Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/codykeenan/status/897571140637532165

Obama speechwriter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Adequate posted:

I want mom and dad to stop fighting :smith:

Sorry kid, there's bad stuff on all sides there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

If Trump is removed from office via 25th amendment, does the Russia investigation stop?

no because removal under the 25th is not permanent, also its now a criminal investigation

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/897562125270487040

How the gently caress does it always come back to loving Russia?!?!?!?!

Because Russia is a global sponsor of far-right movements, including the alt-right.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

seiferguy posted:

If Trump is removed from office via 25th amendment, does the Russia investigation stop?

Not unless specific action to stop it is taken.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

The alt right is armed to the teeth and has no qualms about using violence against the rest of us. Why the hell would you advocate for people to be defenseless?

Yes obviously the majority of us aren't going to get randomly attacked by Nazis while walking down the street. But this alt right movement is going to grow. Hell, they have all 3 branches of the government right now. They can get away with literal murder at this point and they know it.

I will not unarmed and defenseless. I hope pansy rear end liberals pull their heads out of their asses and get armed before it's too late.

You aren't unarmed and defenseless, your best defence is community and reacquiring the government by the means it was lost in the first place. Fascists have not seized the government in armed rebellion and you are most certainly not going to take it back by that.

The best place for your efforts to go is in organizing against what you detest. Organize politically against the government, organize communally against would be fascists among you. Arming yourself and walking around looking for someone to shoot is not going to do any good if you genuinely believe that the government is nazis at the moment. The government has far more firepower than you do. It's also not going to do you any good against terror attacks. You can't shoot a car driving through a crowd of people.

Kale
May 14, 2010

quote:

Trump needs to get over this episode as soon as possible so he can move on to talking about his agenda, former RNC press secretary Alex Conant said.

Hahahaha as if. I think the concept of that is shot for now. How do they go back to talking about agenda with this clown as President.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

the black husserl posted:

Because Russia is a global sponsor of far-right movements, including the alt-right.

Must be why they love Maduro so much

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kale posted:

Hahahaha as if. I think the concept of that is shot for now. How do they go back to talking about agenda with this clown as President.

boy, that pivot is comin just you wait.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

evilweasel posted:

no because removal under the 25th is not permanent, also its now a criminal investigation

Also there's a non-zero possibility that the Russia investigation will incriminate Pence as well.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

This is the raddest thing I've ever seen in my life is this from a movie?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

I hear that John Kelly fella is gonna install some real order and discipline in the White House!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the thing is that after the saturday statement he was able to give the monday one and satisfy republicans

what the gently caress can they even demand he do now

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

evilweasel posted:

the thing is that after the saturday statement he was able to give the monday one and satisfy republicans

not drag them down with him?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

vaginite posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092549/

You are in for a treat...

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
While it's great that everyone can now empathize with how right wing gun nuts felt during the Obama administration, the sudden clamoring for guns still feels very premature.

Trump's support is collapsing faster than the Durham confederate monument and the general public is now aware of and pissed off at the vastly outnumbered white supremacist garbage that has crawled into the spotlight.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

but like he was literally supposed to talk about entirely different things yet nope Trump's gotta just do whatever and feel in charge in the moment. Literally what do you loving do here besides get rid of his rear end from within the party. Like Congress is supposed to be working on the debt ceiling and tax reform once it gets back but who knows where the gently caress Trump is going to drag things on a whim based on whatever beef he has on a given day.

I think of all people Ben Sasse put it best that the job of congress in making policy shouldn't be based around whatever beef Donald Trump feels like having at a given moment.

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 16, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Please do not buy a gun. You are more likely to hurt yourself or a bystander than someone who wishes to do you harm.

If you really want to protect yourself, buy a katana instead. My hanzo steel blade, #Resistance, has kept me safe and sound for 3 years now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

democrats should introduce censure resolutions: they dont do anything and so republicans will have a hard time opposing them but they will piss trump off something fierce

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Please check out this video of Krauthammer dropping the mic on Laura Ingraham and Trump. It's very entertaining.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

vaginite posted:

Yes it's called Miami Connection

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

stone cold posted:

crip eating bread why don't you just buy a nerf gun to gently caress

i have a poo poo ton of real ones why bother?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

democrats should introduce censure resolutions: they dont do anything and so republicans will have a hard time opposing them but they will piss trump off something fierce

Can they introduce censure resolutions without consent of Republican leadership?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ponzicar posted:

While it's great that everyone can now empathize with how right wing gun nuts felt during the Obama administration, the sudden clamoring for guns still feels very premature.

