Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I didn't test it personally, but the guy who posted the original red chamber build that got nerfed and has done a lot of work on pistols in the forums mentioned it in one of his guides and he's almost certainly done the work for us. He intentionally uses All In in his Full House abuse build before Unload so that he gets the bonus damage on all hits of All In AND the bonus to Unload as well.

Trick Shot is fantastic. I've been using it and Unload as the pistol skills in my shotgun build and between it and the occasional set of armor-piercing shells you can single-handedly keep a boss exposed all of the time and debilitated almost half of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You know on this topic, what are the best pistols anyway?

I've been using heavy caliber pistols since very early on because I liked gold desert eagles and that was the extent of my consideration.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sekenr posted:

I am using chaos but yes, I don't know how to use it. I just spam Distortion and Pandemonium when its off cooldown. The main upside of Chaos is that you don't have to pay attention to your GUI, it happens when it happens. There are engmas I guess but IDGAF. There are AOE attacks but they all feel so weak against everything that I only use the hate generating one on very rare occasions when I happen to be tanking in dungeons.

I'm on Winds of change for now.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

DancingShade posted:

You know on this topic, what are the best pistols anyway?

I've been using heavy caliber pistols since very early on because I liked gold desert eagles and that was the extent of my consideration.

I think the general consensus is Flame-Touched. I like Misery & Malice because hell-guns and they play into the roulette mechanic.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I tried the cost of magic for the first time.i assumed that everyone complained about I because it was hard to beat, but now I get it. There was a lot of rage to be had. Still, I wish high level sabotage missions still had some kind of mechanic that made it so you couldn't just turn it into an action missions if you didn't want the achievement.

Regarding chat tools, I was in the grumpy old man camp of just keeping vent or mumble, but the discord market share is growing so much that it's unavoidable.i thought it was a gimmick at first but it's actually kind of nice to have a persistent text chat for when you don't want to hear sperg voices or you're away from the computer, and it removes the need to buy or host a server.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kokoro Wish posted:

I think the general consensus is Flame-Touched. I like Misery & Malice because hell-guns and they play into the roulette mechanic.

Ah that explains why flame touched are nearly a million bucks a pop. Oh well, happy to stick to my blinged up Matrix Agent guns.

(especially as I've spent enough time upgrading them to reach mythic level 1 - no going back now)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I tried the cost of magic for the first time.i assumed that everyone complained about I because it was hard to beat, but now I get it. There was a lot of rage to be had. Still, I wish high level sabotage missions still had some kind of mechanic that made it so you couldn't just turn it into an action missions if you didn't want the achievement.

Regarding chat tools, I was in the grumpy old man camp of just keeping vent or mumble, but the discord market share is growing so much that it's unavoidable.i thought it was a gimmick at first but it's actually kind of nice to have a persistent text chat for when you don't want to hear sperg voices or you're away from the computer, and it removes the need to buy or host a server.

Wait until the Bank Heist hits on Wednesday. It's one of those were if you get seen the screen goes black and you're back in the starting room.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kessel posted:

I didn't test it personally, but the guy who posted the original red chamber build that got nerfed and has done a lot of work on pistols in the forums mentioned it in one of his guides

Can you link to any of this?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Can you link to any of this?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6jw5c7/specifics_on_pistols_with_some_analysis_on/

Also, re: best pistols, Flame-Wreathed is fantastic DPS, Anima is slightly less but pistols hit a lot so you'll trigger the heal a lot too (no more than one per second but that's still a shitload). Heavy Caliber is bad - some people have argued that it's actually a DPS loss because you're not gaining enough from the increased red to offset the loss of matches from blue and white.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Luckily, Weapon Skins are coming back pretty soon, so if you're attached to those sweet golden Deagles, you can skin the Flame-Wreathed pistols to look like those Heavy Caliber ones.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kokoro Wish posted:

Luckily, Weapon Skins are coming back pretty soon, so if you're attached to those sweet golden Deagles, you can skin the Flame-Wreathed pistols to look like those Heavy Caliber ones.

I like my Anima-Touched rifle, but is there a skin that will make it match with this new carapace outfit I got from the Whispering Tide event? :)

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The combat log is weird. Back in pistol land I'm trying to figure out how many times Unload will proc Flechette and I'm visually seeing ~3 procs including a gfx burst effect and floating numbers but in the log I only see one per Unload. Not sure what is up.

edit: OK I managed to isolate things a bit better. Unload does proc Flechette 3 times. It also hits the primary target when it goes off too. Unload + Flechette seems to be a nice combo.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 14, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Procs are basically limited by the engine to one per second. Unload is five hits over 2.5 seconds so it'll proc on one, three and five

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah, I am having fun with procs today. Single use of Unload with no other abilities touched:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Someone brought up the point that pistols are actually a better secondary weapon than primary in one of the Reddit discussions and I think I agree.

