Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

the gently caress is with this dejong guy?

he good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Losing 3-8 to a guy who isn't paying attention to his team and has 4 guys on the DL I hate fantasy baseball

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Abel Wingnut posted:

the gently caress is with this dejong guy?

Cardinals voodoo magic

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

coronaball posted:

God help me, I want to drop Miguel Cabrera.

I'd rather they just Dl'd him for a month and he came back rested and healed for the back end of the fantasy playoffs.

Me too, buddy. He's riding the bench, but even that feels generous for how he's been doing.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Tigers are insanely stupid and keep playing a clearly-injured Miguel Cabrera despite being eliminated from the playoffs.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

skaggs is starting today, not tomorrow as reported by espn

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
It's me. I'm the guy that drafted Tom Murphy and held onto him for 4 months so he could bat .050 with 1 run.

My god what a hilariously hideous year I had.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It's me. I'm the guy that drafted Tom Murphy and held onto him for 4 months so he could bat .050 with 1 run.

My god what a hilariously hideous year I had.

Is your team name "Murphy's Law"?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm pretty glad I drafted Stanton this year.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm thankful I got Gallo back in all three leagues that I dropped him in. He's making me a believer.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm loving livid about gallo. at the time of drop, texas beat writers were all saying he'd be demoted in the next day or two. and it made complete sense.

ugh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I accidentally tooked Spangenberg over Gallo in a FA add and it was my sixth add of the week :(

On the plus side Rizzo is finally 2b eligible!!

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Danny Salazar

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Monday_ posted:

Danny Salazar

:hfive:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
My pitching staff has been absolutely carrying my team this year. In our 12 player league I managed to get 5 of the top 10 pitchers by most stats (Sale, Kluber, Greinke, Stroman, Nola) with some good relievers too (Knebel, Hand, Robertson, Betances). It sure does sting when I don't get the most wins or saves in a week though.

I flipped a coin on Bird vs Judge when drafting and holy gently caress did I miss big time on that one. First time doing fantasy baseball and I think most of my non-baseball friends have given up or lost interest. One guy has like 8 players on the disabled list.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i swear to god, betts, bogaerts, broxton, schwarber, and carpenter all better go on a tear

today's giving me hope

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thames, Bellinger, and now Gallo. Ive been insanely lucky with waiver 1st basemen this year

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I missed out on the Bellinger train, but I got Gallo.

I went ahead and picked up Andrew Heaney who is going to be starting on Friday. I don't know if that was the right move but I dropped Desmond to do it. I've got enough 1B/OF depth (Brantley should return before Desmond) to make it work.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
KBrox with 2 more HR tonight. He will likely hit 20/20 this year.

If he can avoid the 0 for 50 streak next year, he could be really valuable.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I held him in a really deep league after he got sent down, but if he plays well to end the season it will just make my life harder in the spring figuring out what to do with him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I completed the rare trade last night (with SSS) where I think both parties came out with what they wanted instead of feeling like they settled.

Also I made his keeper problem way easier and mine way harder.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's the silver lining to my awful season.

In the last couple days I've traded Nelson Cruz for a 1st and 2nd round pick (11th and 12th really, since we keep 10), and now Lester for a 2nd and a waiver swap.

I still have 12-13 potential keepers, but now I have 3 extra picks and I moved up 6 spots in waivers. I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

Thames, Bellinger, and now Gallo. Ive been insanely lucky with waiver 1st basemen this year

Ditto except I got Thames/Bellinger/Shaw/Smoak/LoMo/Marwin.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
My undying loyalty to Ian Happ has paid off!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

I completed the rare trade last night (with SSS) where I think both parties came out with what they wanted instead of feeling like they settled.

Also I made his keeper problem way easier and mine way harder.

Your wanted a 37.00 ERA?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

Your wanted a 37.00 ERA?

he's clearly just getting it out of his system before joining my team

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
March: "I will just stream catchers!"

August: *Ends up with something named "Tucker Barnhart" as an everyday starter*

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rumors of Manny Machado's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Greg Bird hit 2 HRs yesterday in AAA.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bird coming up and smashing would be really, really good

also, acuna coming up when lineups expand and going bonkers would be insanely good

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fantasy Baseball Hero Scooter Gennett delivers again.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Most points scored and most points against. Likely out the playoffs. Fantasy baseball was such a nut kick for me this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
fuckin drafting cargo over stanton I should be barred from playing this game for all eternity

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

i'm loving livid about gallo. at the time of drop, texas beat writers were all saying he'd be demoted in the next day or two. and it made complete sense.

ugh

I haven't being paying attention but Gallo has always had the best or near best ops on the team . Why was he being demoted

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

16-3 now, wrapped up a bye in the playoffs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking at it now gallo is their second best hitter behind beltre which has been consistent all year

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

euphronius posted:

I haven't being paying attention but Gallo has always had the best or near best ops on the team . Why was he being demoted

Gallo had a brutal stretch in... July I think? Just 0fer after 0fer with a ton of strikeouts and his BA was down to ~.190. I never heard that rumor but it's not that hard to believe.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, he was brutal for like 5 weeks or so. was being benched mire than played, and was just not performing. two writers said he's be demoted in a couple of days. i dropped him at that point, those guys have always been correct as far as i know. and like in one of those days he came to.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gallo OPS splits by month:
april .880
may .814
june .749
july .851
august 1.251

They were clearly down on him since they had him platooned and batting 9th for a while but his lows were never all that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And now he's dead

• Locked thread