Trump's support is collapsing faster than the Durham confederate monument and the general public is now aware of and pissed off at the vastly outnumbered white supremacist garbage that has crawled into the spotlight.

I think it's premature to think this will be Trumps downfall. We're still in the hosed-up "Honeymoon" period of this controversy. There's still time for the public and all officials to just magically stop caring.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

Prester even in your rather unique position you're unlikely to be attacked randomly by a nazi. And I don't think it's healthy to be thinking that way. Society has not broken down, it can endure far worse before it does. Your safest protection is the statistical improbability of being attacked and your next safest protection is community. If you're worried about your safety then friends will help you far more than firearms.

I really don't want to be unpleasant but you're posting like someone unwell at the moment and I really don't want you to end up getting lost in panic.
You know it is possible to disagree with me without implying that I only hold my opinion because of my mental illness. (You do some variation of this more often than not when disagreeing with me) Disagree with me all you want but could you pretty please knock it off? That poo poo is annoying af.

Further, I have said little about my own particular situation (which even though Trans I live in Portland so my persons risks are much lower than the vast majority of other transwomen in the country at present) but that does not mean I am safe from being attacked at random. The 7-11 at my street corner has a big memorial to a black person that was killed by white supremacists at that spot around a year ago. There is a real chance that I could be attacked.

I mean even living in Portland I get loving plenty of transphobia tossed my way, mostly from people in cars. (I've also had one car that swerved like it was going to hit me while the driver laid into the horn.) I've got a legit non-zero chance of being attacked by a Nazi. That is my reality and I must adjust to it if I intend to survive. Same as every other minority.

Right now is one of those few times where the risks associated with having a weapon/firearm might be genuinely outweighed by the potential benefits.

Martial arts is literally the worst option available right now if you are serious about coming out on top of an attack by a Nazi for reasons that have been well covered by other posters in the tread.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

lol i mastered karate in 5 weeks, its not that hard

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

Can they introduce censure resolutions without consent of Republican leadership?

republicans can try to bury them but that will be a story in itself that wont help ryan one bit

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

doublepost

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Throw Bannon et al. under the bus. And then pray that Trump unfucks himself, so they can pretend that the white supremacist advisors were the problem all along, and not Trump and indeed the entire Republican Party themselves.

It is a vain hope that will not pan out, but they're running out of options.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i'm ripping on your need for guns hth

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I am legit afraid that people are going to die at the rallies already scheduled for this weekend.

I won't be surprised if it doesn't take that long for more people to die.

...Putting Blues Brothers in the DVD player. I need to watch Nazis get beat up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/897600708253552640

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

"A martial arts rock band goes up against a band of motorcycle ninjas who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade."

K I'm out see you guys in a few hours.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Chaffing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
poo poo is bad. But I think some people are losing perspective thinking that the level of violence that we are seeing (and will continue to see escalate) is unprecedented in the history of the nation. The US has been in some very dark places before. You can argue that we never left those places and the darkness was just in hiding for a while. We shouldn't look overseas to see how bad things can maybe get. We just have to look back several decades.

That being said, I support people with their desire to arm themselves just like I would totally have understood why a black person in the 1950s South should arm themselves.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

OwlFancier posted:

The best place for your efforts to go is in organizing against what you detest. Organize politically against the government, organize communally against would be fascists among you. Arming yourself and walking around looking for someone to shoot is not going to do any good if you genuinely believe that the government is nazis at the moment. The government has far more firepower than you do. It's also not going to do you any good against terror attacks. You can't shoot a car driving through a crowd of people.

Organizing against fascists is the best way to be directly harmed by fascists, and thus most likely to need a firearm.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Cythereal posted:

I am legit afraid that people are going to die at the rallies already scheduled for this weekend.

I won't be surprised if it doesn't take that long for more people to die.

...Putting Blues Brothers in the DVD player. I need to watch Nazis get beat up.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there such thigns as left-wing militias in the States? Surely there must be some veterans, left-wing gun nuts etc. who CAN be trusted with lethal weaponry?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

not arming yourself is irresponsible because you are putting the responsible of your defense on me, a trained gunslinger and martial artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I point it out because I genuinely don't want you suffering because of anxiety and panic because I have enough trouble with that myself and with my family. It's not a good outlook whoever has it but because I know you have poo poo to struggle with I'm not going to make fun of you for it. If you don't care then fine I'll stop. I just see that thinking everyday with people I care about and I don't like what it does to them.

• Locked thread