Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i always thought carnys were nazish but boy was i wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
https://twitter.com/MrDane1982/status/897613782037483520

This is all Bernie's fault!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really like the part in Flow My Tears where the chick explains why love is good

WELL WHY IS IT GOOD

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

jesus christ

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I like this tormp picture genre

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Brogeoisie posted:

that's not the point, why should we put THESE statues in a museum? we're literally giving a voice to terrorist/racist organizations on how they want history depicted. we can still talk about them, but why do they get to choose their presentation? it's, frankly, bullshit. they should all be melted down and scattered.

Because it is history. Museums are for you to appreciate the entirety of human history and help you learn from the decisions of the billions of people who have lived before you. These statues allow proof that there were times of terrorism and racism so that racist and terrorist states aren't just tall tales you don't really believe.

Would you believe that dinosaurs existed if we didn't have their bones?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Reality Winner posted:

the first scene where yara and theon ride on horseback to meet dad is loving creepy though

Yeah you can tell what sex scenes GRRM wrote himself because they're usually some combo of incest, pedophilia, and rape

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Reality Winner posted:

No word in the Trump lexicon is as tread-worn as “unprecedented.” But members of the president’s staff, stunned and disheartened, said they never expected to hear such a voluble articulation of opinions that the president had long expressed in private.

Just pointing out here this passage literally means "staff is stunned and disheartened that president is now racist in public instead of private."

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hannity using the ACLU as cover for Naziism

so the GOP really si going all in with being nazis huh?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Mitt Romney is Antifa

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

my phone loaded on this page: wow what a bland definition of racism

AP Style Guide 2017 posted:

racism The broad term for asserting racial or ethnic discrimination or superiority based solely on race, ethnic or religious origins; it can be by any group against any other group.

i get why but i'm not a fan

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
just want to remind everybody that on the interstate I drive by almost every day there is an excellent specimen of good ol' Nafan Befrd riding on his golden pony with a broken neck and a pellet gun

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

nice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

big sexy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDca_IyGbWg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Human Crouton posted:

Because it is history. Museums are for you to appreciate the entirety of human history and help you learn from the decisions of the billions of people who have lived before you. These statues allow proof that there were times of terrorism and racism so that racist and terrorist states aren't just tall tales you don't really believe.

Would you believe that dinosaurs existed if we didn't have their bones?

things dont magically appear in museums, if you believe in this this strongly perhaps you can open a kickstarter? there are probably plenty of ppl who would donate on many sides

many sides

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

maybe the worst thing I've seen all day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I play an hour or two of No Man's Sky while listening to podcasts and come back to over a thousand posts what the gently caress

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

when you grab them by the soul, you can do whatever you want :twisted:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/897627227340369920

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

just want to remind everybody that on the interstate I drive by almost every day there is an excellent specimen of good ol' Nafan Befrd riding on his golden pony with a broken neck and a pellet gun

this one is pretty good

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

red and black!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

GobiasIndustries posted:

The iron islands were cool in the books, way cooler than the show

ok i know we're living in the worst reality, but let's not say things we can't take back

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

valis is p cool

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trump is so far gone.

I wonder if he feels his mind going.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Agrajag posted:

To punch a nazi, the Pope has said, is good; it is the path to Heaven.

amen

Conch Shell Corp posted:

That limo had a wife and kids

this poor child is now an orphan RIP

Lastgirl posted:

"you're the animals, you're the animals" I insist as I continue to spew vitriolic, divisive and shallow rhetoric

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ok I had to bail on Hannity too I don't know how my dad and grandpa stomach this poo poo. At least my dad is apparently not leaving Fox News on 24/7 anymore good lord.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Naerasa posted:

Yeah you can tell what sex scenes GRRM wrote himself because they're usually some combo of incest, pedophilia, and rape

a lot of rape...

liek the novels have at leat 10% of their content devoted to rape and rapey poo poo

oh and the novels stop being good at A Feast For Crows, well aside from Aryas storyline which the show royally buttfucked, even moreso

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really like the part in Flow My Tears where the chick explains why love is good

but love is terrible :confused:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

that one def needs to stay

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

valis is about a guy named horsefucker fat because philip means horsefucker and dick means fat

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ugh i forgot to include in my response to the serious poster that it seems as though he/she/they is describing the concept of political cover

well serious poster if yr reading this there you go

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I want to see the statues of Confederate generals that get knocked down be turned into something useful. Brother, if the idea of a robotic Robert E Lee scything through a klan gathering doesn't give you a woody I'm not sure we'll ever have anything to discuss.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

sloppo posted:

ok i know we're living in the worst reality, but let's not say things we can't take back

I'll stand by that statement, 100%

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I play an hour or two of No Man's Sky while listening to podcasts and come back to over a thousand posts what the gently caress

TRUMP

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Brogeoisie posted:

that's not the point, why should we put THESE statues in a museum? we're literally giving a voice to terrorist/racist organizations on how they want history depicted. we can still talk about them, but why do they get to choose their presentation? it's, frankly, bullshit. they should all be melted down and scattered.

Close to where the Wall Street Bull statue stands today, there used to be a statue of king George III, sitting atop a horse, wearing robes and a laurel in the style of a Roman emperor. The statue was pulled down during the revolution and smashed apart. For a long time it was thought to be lost to history, but some parts of it have surfaced and are in museums today. When people go to those museums now, and see those parts, and read about that story, it not only helps them to imagine what a pompous rear end in a top hat George III was, but seeing its shattered pieces also shows them how much he was despised. It's in-your-face physical evidence of the most important conflict in American history. If they had melted that statue down completely, it would have just been a footnote in history by now. The people who have seen its shattered remnants would not have been so directly confronted with the shattered remains of the past, and would not be as well informed about America's origins.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:prepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

hahah this loving loser is playing NMS

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

who's kevin nash besides my dad now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm proud to have been the first person to introduce to this thread the concept of sundowning, it and my 1-2 thread titles are my legacy and also I am a sad drunk which makes me a king amongst the detritus of human wreckage that is this garbage heap of a country

• Locked thread