Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I also have a sergeant that posts anti-trudeau poo poo all the time. but i have the feeling that it will be completely ignored if i report it.

when did it not become okay to have a different political view? Just because he was elected doesn't mean we don't have the right to think what we want. I don't like Trudeau either I think he's an idiot but he's an elected idiot and if I have to defend his life then i will. Unless the sgt is specifically saying poo poo like , " I want to kill the prime minister of Canada " it's a non issue. Just because you're in the forces doesn't mean you HAVE to be a liberal lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

when did it not become okay to have a different political view? Just because he was elected doesn't mean we don't have the right to think what we want. I don't like Trudeau either I think he's an idiot but he's an elected idiot and if I have to defend his life then i will. Unless the sgt is specifically saying poo poo like , " I want to kill the prime minister of Canada " it's a non issue. Just because you're in the forces doesn't mean you HAVE to be a liberal lmao.

You're not allowed to poo poo talk your boss, moron. It has nothing to do with what side you're on, it's that you can't be actively engaged in politics while serving. You're not allowed to put election signs in your front yard, you're not allowed to poo poo talk the prime minister.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Saying something like "I disagree with his political views and agenda" is fine, "Turdeau is a loving moron and has got to go." is not.

You keep it to yourself or only talk about it in a private settings, anything you do in public or publicly accessible reflects on the military as well.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Anybody else have MAGA hat wearing idiots at their units with 4chan pepe poo poo in their working area?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Goobs posted:

What the gently caress

Are you functionally retarded

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

What the gently caress

Are you functionally retarded

Calm down snowflake. I'll put a trigger warning up next time for you. Just call me a Nazi because I disagree with your political views, that's what you lefties are good at.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

Calm down snowflake. I'll put a trigger warning up next time for you. Just call me a Nazi because I disagree with your political views, that's what you lefties are good at.

hoooo boy

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
jesus christ

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Goobs posted:

source your quotes

and then gently caress off

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

source your quotes

and then gently caress off

Why, when it's so easy to get you guys going? Can you source where it says I have to agree with the decisions the PM makes 100% as a Forces member? You guys are so touchy it's cute.

Spectrum must be pretty full with you guys on it, whooo boy.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Goobs posted:

Why, when it's so easy to get you guys going? Can you source where it says I have to agree with the decisions the PM makes 100% as a Forces member? You guys are so touchy it's cute.

Spectrum must be pretty full with you guys on it, whooo boy.

You're disagreeing by calling him an idiot, and probably worse and doing so publicly and online. THAT you loving idiot is what you are NOT permitted to loving do as a serving member.

You can say a shitload of other stuff, there's a loving whole lot of things you can say to get your point across that we've been saying. YOU are going for the poo poo NOT permitted.

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 16, 2017

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

You're not allowed to poo poo talk your boss, moron. It has nothing to do with what side you're on, it's that you can't be actively engaged in politics while serving. You're not allowed to put election signs in your front yard, you're not allowed to poo poo talk the prime minister.

Wrong.

19.44 - POLITICAL ACTIVITIES AND CANDIDATURE FOR OFFICE
(1) For the purposes of this article:
"political advertising" means advertising, the purpose of which is to gain support for the election of a candidate for federal, provincial or
municipal office or to gain support for, or to encourage some action in support of, the maintenance or change of a policy that is the
responsibility of government at the federal, provincial or municipal level; (publicité àcaractère politique)

"political canvassing" means an activity by which an individual approaches another individual to gain support for the election of a candidate for federal, provincial or municipal office or to gain support for, or to encourage some action in support of, the maintenance or change of a policy that is the responsibility of government at the federal, provincial or municipal level; (sollicitation politique)

"political meeting" means a meeting that is planned for a specific time and place and is designed to promote political action by those attending; (réunion politique)

"political speech" means a speech, the purpose of which is to promote political action by those to whom it is addressed. (discours politique)

(2) Except as otherwise authorized under the Canada Elections Act (Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, Chapter E-2) or any other statute of the Parliament of Canada, a commanding officer shall ensure that any activity that takes place on a defence establishment, including a base or unit, under his command does not affect the actual or perceived political neutrality of the Canadian Forces and, in particular, no commanding officer shall:

(a) except as provided in paragraph (6), allow a political meeting to be held or a political speech to be delivered on a defence establishment;

(b) allow the display of political advertising anywhere on a defence establishment in areas exposed to public view; or

(c) except as provided in paragraphs (4) and (5), allow political canvassing or the distribution of political advertising, other than by mail, anywhere on a defence establishment.

