Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Arist posted:

not when the people buying guns aren't white

yeah let's not forget why the NRA full heartedly endorsed mulford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mcmagic posted:

The CEO of the company I work for sent a pretty pathetic email about how they want to remain "part of the conversation and have a place at the table" as an excuse for not leaving Trump's CEO panel. Apparently there was so much negative feedback that he sent out ANOTHER email 5 or 6 hours later with the same bullshit but acknowledging the outrage hehe. I don[t know what these guys think they are gaining getting in bed with Trump and his band of Nazis....

do you work for whirlpool

can you get me a deal on a new hottub

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

actionjackson posted:

Oh poo poo my undershirt is also sticking out of my polo

Am I a nazi :smith:

probably not, but wear a fuckin v-neck you tool

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

these guys really show their hand when they tie the founding fathers to the confederacy.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

actionjackson posted:

All Nazis make terrible fashion decisions, but not all people who make terrible fashion decisions are Nazis.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Which Jefferson?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

actionjackson posted:

You're the worst kind of monster.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Who knew that all the NRA had to do to drive up gun sales was trot out the KKK instead of making more weird fascist videos. They've just opened up an entire new market of scared liberals!!

Listen to the guy that said buy a baton and hit a rubber tire every day until your arm doesn't hurt when you do it anymore. You can carry it concealed and it IS a deadly force weapon that is unlikely to hurt someone you aren't intending to hurt (including yourself) and getting very good at hitting something with a stick is a lot easier than learning to shoot accurately. You don't need to be a martial artist to hit someone who's trying to hurt you with a stick.

We've also seen that mace is super effective against nazis and again, unlikely to seriously hurt someone you don't intend to.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

All Nazis make terrible fashion decisions, but not all people who make terrible fashion decisions are Nazis.

Slippery slope

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lightning Knight posted:

The SS was many many things but unfashionable was not one of them.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jon Stewart was right, your country needs real journalists again instead of the talking head pundits squaring off against each other 24/7. Alternatively John McCain also has a point about how the country should just be saying to hell with these people right about now.

Ague Proof posted:

Which Jefferson?

I assumed Thomas Jefferson but now realize he could have just as easily meant Davis.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

tax cuts and deregulation

isn't lockheed on that council

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

in conclusion, gently caress the nra

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/897610783223361536

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

tax cuts and deregulation

Him publically supporting Trump by sitting on this board will have ZERO impact on that. It's just dumb.

Calibanibal posted:

do you work for whirlpool

can you get me a deal on a new hottub

No heh.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ularg posted:

I think it's premature to think this will be Trumps downfall. We're still in the hosed-up "Honeymoon" period of this controversy. There's still time for the public and all officials to just magically stop caring.

It's very unlikely that this incident alone will be his downfall, but it's still a significant addition to the ever growing pile of fuckups that he's been accumulating. Republican politicians are continuing to distance themselves from him, and his approval ratings are in the toilet. A sudden downfall would be best, but a continual weakening of his administration is still a very good thing, and makes impeachment or electoral losses much more likely in the future.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/897610783223361536

Yeah I know that feeling when I had to pad out an essay at the last minute

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Lightning Knight posted:

Checks out, gently caress Thomas Jefferson.

Check out, Thomas Jefferson fucks.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

not to distract from the press conference, but the polls in alabama.

https://twitter.com/alanblinder/status/897608863876362246

what we know so far:

— though supreme court justice roy moore is expected to get the most votes, but not 50%. the big question is whether luther strange, mcconnell's pick, manages to make it to the run-off or gets overrun by mo brookes.
turnout is extremely low, so results could be all over the map
some rando with the name "robert kennedy jr." has a good chance of winning the democratic nomination due to his name, but no one has any idea who he is

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I honestly don't understand what they are trying to push here.

Slavery was bad but people had slaves. Congrats on passing your civics class.

E. Also those people didn't hold slaves based on race, they were generally anyone they defeated in war

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

What a loving tool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In conclusion, slavery is a land of contrasts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Burning_Monk posted:

He's not on Old Ben's level, but he's got some fucksmithery.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Burning_Monk posted:

If by that you mean "raped his slaves," then yep, checks out.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That whole segment was incredible. What's not pictured is his argument that taking down Confederate monuments de-legitimizes the United States government

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Lightning Knight posted:

He brings up a good point, about why all those dipshits stood around taking pictures of Nazis beating up Harris instead of defending him.

If a half-dozen racists face legal repercussions for assault, then taking a photograph wasn't a trivial act.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i just cant figure out why nazis also love tucker carelson!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bhaal posted:

Yeah I know that feeling when I had to pad out an essay at the last minute

It always kills me to see the fox news screencaps with their talking points in short phases with HUGE text. This is how they are so effective at messaging. Everyone expects the left to be detailed and nuanced, but we really just need to be all

UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE IS GOOD
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BLACK PEOPLE
COPS SHOULD FOLLOW THE LAW, TOO

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

If by that you mean "raped his slaves," then yep, checks out.

thomas jefferson is a no good loving gently caress and i hope this hastens the downfall of his image as a golden boy american hero

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/897612532386607104

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

glowing-fish posted:

If a half-dozen racists face legal repercussions for assault, then taking a photograph wasn't a trivial act.

it bothers me a poo poo ton nobody intervened.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Don't do this to me

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

glowing-fish posted:

It doesn't take about six dudes standing there with their dicks in the hand to take pictures or video, but god forbid they give up the Twitter views to actually stop the beating.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm mostly just shocked Donald Trump even knew that Washington and Jefferson owned slaves

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just wanting make sure, did Trump try to play off Heyer's mother as supporting him via Twitter and try to spin her death to his advantage?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I can't believe Vermin Supreme has been milkshake duck'd.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arist posted:

I'm mostly just shocked Donald Trump even knew that Washington and Jefferson owned slaves

surprised he didn't start with "not many people know"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Knew what he was, still kissed the ring. gently caress of, Mitt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Don't do this to me
MITT KNEW

• Locked thread