Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Calibanibal posted:

probably not, but wear a fuckin v-neck you tool

The purpose of wearing an undershirt under a polo is so people don't see your gross chest hair. A v-neck would defeat the purpose of that.

I guess pasty white manboys don't have to worry about that.

e: case in point

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

it bothers me a poo poo ton nobody intervened.

it's loving monstrous

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

I am suggesting that there is recent historical context for this sort of societal destructiveness and tension and arguing that I am crazy for pointing that out is not a compelling counterargument.

Do you disagree that white supremacism is not business as usual for the united states on a vast, industrial scale? Because unless that is incorrect I find it difficult to agree with the idea that a slightly more openly white supremacist president being elected represents a substantial, society destabilizing departure.
Yeah no poo poo things have been violent in the country in the past, I never claimed they weren't. I've never claimed the violence is unique, however having the POTUS encouraging the white supremacists to commit violence is distinctly unique in our history. So factor that into your argument please.

In attempting to argue that I am ignoring the context of the present situation you are completely ignoring the context that white supremacists currently control all 3 branches of the Federal Government. Your refusal to acknowledge that this situation is very different from what has happened in the past in America is strait up normalcy bias.

You don't want things to be as bad as they are so you insult (repeatedly) the mental health of someone saying otherwise and then pretend you only attack my mental state out of concern.

Ps: frankly gently caress off with pretending you only mention my mental health every time you disagree with me out of concern.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just wanting make sure, did Trump try to play off Heyer's mother as supporting him via Twitter and try to spin her death to his advantage?

Didn't even crack the top twenty "worst things Trump said in that press conference"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

It doesn't take about six dudes standing there with their dicks in the hand to take pictures or video, but god forbid they give up the Twitter views to actually stop the beating.
But if you "document" the assault you can say you did something without actually doing anything!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Neo_Crimson posted:

The purpose of wearing an undershirt under a polo is so people don't see your gross chest hair. A v-neck would defeat the purpose of that.

Chest hair rules.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Don't do this to me

Don't worry he's still guilty of being a capitalistic parasite.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Blitz7x posted:

Don't do this to me

romney might run for orrin hatch's seat in the senate

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Neo_Crimson posted:

why is your chest hair gross get that checked out

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I agree with Mitt Romney.

Goddamn why won't the Republicans loving impeach this prick? Pence would be ten times better for their agenda. I mean this is just loving crazy.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Neo_Crimson posted:

shave ur gross chest hair lmbo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Crazy Ted posted:

But if you "document" the assault you can say you did something without actually doing anything!

Or maybe don't jump into random fist fights because it takes one solid knock to the temple from a neonazi for you to die

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Chest hair rules.
Not in the summer it loving doesn't.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

"The president was entirely correct"

https://twitter.com/mollyesque/status/897612967545634817

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RZA Encryption posted:

It always kills me to see the fox news screencaps with their talking points in short phases with HUGE text. This is how they are so effective at messaging. Everyone expects the left to be detailed and nuanced, but we really just need to be all

UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE IS GOOD
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BLACK PEOPLE
COPS SHOULD FOLLOW THE LAW, TOO

Mods can we just rename this thread or, hell, D&D entirely to just all of those bold lines?

Also as for gun buying/NRA, I really want to see an NRA press conference where they try to deride the left from buying guns.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Burt Buckle posted:

I agree with Mitt Romney.

Goddamn why won't the Republicans loving impeach this prick? Pence would be ten times better for their agenda. I mean this is just loving crazy.

It's what those fuckin' libs want.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blitz7x posted:

Or maybe don't jump into random fist fights because it takes one solid knock to the temple from a neonazi for you to die

the second a whit eguy comes over those cowards scurry.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ponzicar posted:

It's very unlikely that this incident alone will be his downfall, but it's still a significant addition to the ever growing pile of fuckups that he's been accumulating. Republican politicians are continuing to distance themselves from him, and his approval ratings are in the toilet. A sudden downfall would be best, but a continual weakening of his administration is still a very good thing, and makes impeachment or electoral losses much more likely in the future.

