Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I thought the sword was a separate relic from the three that made up Susano?

I was pretty sure it was the same sword which is why there's no in-universe re-fight for EX Susan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Blockhouse posted:

I was pretty sure it was the same sword which is why there's no in-universe re-fight for EX Susan.

I need to go back, but I'm pretty sure I remember the sword being introduced in a cutscene where the Garleans intercepted a separate shipment by the red turtle tribe to move their treasures from they originally stored it (where you fight Susano).

As for EX fights, they gave up on the 'Oh poo poo, they're collecting even more aether crystals' excuse and went to computer generated allag exercises and bard tales so that's not much of a hint of anything.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I need to go back, but I'm pretty sure I remember the sword being introduced in a cutscene where the Garleans intercepted a separate shipment by the red turtle tribe to move their treasures from they originally stored it (where you fight Susano).

As for EX fights, they gave up on the 'Oh poo poo, they're collecting even more aether crystals' excuse and went to computer generated allag exercises and bard tales so that's not much of a hint of anything.

Plus, it gives a sense of peace. The Beastman tribes aren't constantly summoning an even more powerful primal, they're spent and weakened right now, etc.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The primal summons were both basically accidental in Stormblood too. They don't necessarily want them around right now, especially since we chumped them so easily.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So I decided to try pvp last night to get wolf marks for glamour reasons and I'm wondering what exactly am I supposed to be doing as a dragoon?

I get the whole break ice fight nerds part but I feel incredibly fish out of water about the whole ordeal and my gc ended up dead last, with me near the bottom of the leaderboards. I'm assuming my job is to try and gank squishes and kill them quickly but every time things seemed to be going well I'd suddenly have magic flowers blooming on me and I'd be dead. My kda was positive so I'm sure I wasn't just feeding kills but I certainly felt like I wasn't helping my team much.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Tyty posted:

So I decided to try pvp last night to get wolf marks for glamour reasons and I'm wondering what exactly am I supposed to be doing as a dragoon?

I get the whole break ice fight nerds part but I feel incredibly fish out of water about the whole ordeal and my gc ended up dead last, with me near the bottom of the leaderboards. I'm assuming my job is to try and gank squishes and kill them quickly but every time things seemed to be going well I'd suddenly have magic flowers blooming on me and I'd be dead. My kda was positive so I'm sure I wasn't just feeding kills but I certainly felt like I wasn't helping my team much.

Kill

bathe in the blood of your enemies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tyty posted:

Not a PVP expert, but playing a decent amount of MNK in Frontlines and Feast, my observation is melee DPS is all about watching where the lines are and punishing people that get out of position while also making sure you don't end up getting swallowed up by the enemy in the process. If you see your team focusing on someone join in, and if you are getting focused yourself and the odds are bad fall back and hopefully they'll be dumb enough to chase you into your territory while the healers fix you up.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Re Doma: Before you go to Doma Castle, the other characters mention going to the Enclave, which is where the bulk of the Doman population live under direct Garlean rule, probably like Ala Mhigo.

At some point later in Stormblood (After Zenos' anime powerup?), you get a replay of Urianger's ditty from earlier which mentions two swords of blue and red - Susano's sword and the one Zenos has (Susano's other sword).

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

The sword Yotsuyu nabs from the Red Kojin is Ame-no-Habakiri, not Kusanagi. The 3 sacred treasures that made up Susano are still together in the Blessed Treasury, it's just likely that the Red Kojin don't want to summon Susano because they aren't really under any sort of threat.

Also in Japanese mythology Ame-no-Habakiri is the sword that Susano uses to kill Orochi. He finds Kusanagi inside Orochi's 4th tail and uses it to buy his way back into Heaven.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lvl 33 monk and a bunch skills that I have on my hotbars say I can't use them as my class ahhh don't want to make a new char

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

verbal enema posted:

Lvl 33 monk and a bunch skills that I have on my hotbars say I can't use them as my class ahhh don't want to make a new char

Just..clear your bar and put the handful of skills you do have from the Actions window on them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I did that i was just very confused by having skills that I couldn't find in my menus

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Just..clear your bar and put the handful of skills you do have from the Actions window on them.

I will never clear old cleric stance off my healers.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

vOv posted:

The combat the fact that I always forget to use Largesse, I put it in the place of my old Cleric Stance so I'm always hitting it by muscle memory.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

I have an entire hotbar that I use as a Fracture memorial. I make it visible every now and then to remind myself of better times.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
i found the best way to get comms

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

jalapeno_dude posted:

i found the best way to get comms

Hey, that is only the second hardest, behind cape westwind.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Tyty posted:

Melee is kind of miserable at 72 man Frontline. DRG doesn't have the burst MNK has, but it is very mobile. Basically, you want to use that to your advantage. Get stragglers or people retreating with spineshatter, a couple hits and skewer + grk + jump. If you catch hate from anyone, especially a brd or a mch, just elusive jump the gently caress away and sprint down the field like a pansy. They're not going to waste effort trying to kill you if you're above 75% HP and sprinting away. Use concentrate when you're going in, too, so no tank can stun you when you go for your kill steal. While I'm on the topic of pvp skills, change the passive ones because they're dumb.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I want to say I'm done with Ala Mhigo, but I'm still missing the Triple Triad card of all things.