It's all skewed because of Fixed Game, the passive that grants you a match if you don't use a pistol skill for 4 seconds. In practice it's fantastic because you can just lean on your primary and then Unload whenever Fixed Game kicks in. The four-second timer means that your pistol skill use will keep pace with your energy generation.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

For just doing the story content does weapon combo matter that much? I played the original up until Egypt before getting burned out and am like 2 hours into this and kinda just doing whatever. Started with chaos/pistols but switched to sword/pistols when I got one out of a loot bag. Are fists any good? I don't have plans to really do endgame stuff, just the story content mostly, maybe the leveling party content too.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i picked assassin and i ended up completely ignoring the magic stuff in favor of equipping a full set of blade abilities

am i doing it wrong

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Here's something that's never gonna happen:

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/08/14/johnny-depp-s-infinitum-nihil-bringing-the-secret-world-to-tv/

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I discovered dance emotes today and found a lot of them say "buy in the item store". Is that from TSW and now lost to us or is it hiding somewhere?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It would honestly make great TV if you put it in the hands of someone more competent like Netflix but not with these clowns running the show

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kessel posted:

It would honestly make great TV if you put it in the hands of someone more competent like Netflix but not with these clowns running the show

The last movie Depps group did was Mortdecai and the other turns up nothing from Google. This will never happen.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bruceski posted:

I discovered dance emotes today and found a lot of them say "buy in the item store". Is that from TSW and now lost to us or is it hiding somewhere?

Not currently available

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

So Johnny Depp plays an Orochi agent?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

TracerM17 posted:

The iconic "Dead orochi agent with a laptop"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

And now the relaunch really makes sense.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

Wossname the boss man, I assume.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kessel posted:

I don't understand why you're not expecting great things from the writer of the second Tomb Raider movie and the producer of CSI: Cyber. :v:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://twitter.com/dongatory/status/432227971173068800

Note: Might be less than 22 hours, I don't know or care, nothing stops my lovely jokes!!

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
How's the bag situation now? I remember some complaints about inventory space a few months back, did they make it easier for non-paying players?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Merope posted:

How's the bag situation now? I remember some complaints about inventory space a few months back, did they make it easier for non-paying players?

Its never been a huge problem. It only gets dicey if you're trying to level gear for multiple roles.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Its never been a huge problem. It only gets dicey if you're trying to level gear for multiple roles.

Or are doing investigation missions, saving opening bags until you can AH stuff, gathering museum items, signet's, glyphs, weapon skins (though that should stop being an issue tomorrow), some action/sabotage missions have a decent amount, running missions in different zones since there's three or four talisman bags that don't stack since they're different, lair stuff, and just have other pieces in general. You can only get up to 45 slots without paying aurum. Think the bank is 24?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Buy patron once, start a cabal, get 84 bank slots.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Buy patron once, start a cabal, get 84 bank slots.

Not be able to use them when your patron runs out.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Len posted:

Not be able to use them when your patron runs out.

Really? That's hilarious.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Space Skeleton posted:

If I remember rightly, SWTOR has some odd limitations like that with fleets and who's a sub or not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Yeah it's a perk of patron getting to withdraw items

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hey Drinkfist, if you're still lurking, I may have figured out why that discord link wasn't working for you.

When you posted

Drinkfist posted:

That isn't me.
I banned the fake Drinkfist, assuming it was someone coming to besmirch your good name, stir up drama, or a j4g wanting in to our elite raiding guild. Banned discord users just get a "link broken" message because the devs are non-confrontational AF.

If that really was you, LMK and I'll unban that account.

Don't know why it wasn't working for Len though, unless Discord is reading his posts and wants to protect everyone else from having to...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hey Drinkfist, if you're still lurking, I may have figured out why that discord link wasn't working for you.

When you posted

I banned the fake Drinkfist, assuming it was someone coming to besmirch your good name, stir up drama, or a j4g wanting in to our elite raiding guild. Banned discord users just get a "link broken" message because the devs are non-confrontational AF.

If that really was you, LMK and I'll unban that account.

Don't know why it wasn't working for Len though, unless Discord is reading his posts and wants to protect everyone else from having to...

My issue was trying to sign in with an alt while still signed into the desktop program with a main. I was able to use the link as soon as I logged off the desktop. Not sure why that other guy I quoted was having issues though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Having to actually pick up the pouch within those 30 seconds is some serious BS.

Whew. Lowered my sprint level to III and was able to chain jumps for a fairly comfortable finish. This was every bit as infuriating as I remember.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Yeah it's a perk of patron getting to withdraw items
I didn't understand why they left cabal bank access as a patron only feature when they made trading available to non-patrons at level 15 but it all makes sense now. :v:

Edit:

Hypocrisy posted:

Having to actually pick up the pouch within those 30 seconds is some serious BS.
It really is. The relief when I got that achievement was palpable.