Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

JBP posted:

Beric has done it a few times and cracks gags plus seems pretty personable though.

Yeah, I realize the show has already forgotten about how there's supposed to be consequences.

I'ma still be pissed, though. Jon being exactly the same despite dying and coming back has been my biggest problem with the show thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I feel like Jon is dour enough and is always rocking a thousand yard stare. H's not exactly Mr Personality.

I want Gendry to give him a hard time and lighten him up personally. It's fine having your undead po faced leader furrow his brows and poo poo a lot, but it can become pretty boring.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

In It For The Tank posted:

Do you know that scene in the Simpsons when Homer is making breakfast and pours some milk into cereal and it bursts into flames?

That's the Night King's ice spear hitting Viserion.

its completely loving ridiculous

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
HOLY gently caress

Tormund had a really close call there.

My heart was about to give up and believe that the spoilers were wrong and was ready to give up on this show because they killed Tormund

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If Gendry and/or Davos or someone made Jon always lighten up or something, and each time he comes back he gets more grey-faced and neutral and that person has to witness the changes because Jon confides in him, it could be interesting.

The events of the show are hard enough and ALSO him dying is taking a toll on him, and it would be interesting to see him break down and pray for an end to a close friend and get all weepy maybe, but then in a more public scene put on a stoic face and move forward. And it'll make everything he does a bit cooler. Like, he's suicidal basically but still holding on because he feels he has to do X.

Instead, he just comes back like he used a Mario life.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Jon's not gonna die again. Not sure where you're getting that. Thoros and a red shirt are going to die and Beric and the rest of them are gonna escape.

I thought the most recent reiteration of the detailed spoilers said that Jon falls off of Drogon and dies and Beric sacrifices himself to revive him.

Also, Thoros dies.

Those two are the redshirts at this point. The most we ever got to know them was in the Arya/Hound crossing the riverlands mess a few seasons back. And then they hooked back up with Sandor because Reasons.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Propaganda Machine posted:

I thought the most recent reiteration of the detailed spoilers said that Jon falls off of Drogon and dies and Beric sacrifices himself to revive him.

Also, Thoros dies.

Those two are the redshirts at this point. The most we ever got to know them was in the Arya/Hound crossing the riverlands mess a few seasons back. And then they hooked back up with Sandor because Reasons.

Red priest, red shirt. Red god, red shirt.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

360 noscope

https://twitter.com/jorywea/status/897629264119566340

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

blue eyed dragon

https://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-got-dragon-xT39DhhW2yyvhy8j96

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

man that looks dumb as hell

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Constant posted:

At the very best case scenario (by the way the whole scene was shot with one WW having a Dragon Slayer spear at the ready) this somehow gives some credibility to the theory that everyone is not loving dead brain stupid and just gave the NK a way to break the wall, but rather it was all predestined to happen and that the NK was waiting there cause he has future sight powers like the 3 eyed raven.

Like you have to look really really hard for that silver lining.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He hit the dragon right in its fire gland.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Why isn't the javelin flying in the same direction it's facing in the second shot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is it exploding like an artillery shell couldn't they have at least made the explosion blue like a magic frost kind of thing

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why isn't the javelin flying in the same direction it's facing in the second shot.

magic

why is this the only javelin the nk has? also magic

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Another silver lining, now goons can sperg on how the gently caress does a zombie dragon work.

Fire is supposed to make the wights stop dead in their tracks and zombie dragon has fire in his tummy so he should be in a constant state of zombiefying-unzombiefying.

Or do gurm dragons just spit a highly combustible liquid that catches fire the instant it makes contact with air?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

And if it's that easy to one shot the biggest dragon how the gently caress would he ever lose

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He threw that spear like he's never moved his arms before. It leaves his hand and accelerates into the air lmao.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Night King gonna ice spear it. You mark my words. He may even cast it like a loving Final Fantasy spell.

Nailed it!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Why is it exploding like an artillery shell couldn't they have at least made the explosion blue like a magic frost kind of thing

im assuming because he was actively breathing fire through his throat at the time

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah that throw is pretttttty silly looking.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

drunken officeparty posted:

And if it's that easy to one shot the biggest dragon how the gently caress would he ever lose

Viserion is the runt, actually.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

The Dave posted:

Yeah that throw is pretttttty silly looking.

Not as silly as Meera's spear throwing last season.

Spear physics is hard, yo

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 16, 2017

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

tom brady is the night king

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

That would make Jon Peyton Manning since he needed a rez to finally compete with him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Solice Kirsk posted:

That would make Jon Peyton Manning since he needed a rez to finally compete with him.

Nah he's Kaepernick since he refuses to bend the knee.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sydin posted:

Nah he's Kaepernick since he refuses to bend the knee.

That's like the opposite of Kaepernick.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

some 4chan guy is claiming he'll leak it in HD in exchange for bitcoin

and reddit is fallin for it lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's like the opposite of Kaepernick.

Oh right, I got that mixed up. :downs:

Who bent the knee and got absolutely poo poo on for it in this show?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sydin posted:

Oh right, I got that mixed up. :downs:

Who bent the knee and got absolutely poo poo on for it in this show?

loras. but it was both knees

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Constant posted:

:agreed:

lezard_valeth posted:

At the very best case scenario (by the way the whole scene was shot with one WW having a Dragon Slayer spear at the ready) this somehow gives some credibility to the theory that everyone is not loving dead brain stupid and just gave the NK a way to break the wall, but rather it was all predestined to happen and that the NK was waiting there cause he has future sight powers like the 3 eyed raven.

Like you have to look really really hard for that silver lining.

he drat well better otherwise he should've ice speared jon snu and the other fuckers on the slowest rowboat ever in the hardholme episode

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

another livestream https://www.twitch.tv/bigfishfc

nevermind its down already what kinda idiot thought to try twitch

still going! he just restarted

Hexel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 16, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

So Eli Manning is Azor Ahai?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I. loving. HATE. ARYA.

JFC the whole "wah wah you had a nice dress that day I was watching" convo is out of this world stupid

Like please can't the NK just lob an ice spear over the wall and explode her?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

I. loving. HATE. ARYA.

Like please can't the NK just lob an ice spear over the wall and explode her?

arya is the worst

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is Arya worthy of ire?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tormund has some great poo poo he says about Brienne. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Tormund death fake out later down the episode was definitely not cool :mad: Don't play with my heart like that

• Locked thread