Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I don't think Console has "waypoint" in addition to "teleport".

We just have a button for "teleport back to town, with a Portal in town that can take us back to where we originated"

Do any of these Boss Mode guides work for Console?

Its when you run up on a teleport platform. There's a quest that tells you how to activate it if you forgot, just start a new character ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone know if there's a list of sets that have off-class transmogs? Even better, has someone succumbed to self-loathing to the point where they've screenied what they all look like on a Necro?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

Even better, has someone succumbed to self-loathing to the point where they've screenied what they all look like on a Necro?

You trying to imply that it is not normal to roll a Demon Hunter every season just to get the shadow set hood to use with the other classes?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

One of my friends rolled a DH this season and saved me the trouble. The female nec's hair clips through it when she walks which is kind of a bummer though.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you aren't spending a good part of your season in Barbie Doll mode with your character then what is the point of playing?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vakal posted:

You trying to imply that it is not normal to roll a Demon Hunter every season just to get the shadow set hood to use with the other classes?

Normally I do that but Dark Mage's Shade is really good looking so I've stuck with it this season. v:shobon:v

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

Potential BFF posted:

One of my friends rolled a DH this season and saved me the trouble. The female nec's hair clips through it when she walks which is kind of a bummer though.

drat it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Next PTR patch notes are up:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068

Lots of items and sets are buffed for all classes.

mewse
May 2, 2006

PTR patch notes are up.

Looks like buffs all around.

They are buffing Karlei's point for impale DHs!!

They've redesigned 6pc sunwuko so it no longer consumes sweeping wind stacks.

Uliana's getting a HUGE buff.

fake edit: damnit gnomak

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is some good poo poo. Basically all legendaries that boost a class power have been brought up to modern power creep status.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Kind of annoying that some items will have their legendary affixes updated retroactively and some won't, but hey, buffs are buffs.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sunwuko LTK might be GR viable with these changes.

- Scarbringer bonus doubled
- 6pc bonus doubled and won't consume sweeping wind stacks - wear string of ears instead of kyoshiro's belt?
- Bug fixed with Rabid Strike not applying bonus dmg to mimics properly

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mewse posted:

Uliana's getting a HUGE buff.

Yeah it is, holy poo poo. Wanna play that now for S12. :getin:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The necro belt is going to work with all curses. Looks like they're also trying to make death nova a viable skill, which is great because I want a blood nova farm build damnit.

They also buffed the pestilence set (which was inevitable) - it now gives a significant bonus to corpse explode and corpse lance.

Oddly they also buffed Trag by removing the extra life cost on the six piece. Yes, that set wasn't powerful enough.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to pretend the crusader item buffs will make older builds viable again.

But deep down in my heart I know the truth.

edit: oh god now you get two stacks from the Vyr's bonus for archon instead of one every hit.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 15, 2017

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Uliana's was always my favorite Monk set so hopefully that buff sticks. If so then it's Monk for S12. :getin:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Pestilence buff, especially the corpse explosion bit is A+, as is the Dayntees fix. I'm pretty jazzed that Ulianas and Invoker are getting buffed too.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

That Uli buff makes me real happy. That's still my favorite spec after all my years of Diablo. That certainly helps the damage, but I'm still worried about defense. The belt buff helps a lot in that regard, but I still find that spec to be alarmingly squishy at times. It'll probably still be a solo push only build because you're gonna need unity to survive the level of Grift that damage buff will let you push.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oddly they also buffed Trag by removing the extra life cost on the six piece. Yes, that set wasn't powerful enough.

It's kind of a non issue though. People were already spamming corpse consumption for life while blood lancing anyways so it doesn't really change its damage output any.

The Dayntee's change is going to make LazyStorm even tankier since you don't have to spec for decrepify and you can just leave on Frailty Aura. :lol::lol:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

The necro belt is going to work with all curses. Looks like they're also trying to make death nova a viable skill, which is great because I want a blood nova farm build damnit.

They also buffed the pestilence set (which was inevitable) - it now gives a significant bonus to corpse explode and corpse lance.

