful so why not

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Because either the power is bad and therefore pointless or it's good and the costume is basically pay to win since they can't realistically be earned ingame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Win what? There's no competitive content.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Win what? There's no competitive content.

I'm a competitive marvel heroes PVP player. I am outraged

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Hmm I think the plan to make PC like console will be the final straw... not that I actually really play the game much.

(but it's still better than PoE)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

I'm a competitive marvel heroes PVP player. I am outraged

Get ready to be even more outraged, as they're removing PVP.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Get ready to be even more outraged, as they're removing PVP.

I don't think anybody at gaz knows their game has PvP

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

Hmm I think the plan to make PC like console will be the final straw... not that I actually really play the game much.

(but it's still better than PoE)
i hadn't seen this was the plan.

i really do find there just to be so many unnecessary layers of unnecessary bullshit in the pc version. i'm really hoping the things that get brought over to ps4 are holo sim, x defense, maybe the other patrols and the one shots. scrap pretty much everything else.

then the degree to which they got lazy with the omega system will pmuch decide the quality of the game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

"That is still our goal, but its more realistically looking like probably October at the earliest. As I've said before, we're running 2 shipping versions of the game now. The console version and the PC version.

Ghostlight posted:

The problem is that they are developing two totally separate games in parallel, which just happen to share art assets.
And people doubted me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm guessing magik is famine from that costume?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Ghostlight posted:

And people doubted me.

I never doubted.

Not.Even.Once.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
can someone invite me to the supergroup?

ign hobocrunch

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

hobocrunch posted:

can someone invite me to the supergroup?

ign hobocrunch

Didn't you get previously banned after a total meltdown?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Giedroyc posted:

Didn't you get previously banned after a total meltdown?

I don't recall but it's pretty rare to catch two of us online simultaneously so he can meltdown to Gaz's chat logs all he likes. Invite sent.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I just wanna play super heroes, thanks for the invite

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

davebo posted:

I don't recall but it's pretty rare to catch two of us online simultaneously so he can meltdown to Gaz's chat logs all he likes. Invite sent.

Did you check the SG list? 99% have been kicked haha

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Giedroyc posted:

Yeah but I assumed they were people who hadn't logged in for a long while, which was 99% anyway. I assumed that. Was it some rogue officer who just kicked almost all non-officers, or is it just that everyone who ever bothered playing this game after the first 3 years was invariably an officer anyway.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If I made officer anyone can do it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I'm guessing magik is famine from that costume?

weird, knowing the playerbase I would've guessed Thirst

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

I would consider logging in but :effort:

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

My friend Ign "Kalfor' would also like to be in the sg.
edit1 **hold off on the invite** apparently he's still in an sg.
edit2 okay he's out.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 17, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm trying this game out for the first time tonight, got a quick q so i dont accidentally waste my time. If i say get angela up to level 9 and then i try ghost rider and end up liking him and keep going, if i unlock angela later will she still be at level 9? In other words, is it actually worth the time checking out characters past the prologue, or will i have to re-level them up all over again anyways?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

site posted:

I'm trying this game out for the first time tonight, got a quick q so i dont accidentally waste my time. If i say get angela up to level 9 and then i try ghost rider and end up liking him and keep going, if i unlock angela later will she still be at level 9?

yes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Awesome. Thanks!

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

site posted:

I'm trying this game out for the first time tonight, got a quick q so i dont accidentally waste my time. If i say get angela up to level 9 and then i try ghost rider and end up liking him and keep going, if i unlock angela later will she still be at level 9? In other words, is it actually worth the time checking out characters past the prologue, or will i have to re-level them up all over again anyways?

Can't stress enough that level 10 doesn't really show off much, and also you should just pick the hero that's your favorite because it becomes increasingly harder to get a specific hero later on, but still easy to get "any" hero.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 17, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

hobocrunch posted:

it becomes increasingly harder to get a specific hero later on

How so?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

hobocrunch posted:

My friend Ign "Kalfor' would also like to be in the sg.
edit1 **hold off on the invite** apparently he's still in an sg.
edit2 okay he's out.

okay, sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Anyone not in ICR's fantasy football league want to join the crappy friends and family league I tried to put together so they can learn how fun it is? I could only get 5 in it and could use 3+ more.