Reiterpallasch posted:

if cover works on earthshakers i am about to be _extremely_ mad

Earth Shaker has always been a physical attack and therefore has always been blockable by Cover. It even worked in Sephirot: an enterprising PLD could Cover the targeted DPS and pop a cooldown, letting both of them slap the boss as if nothing happened.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 16, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
has anyone been to the eorzea cafe in tokyo? any recommendations?

i know there's an ifrit pizza and i think a ravana drink that i'm probably gonna get but if there's good poo poo that you've had lmk thanks

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

i know there's an ifrit pizza and i think a ravana drink that i'm probably gonna get but if there's good poo poo that you've had lmk thanks

If the Ravana drink is anything but a bloody mary, I'll be disapppointed.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

DizzyBum posted:

http://eorzea-menu.pasela.co.jp/sea...0&by-date=false

Appears not (second from the left on the bottom row)

the flame god drink looks like something i'd be dumb enough to enjoy

e: oh my god theres a cactuar drink on the next page, hell ye

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 16, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DizzyBum posted:

It should be a Caesar. "REJOICE IN THE GLORY OF CLAMATO!"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My first O3S clear was filling in for a 7/8 static and they used cover on critical hits that awareness wasn't up for otherwise

if the pld is the mt just use a defensive cd (rampart or sentinel) and palacade(spelling that wrong) from bard

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

We could do that if we had our war MT, but I'm MT on PLD. I have reprisal up for every crit and awareness for every other one. I'd sentinal/reprisal most of the rest and hallowed the one during the book phase.

wouldnt it be better to just reprisal the aoe since that can knock everyone down to 1/4 hp. Also we rdm lb3 the little adds and the big add and then when she does her 4 aoes in a row i just put up wings and have everyone behind me killing the sentinel and the little adds while the aoe goes off. Does anyone else do that? Seems nifty and helps I think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1STeGcNwAjE16siNX_71640w9CpUKNn8jt70EN7txlfs/edit#gid=1005962976

I love spergy people sometimes. Don't even have to think about what to do. Got the whole fight planned out for me. Thank you random person for figuring this out.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 16, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Holyshoot posted:

wouldnt it be better to just reprisal the aoe since that can knock everyone down to 1/4 hp. Also we rdm lb3 the little adds and the big add and then when she does her 4 aoes in a row i just put up wings and have everyone behind me killing the sentinel and the little adds while the aoe goes off. Does anyone else do that? Seems nifty and helps I think.

if you have a whm they can thin air cure 3 spam the aoes during that phase, frees up your other healer and the tanks to do damage

there's not enough damage going out to overcome cure 3 critspam, it just requires everyone to be nice and tight for it to hit everyone. you may have to position inside the giant a bit to tag the tank with it

reprisal helps since its ogcd i think but otherwise you don't need wings

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

My friend won the jumbo cactpot there and got this for free:

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Do you already have tickets to go there? If not go in the first time slot (11am?) on a weekday. The place was dead when we went, which means higher chance of winning the cactopot :D

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

bleuraindrops posted:

Do you already have tickets to go there? If not go in the first time slot (11am?) on a weekday. The place was dead when we went, which means higher chance of winning the cactopot :D

we were going to book tickets this weekend actually, we're still a month or so off before we go, thanks for the tip!

jalapeno_dude posted:

oh gently caress that owns

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Static-less pubbie problems: if I have the LA katana and crafted pants, am I better off spending o3s pages on roborant (which I'll have to fight 7 other people for every week) or saving for the crit/dh savage pants (which I might have to fight one person for at most, if they drop).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

we were going to book tickets this weekend actually, we're still a month or so off before we go, thanks for the tip!

oh gently caress that owns

I am very jealous of you. There are days that I really miss Japan and wish I could afford to go back there on vacation. Have no desire at all to work there again, but really wish I could visit.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm assuming the wait staff in this cafe are all cute girls dressed as Miqo'te but if someone wants to tell me they're actually all very accurate Godbert, Raubahn and Haurchefant cosplayers, that'd be cool.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Also re: food/drinks

The only thing my group did not like was the pickled Shiva veggies (and I'm someone who likes pickled veggies and kimchi). The alcoholic drinks are not strong so get a couple ;) they do have an English menu there so get what you think sounds good. I got drinks based on looks knowing flavor-wise it wasn't my favorite, and they'd taste exactly what I expected.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Our OT hits reprisal for most of the AOEs. I hit it on the ones that he can't and that i'm pretty shielded on.

On the ninja/giants i just grab the ninjas, park them on the giant, and start aoeing with the party. We don't need the shielding from passage of arms there.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There are a couple points in O3S where Reprisal (and/or Addle) does a ton of work. The Dimension Wave after Library Phase Holy Spellblade is one, because the healers have a very short amount of time to top everyone off after that. The other one is if she lands on an ice panel after Mindjack, since once again the healers have to run to get to the right panel and might not be able to completely top people off.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So Regula and Nael both had references to FF6 and 7 as nods to the number division they were in charge of. What's Zenos' connection to 12? I know almost nothing of that game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

bleuraindrops posted:

Also re: food/drinks

The only thing my group did not like was the pickled Shiva veggies (and I'm someone who likes pickled veggies and kimchi). The alcoholic drinks are not strong so get a couple ;) they do have an English menu there so get what you think sounds good. I got drinks based on looks knowing flavor-wise it wasn't my favorite, and they'd taste exactly what I expected.

yeah i had a similar experience when i ate at the resident evil cafe in shibuya a few years ago

i got their sun medal drink which was a fruity whiskey thing and it was not great. got to keep the cool copper medallion stirrer tho. thanks for the tips!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

SonicRulez posted:

So Regula and Nael both had references to FF6 and 7 as nods to the number division they were in charge of. What's Zenos' connection to 12? I know almost nothing of that game.

It's largely about a smaller country conquered by a larger empire.

Vorless
Oct 30, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

How do you even begin to eat this monstrous thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vorless posted:

How do you even begin to eat this monstrous thing?

thats the wrong attitude my dude

channel your inner fat chocobo