The Golem Skin Breeches were also changed to provide a defensive bonus while Golem is active as well. That gives Necros another defensive item as well as encouraging golem use, since none of the current popular/top builds use it at all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

Bone Armor
  • Can now be cast while moving.
Really should have done this for Rend as well so that fully half of the WotW set bonuses aren't an outright liability to try to take advantage of.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

The Golem Skin Breeches were also changed to provide a defensive bonus while Golem is active as well. That gives Necros another defensive item as well as encouraging golem use, since none of the current popular/top builds use it at all.
They do that already. Changing the item's other bonus to a cooldown reduction for the skill itself seems unlikely to make it worth using.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
The buff to Denial is huge. Roland's Crusaders are going to see a 300% damage increase, but will seem even more lackluster in single target situations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I just got a primal Balance. Wonder how that will work out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
[quote=""Blizzard" post="]
Fueled By Death
The movement speed bonus from this passive can now exceed the 25% cap
[/quote]

This is all I've ever wanted. I can't wait for this patch.

Also a tremendous lol at "Djank Mi'Eme" being a new Blood Shard vendor ha ha ha

This patch is very exciting, but something about it just screams "Death Knell". I could easily see this being the last balance patch of 2017, given how much this promises to shake things up. Just looking over it, one thing this does is boost all my farming specs hard. I could be speeding through TXIII with Sage's on after this no doubt.

Weirdly, there are no changes to Legendary gems here, lame, Mirinae stays sandboxed forever.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

This is all I've ever wanted. I can't wait for this patch.

Also a tremendous lol at "Djank Mi'Eme" being a new Blood Shard vendor ha ha ha

This patch is very exciting, but something about it just screams "Death Knell". I could easily see this being the last balance patch of 2017, given how much this promises to shake things up. Just looking over it, one thing this does is boost all my farming specs hard. I could be speeding through TXIII with Sage's on after this no doubt.

Weirdly, there are no changes to Legendary gems here, lame, Mirinae stays sandboxed forever.

I think they're just following through on their philosophy of buff everything else to catch up to the imba spec. Necros are super powerful so now they're revisiting the older classes and neglected sets.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Honestly they could afford to buff Vyr's 6pc some more, Archon could stack 3 at a time and it still wouldn't reach Talvyr level insanity.

DMOrb has a lot to like though, it's tanky as hell and with the buffs to Trium/Scepter it can do enough damage to really push GRs.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Holy gently caress, this patch will be amazing. Finally viable solo push builds for Barb and sader, and after YEARS of complaints they FINALLY fix the goddamn sader bug. Possible saders entering the new 4 man meta, gently caress yeah!

Hell, possible DPS Barb's coming in too, this will be a great patch to shake things up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

DMOrb has a lot to like though, it's tanky as hell and with the buffs to Trium/Scepter it can do enough damage to really push GRs.

I'm really excited for that, tbh. I love the idea of Delsere's but it's always "but another set is way better, why not just play that?".

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Ive always wanted Jade to be competitive.... Here's hoping! (Still squishy though huh)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Condemn crusader is in my top three favourite builds. I'm doubtful this is anywhere near enough for it to be competitive, but I really hope it comes out okay enough.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
80% Damage Reduction on Orb of Infinite Depth.

That seems a bit excessive.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Necro buffs haha

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Since everyone is playing a Necro is this the official thread or am I loving blind? I've found every other class.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There's no official necro thread. The other class threads don't exactly see a lot of activity either so no one felt the need to make one, probably.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Is there any reliable way of dealing with archon beam damage desyncing on a console?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is there any reliable way of dealing with archon beam damage desyncing on a console?

Turn off your TV.

Actually I never had the issue, but I'd be interested in hearing about it in case it happens.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Will this patch come before the season ends or after? I haven't really paid attention to D3 patches in a long time so I don't know how they do it

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

myron cope posted:

Will this patch come before the season ends or after? I haven't really paid attention to D3 patches in a long time so I don't know how they do it

Patches usually land between seasons, so likely after S11 ends, but before S12 begins.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Will these buffs be retroactive? I've been running a WW Barb with Wastes set, Bul-Kathos weapons, and a cubed Skull Grasp, will the changes to WW damage update automatically or do I have to re-farm all of this stuff again later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Set bonus changes are retroactive, normal legendaries usually aren't, but the patch will coincide with the next season anyway so who cares, out with the old in with the new.