Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Constant posted:

she did look pretty badass in her white mage garb though

As demonstrated throughout this whole season, the raven Gendry sent arrived instantly at Dragonstone. Daenerys didn't save them till the next day cause she spent all the night picking the perfect dress for a heroic rescue in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I can't believe they actually had Gendry run to Eastwatch, send a raven to Dragonstone, and then have Dany fly back with her dragons in order to rescue the wight hunting party. I know we joke about teleportation but come on. That is thousands and thousands of miles.

And Benjen's death was laughably abrupt: "Hi Jon, bye Jon" *swarmed by wights*.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dragons are basically jets, so that makes perfect sense.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dragons are basically jets, so that makes perfect sense.

The raven too?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

In It For The Tank posted:

I can't believe they actually had Gendry run to Eastwatch, send a raven to Dragonstone, and then have Dany fly back with her dragons in order to rescue the wight hunting party. I know we joke about teleportation but come on. That is thousands and thousands of miles.

And Benjen's death was laughably abrupt: "Hi Jon, bye Jon" *swarmed by wights*.

That's how they did it? Couldn't they just have Dany arrive in a "I knew you'd probably need more help, great timing!" sorta way? That'd be more believable than a raven getting to her and her arriving all in that short of a time span.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's a full rip up on dailymotion. poo poo audio tho.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i think im just gonna wait til sunday

i've been cockteased enough tonight

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

InFlames235 posted:

That's how they did it? Couldn't they just have Dany arrive in a "I knew you'd probably need more help, great timing!" sorta way? That'd be more believable than a raven getting to her and her arriving all in that short of a time span.

Yeah I mean, there is basically a scene of her standing watching at the sea like "are they back yet? are they back yet? are they back yet?", it wouldn't be too hard to believe that she just grew impatient with anxiety and arrived at the best possible time. Specially if they are going the "everything is predestined and meant to happen" story telling route

Sometimes trying to justify something with logic ends up making it's stupidity more obvious.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Maybe the smart guys on Dragonstone remembered that Jon is a colossal idiot and would go about his plan in the worst possible way and convinced Danny to go rescue him before the raven, which flies at like 40 mph tops, was even sent.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They sent the warning via that ECHELON computer with broken legs.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Arglebargle III posted:

Maybe the smart guys on Dragonstone remembered that Jon is a colossal idiot and would go about his plan in the worst possible way and convinced Danny to go rescue him before the raven, which flies at like 40 mph tops, was even sent.

Your theory hinges on the falsehood that this show makes sense anymore.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

JBP posted:

They sent the warning via that ECHELON computer with broken legs.

That would have been a good thing too. Give him something to do this season other than spy on sexy times.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This night has taught me that if there's ever a real zombie outbreak, HBO better be hired to contain it cause they are really loving efficient.

A whole country saw the leak and yet they are somehow managing to nuke every stream out there. Kudos.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

lezard_valeth posted:

This night has taught me that if there's ever a real zombie outbreak, HBO better be hired to contain it cause they are really loving efficient.

A whole country saw the leak and yet they are somehow managing to nuke every stream out there. Kudos.

At one point in uni I found a really fun yet horrible fact, which is that as of ten years ago Spaniards spent more time in bars than the rest of Europe combined.

No wonder they can't upload a loving torrent, I suppose.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Euron for the Iron Throne, because everyone else is a loving idiot.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

lezard_valeth posted:

It's because dummies are uploading to video hosting services instead of just using torrents, dunno wtf is up with that.

In anyway Dailymotion is flooded with uploads right now, decent video quality with terrible sound though.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I went back and timed how long it is from the point where you first see Benjen on the horse to the moment he gets overwhelmed by the wights and it is almost exactly sixty seconds.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lezard_valeth posted:

The night has taught me that the people of r/freefolk think Emilia Clarke can act.

The most shocking spoiler of all ...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

well it looks like they spent a whole night just chilling until the dead realized the lake had refroze cuz Clegane hit one with a rock lol

also the NK was there the whole time watching and not doing poo poo until Danaerys came like he was specifically waiting for her

had special spears at the ready and everything way to go Dany

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I find it funny that so far the Night's King is just a better Qyburn. He can cast Multi Raise and his spear actually managed to kill a dragon.

e: wait, no, actually it's the other way around that's impressive. An old nerd managed to do the same things as an ancient ice demon, just in a much smaller scale.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
What if Qyburn is a white walker in disguise?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So the wights demonstrate they're sentient and mildly intelligent but 3 minutes later three hundred of them run into a frozen lake... incidentally, why would a frozen lake even slow them down?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ok i finally got to see the end

these fuckers have 4 huge lengths of chain, they were ready for and specifically wanted a dragon

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is Rhaegal okay? I swear I saw all three head up there, but all I saw at the end was Drogon flying around? I'm sure he's okay as well, but just didn't see him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zotix posted:

Is Rhaegal okay? I swear I saw all three head up there, but all I saw at the end was Drogon flying around? I'm sure he's okay as well, but just didn't see him.

yeah all three went and all three attacked, it kinda looked like Rhaegal split when Viserion ate it

the evac wasnt long after anyways

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

"Uncle Benjen!"

"Head for the pass"

:rip:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I felt bad after the episode. Not because I watched it early, or because characters are dying off, but because it was the first time that it actually felt like the show is actually coming to an end soon. I was there for the first episode and to see the whole thing starting to wrap up feels bad. Ya I know the whole season has been the beginning of the end, but this episode it was a giant step towards the end.

Benjen gone
Thoros gone
Viserion gone
WW#414312 gone

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 16, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Future S08 dialogue:

Sam, after reading one of the books he stole, which contains information about the leader of the White Walkers :"Man call him Night King and he is of the night".

I feel like that's the exact amount of fan service we can expect from the final season.

Also lol at Dany's only motivation for killing the Night King is personal revenge because he killed one of her kids.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 16, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I appreciate how a rider gives dragons +5 to evasion.

Also Jon will ride the dragon that is his father's namesake. Like poetry.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Also Jon will ride the dragon that is his father's namesake. Like poetry.

Dany is not named after Rhaegar.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Girl, you know Dany will be the one riding, like her handmaiden taught her many moons ago ...

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That spear-throwing looks really dumb. They should've just made it all magic (as in, he forms the spear with his mental powers and sends it in the air) if they can't get an actor who looks like he can actually throw a spear/javelin. Although I guess the explosion was magic, unless he hit the dragon in his fire storage or something.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Seriously the way the javelin's not pointed the way it's going in the second shot looks so bad. Way worse than the explosion or the Night King's stiff throw.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TeaJay posted:

That spear-throwing looks really dumb. They should've just made it all magic (as in, he forms the spear with his mental powers and sends it in the air) if they can't get an actor who looks like he can actually throw a spear/javelin. Although I guess the explosion was magic, unless he hit the dragon in his fire storage or something.

It looked to me like the spear burst Viserion's neck as he breathing fire so the flames just forcefully escaped from the new throat hole.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TeaJay posted:

Yeah, he just should have Sorceress Edea'd him tbh. Or have Viserion not be airborne.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hey at least he took the time to lead his shot!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Smug Rickon looks down from heaven :

"why didn't you fly SERPENTINE"

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What the gently caress's up with the audio on this leaked episode?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Smug Rickon looks down from heaven :

"why didn't you fly SERPENTINE"

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bloom posted:

What the gently caress's up with the audio on this leaked episode?

There's a better copy on the freefolk reddit now.

• Locked thread