Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

My Garand didn't kill Nazi's, it killed Korean's and Chinese

My M1 carbine probably did Nazi's, or Japs.

My P-38? That straight up killed commies

Also

Hard to say. Darker theory is it could have killed Americans and noncombatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i want an m1 garand just for display.

probably my favorite rifle in US military history.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Hard to say. Darker theory is it could have killed Americans and noncombatant.

Well or some hookers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have a mosin with a hexagonal receiver that's stamped 1926, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't used in combat, because it was in near mint condition when I bought it (for $109).

e: Real talk, when you fire an M1 Garand you feel like a god damned American. I've never shot a gun that felt so satisfying, with the exception of maybe the M2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
my favorite description of a garand is a fedora for gun owners

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

No, that's any variant of the AR-15. The Toyota Camry of guns.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i want an m1 garand just for display.

probably my favorite rifle in US military history.

It gives me freedom boners to shoot.
It also punishes the poo poo out of my wallet.
Though my M1A is mildly cheaper to shoot that stuff adds up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

Which makes rails and trinkets a hat on a hat.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

The penis substitute for paranoid morons everywhere. That's why I'm buying an AUG instead.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Eh. There's good things to be said about a camery.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So I'm going to see Rancid and Drop Kick Murphy in Seattle tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to deal with any Nazi fuckboys. When I saw them about a decade ago a skinhead got on stage and threw a Nazi salute and the bassist blasted him across the back with his instrument.
Oh well better wear my boots just in case...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

a resolution passed in Illinois that allows cops to treat Nazis as terrorists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7893841.html

Illinois Nazis. Now we all hate Illinois Nazis.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Eh. There's good things to be said about a camery.

This is a good point. The AR-15 is more like the Ford Mustang of guns. It's a milquetoast gun for people who want to own an assault rifle and want to be able to customize it just enough to talk about on Facebook.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

This is a good point. The AR-15 is more like the Ford Mustang of guns. It's a milquetoast gun for people who want to own an assault rifle and want to be able to customize it just enough to talk about on Facebook.

I want one just so I can make a clone of my service rifle and take it out and shoot the gently caress out of it like the army never let me do.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I want one just so I can make a clone of my service rifle and take it out and shoot the gently caress out of it like the army never let me do.

Shame you can't easily buy a 249 or 240, because dicking around with those is fun as hell.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

psydude posted:

Shame you can't easily buy a 249 or 240, because dicking around with those is fun as hell.

You can. FN has been selling semi only 249s for a while. If you meant FA it's annoying but possible.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremblay posted:

You can. FN has been selling semi only 249s for a while. If you meant FA it's annoying but possible.

Isn't there only one transferable that was ever registered?

ReebTop
May 17, 2003

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Illinois Nazis. Now we all hate Illinois Nazis.

God drat it, I was so close to making this joke.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I lugged around a 249 most of my army time and would gladly never touch one again.

I blame at least one of my bad discs on that unnecessarily issued chunk of steel. Plenty of A2s in the arms room, but sgt major didn't approve of my 'stache.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
we should have a gun thread.

not a thread where we talk about gun control, just a thread where we talk about cool guns. i don't go into TFR so...

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Fat Leonard trial claims a victim. A Navy commander pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the Navy, and is looking at up to 5 years and $250,000 in fines.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/us-navy-singapore-bribery/index.html

LingcodKilla posted:

1944? That's barely any time to kill some Nazis.

Woo!

Brother.

I agree, 1942 *was* a better year. Our Nazi killers were manufactured a month apart.

I bought it from CMP to display over my mantle. Never got ammo, never fired it. Never thought I would need to.

Guess I'll be stocking up on Godholio's ammo recs.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I went to a movie and a bar and things still haven't settled down. I take this as a good sign that things might soon feel like The Mattering.

Going to Boston this weekend if nazis get thier permit.

Zeris posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

I'm from Charlottesville and I say kill them all!

(Not me, but someone, I'm a coastal elite in need of a Rico)

Two Finger posted:

Move to nz I need slavesdeck hands

As a navy man myself see if you can get some boats for arming. NZ is part of good America now (I'm declaring) and we're going to need a navy. (Also I need a wife and I hear kiwis are cool)

Casimir Radon posted:

The penis substitute for paranoid morons everywhere. That's why I'm buying an AUG instead.

