Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Odddzy posted:

I'm pretty sure guys doing steroids illegally for bodybuilding have a mental illness, that thread only confirms that.

Body Dysmorphia is what usually prompts steroid use for people who don't play sports or bodybuild professionally, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Oh I wouldn't expect anyone to be unaware, it would just be a gesture. Nevermind the posting, my art would give me away like a signature.

I'm over the whole doubling down thing, for real. Constant dogpiles are the logical conclusion of that gimmick and I spend more time probated than not these days. So I'm pretty sure that point has been reached.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

Oh I wouldn't expect anyone to be unaware, it would just be a gesture. Nevermind the posting, my art would give me away like a signature.

I'm over the whole doubling down thing, for real. Constant dogpiles are the logical conclusion of that gimmick and I spend more time probated than not these days. So I'm pretty sure that point has been reached.

I mean you could also just not post. You're not very good at it and I don't think anyone here would miss it. You don't have to interact with other people on Something Awful and I don't really know why you'd want to when no one seems to like you or enjoy your posts, you can just read the threads and pretend you're a part of it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's not like you're in highschool where you have to try and fit in you could always go find some other niche forum that would actually appreciate what you do

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Improbable Lobster posted:

Body Dysmorphia is what usually prompts steroid use for people who don't play sports or bodybuild professionally, yes.

The worst part is all the results they want can be achieved by eating clean and working out with a structured plan. It will just take longer.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's not like you're in highschool where you have to try and fit in you could always go find some other niche forum that would actually appreciate what you do

you mean I could go lower than this?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

you mean I could go lower than this?

It won't be easy but I'm sure you can manage

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
god. this poo poo is still weak.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SubponticatePoster posted:

That was EllisD. Phone posting, but I bet there's a SAclopedia entry on it.

Lysistrata posted:

I'm pretty sure that was EllisD. I don't have links, but iirc it was his superconservative uncle who was cheating on his wife with men and EllisD found his Craigslist (???) ad. Ended up blackmailing him for a sweet-rear end television. They were both pieces of poo poo, but I always thought EllisD was at least a likeable piece of poo poo.

Edit: can't really remember whether he actually got the TV. I think he did.

That's the one.

It started out as EllisD posting about finding out his homophobic conservative uncle was sucking dick on the side and Ellis was seen as the sympathetic character in the story. Then, the more the thread evolved, people started turning on Ellis for blackmailing and outing the guy and poo poo.

I think at the end, the conclusion was they both sucked. Haha. Here it is:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=968914&highlight=

Edit: Holy poo poo. That was 13 loving years ago?

BiggerBoat has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Aug 15, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Odddzy posted:

I'm pretty sure guys doing steroids illegally for bodybuilding have a mental illness, that thread only confirms that.

if they're in the UK then they're probably not breaking any laws

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

BiggerBoat posted:

What was the "saga" where some goon found unsecured webcams and posted random feeds until he finally found some dude we named "Hans" that someone bought an account for? Not a saga really but that was pretty funny.

I think it was in gbs, people started googling unsecured webcams and posting feeds and some lonely guy noticed his webcam moving around because you could control some and then started to really enjoy the company

I feel like it had a sad ending

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I think it was in gbs, people started googling unsecured webcams and posting feeds and some lonely guy noticed his webcam moving around because you could control some and then started to really enjoy the company

I feel like it had a sad ending

I'm not sure if this was part of it or another site doing a similar thing but I'm pretty sure I remember some random German dude in an office building was the one who noticed and rolled with it, like he'd put up holiday decorations facing the camera and poo poo

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm not sure if this was part of it or another site doing a similar thing but I'm pretty sure I remember some random German dude in an office building was the one who noticed and rolled with it, like he'd put up holiday decorations facing the camera and poo poo

Yeah, he made a sign or two, too.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Hello my name is Alse and I come from some place far away. Yes, that will do. Anyway I say we post more Frozen hentai.

lmao

Elsa posted:

:ughh:

You suck poo poo dude, take the hint and go away

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I think it was in gbs, people started googling unsecured webcams.
Yeah it was GBS. Hans was a bit of a minor celebrity, I think you could control his camera so he responded with hello signs.

There was one room that creeped people out as it looked like some barewalled bedroom dungeon that people started thinking it was something really bad. Then a dog came in to sleep on the bed.

Yup it was a little room for the dog.

The thing petered out as people didn't find much more interesting feeds. Most were store cameras, puppies, or views of cities.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hans! That was his name. That dude was a great sport and I'm glad he got some actual enjoyment out of what must have been an absurdly bizarre experience.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kelp Me! posted:

Hans! That was his name. That dude was a great sport and I'm glad he got some actual enjoyment out of what must have been an absurdly bizarre experience.

people that just roll with it are the drat best.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Hans wasn't his name, if I remember right. It was just something goons called him until they got his attention. He was a great sport.

Some of those feeds DID look creepy and weird when robbed of any context though and seemed like an abject lesson in voyeurism and spying where everything is not "Rear Window". It was funny learning "oh, it's a veterinarian's office" or "a preschool". It was like watching "Paranormal Activity" with no payoff.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Elsa posted:

While not among the greatest sagas of the SA forums, Elsa continually getting banned/probated for being a creepy attention whore is pretty amusing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3Uvo1uQXE

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

EmmyOk posted:

like what the actual gently caress, I assumed people like this would be the outliers.