(3) Subject to paragraph (7), paragraph (2) does not apply to any activity that takes place within the confines of a married quarter in Canada.

(4) A commanding officer shall permit political canvassing and the distribution of political advertising to single quarters and married quarters if, having regard to security and privacy requirements, the canvassers or distributors can be given access to such quarters.

(5) The Chief of the Defence Staff may authorize the broadcast, through Canadian Forces broadcasting facilities, of free-time political broadcasts.

(6) In exceptional circumstances, and where no practical alternative location can be found, the Minister may authorize the use of a defence
establishment or any part thereof for the conduct of a political meeting or the delivery of a political speech.

(7) No member of the Regular Force shall:

(a) take an active part in the affairs of a political organization or party;

(b) make a political speech to electors, or announce himself or allow himself to be announced as a candidate, or prospective candidate, for
election to the Parliament of Canada or a provincial legislature; or

(c) except with the permission of the Chief of the Defence Staff, accept an office in a municipal corporation or other local government body or allow himself to be nominated for election to such office.

(8) No officer or non-commissioned member shall organize or take part in a political meeting on a defence establishment.

NOTES
(A) Examples of meetings or speeches that might be considered to be political meetings or political speeches are those that are designed to:
(a) solicit votes for a candidate in a federal, provincial or municipal election
(b) solicit funds to support a candidate in a federal, provincial or municipal election or a political party; or
(c) organize a lobby to maintain or change public policy at the federal, provincial or municipal level.

(B) An example of a meeting or speech that might not be considered to be a political meeting or political speech is a meeting or speech that is designed to impart information but does not require or expect any specific solicited political action to follow as a result.

The sign on your lawn is a myth that for some reason people still believe to this day. Tons of members have signs on their lawns, just not on PMQs.

Vadoc posted:

You're disagreeing by calling him an idiot, and probably worse and doing so publicly and online. THAT you loving idiot is what you are NOT permitted to loving do as a serving member.

You can say a shitload of other stuff, there's a loving whole lot of things you can say to get your point across that we've been saying. YOU are going for the poo poo NOT permitted.

You guys have never actually read the loving QRO's, have you? Just regurgitating poo poo you've heard without even thinking about it like the hooker and starburst story from basic. Scary for future politics for sure...goddamn. The only caveat to all of this is if you say that what you are saying is the official opinions and views of the Canadian Armed Forces and you are not allowed to attend political rallies or events (I.e: showing up to a native event and being a racist).

e: Misread your post.

Goobs fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 16, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ok, you got me, you can put signs in your yard just not in the pmqs.

now, three things:

- Why are you assuming that anti-trudeau poo poo is just him saying he doesn't like trudeau?

- You can't poo poo talk the prime minister, as he is your commander

- don't respond to the first point and

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress off

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

ok, you got me, you can put signs in your yard just not in the pmqs.

now, three things:

- Why are you assuming that anti-trudeau poo poo is just him saying he doesn't like trudeau?

- You can't poo poo talk the prime minister, as he is your commander

- don't respond to the first point and

Why are you assuming that anti-trudeau poo poo is just him saying he doesn't like trudeau?

Im assuming that a Sgt isn't an idiot, sorry.

You can't poo poo talk the prime minister, as he is your commander.

k. can you define what is and what isn't poo poo talk please. is me saying i dont like him considered poo poo talk, and if so, is it considered poo poo talk by the courts?

again, telling people to gently caress off because their viewpoints are different or you dont agree with them is pretty kiddo, but whatever..I'm not your dad.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

Im assuming that a Sgt isn't an idiot, sorry.

lmfao

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.

Goobs posted:

Im assuming that a Sgt isn't an idiot, sorry..

