Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
News at 11

Pat remains wrong

Shock of shocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Superman sucks outside of weird alt universe versions of him like Red Son and All Might rules :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat is right All-Might is better than Superman.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
thanks for bringing back this thread's bad opinions about superheroes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I got bored of Hero Academia and do like Superman sometimes (World of Cardboard etc etc), but I like All Might more than those times.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hero Academia is one of the best shonen series in the last decade, easy. It's up there with One Piece for genuine quality, though we'll have to see how it fares over a protracted length of time, or if it'll have a good first few years and then fall off a cliff like bleach or naruto.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think MHA is just okay but I don't know how much of that is my complete antipathy towards the characters of Bakugo and Todoroki.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

We'll have to see how it fares over a protracted length of time, or if it'll have a good first few years and then fall off a cliff like bleach or naruto.

I thought it actually ended already, something did and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just like a season of the anime or anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Superman sucks outside of weird alt universe versions of him like Red Son and Black Superman. Also All Might rules :colbert:

But don't worry, I think most Superheroes who can fly are lame to watch anyhow. Still annoyed at Supergirl's combat.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If you hate Superman in all depictions but like All Might, you're an idiot who misses the point of both.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All-Star Superman was pretty alright, actually.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

All-Star Superman was pretty alright, actually.

He's basically just All Might but on a larger scale.

When I first heard about All Might my first thought was "All Star Superman."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08GTUF6wd0c

what the gently caress is this

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to play this game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

rad that they're playing a Billy Bat game right after I just read the Big 4 Urasawa series

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

I thought it actually ended already, something did and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just like a season of the anime or anything.

It was just a season of the anime. That or you're thinking about Assassination Classroom which was the other new-ish school-based Jump series that got some traction.

MHA is good shonen. It has a pretty decent spinoff and so far it has avoided a lot of the genre traps. Bakugou is fine too, he goes reverse Sasuke and that's solid.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the LP we get since woolie refuses to play arkham asylum

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Hell yes, a good LP is what it it's gonna be, that game is the perfect kind of stupid poo poo for a Matt/Woolie run through.

Also Captain Marvel/Shazam is just better Superman including design.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

Hell yes, a good LP is what it it's gonna be, that game is the perfect kind of stupid poo poo for a Matt/Woolie run through.

Also Captain Marvel/Shazam is just better Superman including design.

Plus Captain Marvel's thing of being a kid that turns into a Superman level being is also really interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb posted:

You're probably thinking of assassination classroom, which was also fantastic but did the rare thing of having a set storyline, deadline, and sticking to it. I would heartily recommend reading assassination classroom, for sure.

MHA is gearing up to go into another major arc.

Dias posted:

It was just a season of the anime. That or you're thinking about Assassination Classroom which was the other new-ish school-based Jump series that got some traction.

MHA is good shonen. It has a pretty decent spinoff and so far it has avoided a lot of the genre traps. Bakugou is fine too, he goes reverse Sasuke and that's solid.
yeah, that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

the LP we get since woolie refuses to play arkham asylum

Wait why does Woolie refuse to play that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait why does Woolie refuse to play that.

They need a glass break LP after they did DS1, I guess.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yardbomb posted:

Superman sucks outside of weird alt universe versions of him like Red Son and All Might rules :colbert:

Superman is the only good superhero character basically. Especially his Silver Age version who's a massive prick.

Captain Invictus posted:

best shonen series

That's like arguing about the best venereal disease.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Superman's only interesting as a benchmark to tell you that other people are strong. Like Lobo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Marc Ecko LP had a nice "Matt REALLY likes late 90s-early 00s bullshit" moment when they were scrolling thru the playlist. Matt is moderately excited for a couple of names there, Woolie goes "Nina Simone" when they scroll right past Sinnerman by himself and it's immediately followed by Matt popping off when he reads Fort Minor. Nothing wrong with that but I laughed because it's a very Matt thing to do. It's fine, I still listen to ska, I'm in no position to judge anyone.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Hope we aren't stuck with two terrible Telltale games at once for too much longer.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I forgot the minecraft thing was even happening, like TWD is at least funny for how sparingly good it can be in set pieces and then how hard it flies off the rails, but minecraft is just :effort: from both the game and them.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I forgot the minecraft thing was even happening, like TWD is at least funny for how sparingly good it can be in set pieces and then how hard it flies off the rails, but minecraft is just :effort: from both the game and them.

I prefer Minecraft to TWD. Minecraft: Story Mode is garbage start to finish, TWD was good at one point and that makes it harder to watch for me.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The Minecraft LP is a hungover Chewie and Fuckface podcast.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The Minecraft LP is a hungover Chewie and Fuckface podcast.

Chewie and Fuckface in the Morning is one of my favorite LPs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Minecraft is fine.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

drat I was looking forward to Matt talking about Colossal on the podcast this week, but I guess its been too long for him to remember much.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm waiting for the part in Minecraft where half the cast becomes Youtubers starring as themselves. A part of me hopes it'll shake Pat and Woolie out of their existential stupor long enough to react to it.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

It's me, I'm the guy Pat hates who doesn't like fish but still will eat literally anything else. Love squid, shrimp, mussels, whatever else you can dig up, but I just don't like fish.

I guess I'm the anti-Pat.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"I love everything [Adachi] represents." - Woolie Madden.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Squidtentacle posted:

It's me, I'm the guy Pat hates who doesn't like fish but still will eat literally anything else. Love squid, shrimp, mussels, whatever else you can dig up, but I just don't like fish.

What kind of fish have you tried? There's a kinda crazy variety. Tilapia, cod, salmon and tuna can all be incredible when prepared properly(no canned poo poo for starters), cod is the easiest with some simple bread crumb breading and lemon squeezed onto them, it's very tasty and pretty cheap. Try it sometime! If you have salmon make sure it's not farm raised, that stuff is bad and also has dyes that can make you sick. I'm literally allergic to the dyes they use in some farmed salmon and beef, which super sucks.

Stuff like swordfish and the like are a very different kettle of fish, literally. I can't stand swordfish, at the very least.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjG3BaPMCzs

This was really fun to watch. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Squidtentacle posted:

Do you eat sushi though? Salmon or tuna?
There, problem solved!
EDIT: Oh, I just got to that part, oops.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 17, 2017

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Rodyle posted:

"I love everything [Adachi] represents." - Woolie Madden.

Where did this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat runs through Sonic 1 while possibly having a long-lasting stroke or some other brain problem

Around late Labyrinth Zone he starts to break, and basically immediately into Scrap Brain Zone he has totally shattered as a person, eventually chuckling softly to himself as he runs right into death after death and having to savestate repeatedly to make progress. It's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7tgWrz-Z0&hd=1