What's wrong with what I posted? My girlfriend is legit concerned that now I have cycled I'll never be able to not chase the gains again, once I am successfully walking round at 200lbs and can cut to 185 for summer I will stop and I get my health checked by multiple Dr's.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Syd Midnight posted:

I'm a bit slow following up, but I had to go back and read the thread again to be sure of what I was seeing, and to try and understand more of the slang (like "pin" = "inject"). I meant it when I said that I wasn't posting quotes because there were so many I got tired of quoting. Here's what I mean:

From the OP: "Tren - Trenbolone (Acetate/Enanthate). God jerked off into a vial. Lucky you!".

Tren is peak steroid abuse. The guys at my gym refuse to sell it to anyone who isn't already competition level because it is literally "Bipolar in a bottle". Based off that and everything posted in the thread about it, I'll never go near it. Testosterone and Testosterone replacement therapy will be mainstream in the next 10 years though. Just look at the documentaries Bigger Stronger Faster* (2008) and the new Icarus (2017) one.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

willie_dee posted:

What's wrong with what I posted? My girlfriend is legit concerned that now I have cycled I'll never be able to not chase the gains again, once I am successfully walking round at 200lbs and can cut to 185 for summer I will stop and I get my health checked by multiple Dr's.

:stare:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
It's much safer to never do any form of exercise, and I feel fairly comfortable saying that on this website in particular.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BiggerBoat posted:

It was like watching "Paranormal Activity" with no payoff.

So it was like watching "Paranormal Activity" then.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

All that steroid nonsense is horrid to read as someone in healthcare. Maybe I missed it in the quoted stuff but I'm expecting a "I'm on a statin in my 20's" type post (except they probably drop dead before they get the opportunity).

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

willie_dee posted:

Guys, I cannot tell; is this real or ironic?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No idea, but his corpse is gonna look swole AF when he has a heart attack at 37.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

willie_dee posted:

Tren is peak steroid abuse. The guys at my gym refuse to sell it to anyone who isn't already competition level because it is literally "Bipolar in a bottle". Based off that and everything posted in the thread about it, I'll never go near it. Testosterone and Testosterone replacement therapy will be mainstream in the next 10 years though. Just look at the documentaries Bigger Stronger Faster* (2008) and the new Icarus (2017) one.

Yah, no poo poo, like, as someone who's been diagnosed type 2 bipolar, all this tren poo poo just seems like an *instantly injectible mania state*:

"effective doses of this drug makes you go into completely full blown mania and you make bad decisions and your dick needs 24/7 attention until it's bleeding"

Yeah, it feels good when you're *up*, for those few weeks. Nobody is denying that. It's a loving amazing feeling, but it's not *normal* and you *will* come down and have to deal with the consequences of what you've done. It's no different for any other manic state.

**STOP**

You have an easy opportunity to make it stop. **You've chosen to do this to yourself**. I don't. I have to take drugs to make it stop happening in the first place!

Please don't suicide yourself when you can't get cow steroids for a few months. The down-swing from a manic episode is brutal if you're not prepared for it. The higher you fly the lower you fall.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Professor of Cats posted:

No one who posts in TCC is in any way sane.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Who What Now posted:

No idea, but his corpse is gonna look swole AF when he has a heart attack at 37.
The other option is that his thick gets too meaty and his quads or biceps wrench themselves from their skeletal ligaments in the middle of a sick pump.

There was a story like that in Maxim a long while back. Dude barely survived sepsis, his body shut down a few times, endocrine system was just bonkers. Went in looking like the Hulk, walked out of the hospital like Bruce Banner doing a Professor Xavier impersonation.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

willie_dee posted:

Please stop hurting your body with strength poison. You were fine before.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Professor of Cats posted:

Will is a tiny toy man who is dying to put on some size for once in his life

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i wonder why the movie is named Icarus

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

willie_dee posted:

sure you will you definitely don't have a mental illness about your body size

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok, i read up a summary of the movie Icarus

quote:

When filmmaker Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller. Dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic gold are all part of the exposure of the biggest scandal in sports history.

and i think it's actually saying doping/testosterone injections are bad, and not good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lmao

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"Often depicted in art, Icarus and his father attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings that his father constructed from feathers and wax. Icarus' father warns him first of complacency and then of hubris, asking that he fly neither too low nor too high, so the sea's dampness would not clog his wings or the sun's heat melt them. Icarus ignored his father's instructions not to fly too close to the sun; when the wax in his wings melted he tumbled out of the sky and fell into the sea where he drowned."

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

"These injections are awesome!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

sure you will you definitely don't have a mental illness about your body size

willie_dee posted:

I believe I have gotten the Bigorexia problem.

So I have hit my peak weight of 185lbs again with about 2 weeks left to go on this cycle. How ever this time im not bloated at all, which I guess is good, but I feel small compared to when I was 185lbs and bloated as gently caress. I have also had such a poo poo time in other areas of my life during this cycle that my food intake has been poo poo, barely hitting 2500cals some days, in comparison to last time when I was able to easily hit 3500 every drat day. I feel small apart from when I get back from the gym and im pumped up, and even then i'm not happy. I almost feel emotional like when I was on PCT last time and went slightly off the rails a bit (not bad, just not my usual perky self) only im more angry than sad.

Pro tip, don't do a cycle and in the middle of it sell your house and look at other properties where you and your partner argue over what to buy, and don't have half the people you work with leave at a company that then dumps the workload on you in a profession where letting down the clients is one thing you cannot do.

It's weird having people telling me I have gotten massive now compared to my 135lbs/145lbs self, when I feel so small still.