That's certainly optimistic.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Admitted it's been a few years since I've read the QR&O but at no point did I say "report people for saying they disagree with the pm" I said "report white supremacists"

If we reported everyone who posted about Justine TurdNO there'd be even less people in uniform.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

This conversation is literally the reason the term "prejudicial to good order and discipline" exists. If you're publicly making statements likely to inspire contempt for elected leaders, expect someone to give you a hard time.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also the reason people told you to gently caress off had nothing to do "wrongthink" but it's because you made really dumb assumptions then doubled down by being real douchey about it in this post

Goobs posted:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know the results of this?

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
I am headed for Kingston until Christmas. Anything cool I should do/try while I am there ?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Check out your boy in the crazy overproduced video they just put out for the IG.

https://www.facebook.com/TCInvictusEC/videos/957750644364703/

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

Admitted it's been a few years since I've read the QR&O but at no point did I say "report people for saying they disagree with the pm" I said "report white supremacists"

If we reported everyone who posted about Justine TurdNO there'd be even less people in uniform.

White supremacists or really any racist group of course should be reported and if the Sgt that was being talked about was saying poo poo like that then yeah I get it.

Anyway, canforgen and qr&o references for anyone who cares:

canforgen 135/15 062/15
QR&O's 19.44, 19.14 and 19.36

tl:dr: you are allowed to have an opinion, a right that every Canadian has. you just cannot represent the forces with your opinions.

edit: also it matters if you are in uniform or not as well when you voice these opinions.

Goobs fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 17, 2017

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

it's because you made really dumb assumptions then doubled down by being real douchey about it in this post

yeah you're right, i admit it. I am guilty of getting defensive when I feel like im being piled on.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, anyone hear about the fate of the proud boyz?

Goobs posted:

yeah you're right, i admit it. I am guilty of getting defensive when I feel like im being piled on.

Everyone does.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
It's okay, man, this is a safe space. We've all been in the relish suits.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm trying to think of a euphemism that works with relish

The US marines have the green weenie, I'm sure we can come up with something.

To switch topics, is there any issued kit that you guys use in civvy life? I turned all my poo poo in, but I'll admit to rebuying a field hat and ranger blanket for camping.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I use the socks.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

To switch topics, is there any issued kit that you guys use in civvy life? I turned all my poo poo in, but I'll admit to rebuying a field hat and ranger blanket for camping.

relish is gross enough on it's own to not need a euphemism.

I unironically want a non-cadpat version of a rucksack for camping, they hold a lot of poo poo. Also I bought 2 ranger blankets, one for camping the other for hot as gently caress nights.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Black cargo pants make great gardening/painting clothes.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Nope, haven't heard a thing about those boyz, it'll probably be in the news again after the review.

Socks, shirts, field hat, and absolutely the thermals in the winter. There's other odds and ends but they're mostly stuff that I bought at the CANEX for extra convenience or basically inherited from my father from his own stash of kit after he had retired. I like to use a KFS set at work for my lunch and dinner and have my coffee in the green covered mug.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
also lol if you didn't lose a set of fleeces

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

also lol if you didn't lose a set of fleeces

Those things are great for everything other than actual army poo poo

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

inspection day posted:

Those things are great for everything other than actual army poo poo

I see you've never been posted to the prairies

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

Ranger blanket, thermals and socks. Boots for shovelling snow in the winter, hahahhaa.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I kept my Mk I's because they are good boots

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I gave my dad all my fleeces because I am a stupid stupid idiot.

my gf gives me poo poo about wearing the field cap when camping but gently caress it it's comfy and keeps me from getting horribly sunburned.

Plus it's easy to toss in the bottom of the canoe when you realize "oh poo poo those rapids are closer than I thought WHERE'S MY HEMLET" and dries quick

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

my gf gives me poo poo about wearing the field cap

i'd say your girlfriend's got some sense, but then she's dating you

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

i'd say your girlfriend's got some sense, but then she's dating you

:vince:

You're not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

I see you've never been posted to the prairies

Don't get me wrong, they're comfy as gently caress and I'll wear one at home, but I've always felt like they just packed too big, weighed too much and took forever to actually dry after getting soaked.