At some point, though, it's going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Enough people will break with Trump that others feel they have the cover to break, which turns into a landslide where everyone breaks and suddenly everything collapses. No one in December of '88 was predicting the end of the Warsaw Pact by the end of that year; gay marriage support went from extremists and nobodies to a few liberals to Joe Biden to suddenly most of the Democratic caucus to "yeah, sure, obviously everyone believes that".

If Alabama rejects Strange the same day Trump has a pro-Nazi tantrum, maybe things escalate?

yeah, yeah, hope is a lie, nothing matters, etc. etc. etc.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/897577114161033218

I've already asked my heart and it gave me an answer, but where is this on the richter scale of "eh, it happens a bit for each administration"?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Knew what he was, still kissed the ring. gently caress of, Mitt.

Kissing the ring while eating donnie brand frog legs thinking he would get the Sec. of State job.

e: typos.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 16, 2017

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

J33uk posted:

I'd definitely buy into the friendly leader aspect of it rather than some grand plan to discredit the left. Putin and co are no poo poo right wing but they seem to value power and influence over explicit ideology. I'll be honest, it's a weird thing to see the left in the US suddenly becoming desperately concerned about Russia after viewing them as irrelevant or sympathetic for so long. I mean the reset button photo op took place 7 years ago and people who questioned it were called war hawks who couldn't get past the Cold War.

I should be clear that I don't believe in some kind of grand plan. Most of the scholarly work that's been done on Vladimir Putin paints him not as a calculating mastermind but as a peerless opportunist. His big thing is weakening for an opposition to Russian Regional power, and any tactic that works to do that is fair game.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Geez I didn't know about the people stuck in the church Friday night because of the Nazi mob outside. A woman is talking about it on MSNBC right now.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

We know. What are you going to do about it? If the answer is "nothing", you're as bad as Trump, and you're drat sure going to be remembered the same way.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Calibanibal posted:

shave ur gross chest hair lmbo

My chest hair means I'm manlier than you, smoothie.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

This is just so pathetic.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Mitt...

I only like 47% of you.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

the lovely grammar bothers me so much

"Both sides of the violence" acted inappropriately

Gee, I didn't know a "side of violence" could act at all. What the gently caress are you even saying here Tromp

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Bhaal posted:

I've already asked my heart and it gave me an answer, but where is this on the richter scale of "eh, it happens a bit for each administration"?

The head of the largest union federation in the US openly saying the president tolerates domestic terrorism was probably A Thing.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
With this latest greatest disaster sucking all the oxygen out of the room, what's going to happen with the budget and debt ceiling?

If the Republicans get desperate enough, can Dems tie debt ceiling increase to Trump ouster? And/or something with the Supreme Court?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mik posted:

This is just so pathetic.

Well maybe if she hadn't been wearing that short skirt she wouldn't have gotten raped.:smug:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i would rather have romney running the department of state than rex tillerson

saintonan posted:

We know. What are you going to do about it? If the answer is "nothing", you're as bad as Trump, and you're drat sure going to be remembered the same way.

what exactly do you want mitt romney to do when he doesn't hold elective office

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 16, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Cingulate posted:

Can anyone link to a transcript of Trump's most recent verbal garbage? I can't stand to watch the man talk.
I made an exception for this one, because I wanted to watch Mnuchin and Chao's faces. It was worth it. Just never look at Trump. She swallows a lot, when he says shocking things, and Mnuchin is visibly very uncomfortable by the end of the Q&A.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bhaal posted:

The more that leave the more pressure the rest have to follow fast. No one will want to be the last one holding the bag.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

any time a republican speaks out about this poo poo it's empty. their party created this over the past half century. they are all at fault. the party has been implicitly and explicitly white nationalist since the 60s.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

MAYANS (D) SACRIFICED SLAVES
SACRIFICE KEY TO AVERTING PERMANENT ECLIPSE?
JEFFERSON / KINICH AHAU CONNECTION?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Crazy Ted posted:

That one guy did kick one of the assailants and the victim's mom thanked him for it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Mitt...

I only like 47% of you.
So, from the waist up or from the waist down

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

QuoProQuid posted:

i would rather have romney running the department of state than rex tillerson

And I'd rather have the dump I took an hour ago as our President than Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Not fit to be a Republican Party President :colbert:

• Locked thread