Look at TheRat's AR-15 builds in the GiP gun thread if you want your mind changed.

Don't use mass market idiot ARs as your baseline. See what quality really looks like.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Pretty sure 90% of the automatic weapons in America are just owned by people who know a competent machinist. The other 10% are registered.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Oh if it were my favorite army weapon I didn't get enough trigger time on I'd be trying to buy a Mk 19.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh if it were my favorite army weapon I didn't get enough trigger time on I'd be trying to buy a Mk 19.

had the mk48 in afghanistan.

that thing loving ruled.

e: mixed up the mk19 and mk48 with eachother

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

McNally posted:

There's an outdoor range in Charles Town that goes out to 300 that I'm thinking about joining, but I don't know about 1k+

I really love the challenge of long range (800+), there's something about the almost Zen-like meditation and focus where everything has to come together and the smallest poo poo will throw you off by an arm's length. The Army ruined "short" (like 300-400) range shooting for me once I could consistently hit 38 or above with some lovely M4A1 and CCOs that I still had to Kentucky windage the gently caress out of to get on target.

psydude posted:

Firing a 240 is like shooting a loving laser cannon, the stark raging erection from the experience would dig it's own firing position into the dirt.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJGB5sCF9Io

i always liked Steve Schmidt

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Not sure. With proper licensing you could get a post sample, or convert a semi only to select fire. Admittedly a pain in the rear end but do able. I was actually hoping table top FFLs would be kosher again. Oh well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arc Light posted:

The Fat Leonard trial claims a victim. A Navy commander pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the Navy, and is looking at up to 5 years and $250,000 in fines.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/us-navy-singapore-bribery/index.html

Brother.

I agree, 1942 *was* a better year. Our Nazi killers were manufactured a month apart.

I bought it from CMP to display over my mantle. Never got ammo, never fired it. Never thought I would need to.

Guess I'll be stocking up on Godholio's ammo recs.

:yeah:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Third World Reggin posted:

That's a 10/22 with $3k of aftermarket poo poo on it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There are breakaway 10/22 integrally silenced barrels that cost less than a proper massage

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda like I got a mosin from '44 even if it was never used(that I know about).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I really love the challenge of long range (800+), there's something about the almost Zen-like meditation and focus where everything has to come together and the smallest poo poo will throw you off by an arm's length. The Army ruined "short" (like 300-400) range shooting for me once I could consistently hit 38 or above with some lovely M4A1 and CCOs that I still had to Kentucky windage the gently caress out of to get on target.

Firing a 240 is like shooting a loving laser cannon, the stark raging erection from the experience would dig it's own firing position into the dirt.

Having wasted a box of 7.62 shooting at bags full of cardboard tossed behind the ship, it is a god drat blast to shoot. That was the one thing I miss about the military (but not enough to go back)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

not a thread where we talk about gun control, just a thread where we talk about cool guns. i don't go into TFR so...

Hey uh, guys....I made a gunchat thread a while ago....hunter s thompson liquor and machineguns memorial :(

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Watching Kimmel's monologue and not sure if it's a rerun. He suggests we make Donnie the first King of America. But he'll be king in the sense Elizabeth II is queen while Pence wears the big boy pants. Make America Great Britain Again.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Capn Beeb posted:

Gtab wasn't banned, he just got fed up with the previous mod and Cyrano letting alt-right shitheels do whatever they pleased when anyone who attempted to shut them up caught probations and bans.

Those people are still there and posting, though. Still whining about ~*SJWS*~ banning one of their fellow racists tonight.

So apparently the Real Reason™ Virginia police didn't do anything this weekend was there were caches of weapons in the city.

https://twitter.com/dangranata/status/897090875494453248

[ ] Believe
[ X ] Doubt

Didn't that Cantwell dude in the Vice bit hint at that?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:gop:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know city workers were pulling knives out of bushes. That came up before the rally and my reaction was uhhh this is gonna be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:perfect:

• Locked thread