Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

oregon and washington have big white supremacist populations

And Idaho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
islands of hippies surrounded by oceans of hyperracists

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Zikan posted:

we're really gonna need a term for America's hosed up violent and racist version of hikikomori cause i feel incel doesn't really really capture what they are
volkcels

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/athenogenes/status/896796167023079424

minutes later, in the same loving thread

https://twitter.com/pnin1957/status/897096464048017408

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Got curious if Ohio had anything of note

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36129021/confederate-civil-war-memorials-remain-standing-in-ohio

quote:

Confederate Capt. William C. Quantrill's grave is marked with a memorial in Dover in Tuscarawas County. Capt. Quantrill was originally buried in Kentucky, but his remains were moved to Dover in 1887.
A monument in Columbus at the Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery marks the site where 2260 Confederate soldiers are buried. The monument was erected in 1902.
A Confederate monument was erected on Johnson's Island in Lake Erie, north of Sandusky. The monument was built in 1910 and marks the location of a former Confederate prison site. More than 200 Confederate officers are buried in a cemetery on the island, according to the National Park Service. A statue of a Confederate soldier looks out over the graves.
In Warren County, a bronze plaque memorializes Robert E. Lee. The plaque was dedicated in 1928.

The Lee plaque should come down. Not sure how you deal with Confederate Veterans burial sites though.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/athenogenes/status/896799715857227776

GOLD

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Not sure how you deal with Confederate Veterans burial sites though.

A cemetary seems like the correct place to put dead men and dead ideas.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Yeah - I know that parts of WA, OR, ID are Redneck Wonderland.

I just didn't expect Confederate Statues here.

But - 2017, man.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Speaking of which....there's a Confederate statue being taken down, right now.

In Baltimore.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpJkmePQqdKj <---- livestream.

Nazis are PISSED....

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/pnin1957/status/897468249989943297

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

TheDon01 posted:

A cemetary seems like the correct place to put dead men and dead ideas.

Yeah same with battle sites, and museums

I've been to Manassas and Antietam. The entire area around those areas are very eerie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Got curious if Ohio had anything of note

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36129021/confederate-civil-war-memorials-remain-standing-in-ohio

The Lee plaque should come down. Not sure how you deal with Confederate Veterans burial sites though.
Gravesites should be left alone for the most part. Unless it's like Nathan Bedford Forrest's gravesite. Then by all means kick over the grave marker, dig up the body, poo poo in it's mouth. I'd acquit you.

The thing about most of these monuments that are going to start coming down one wayor another is that they were put up in the 10s, 20s, or later. After Birth of a Nation and the founding of the modern Klan. They're not really about commemorating lives lost but celebrating a bunch of racist lost cause bullshit. Stone Mountain for example wasn't actually finished until the early 60s.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if a confederate gravesite was built on indian burial grounds, and you bulldoze the gravesite and build a starbucks on top, what kind of ghosts do you get

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Calibanibal posted:

if a confederate gravesite was built on indian burial grounds, and you bulldoze the gravesite and build a starbucks on top, what kind of ghosts do you get

very energetic ones

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Qu Appelle posted:

In Baltimore.

Nazis are PISSED....

i see the statue is of a horse

i'm surprised pence hasn't ordered the secret service to protect that horse ("secret" in "secret service" actually stands for "secret" horse sex, wheras the "service" part stands for non-secret horse sex but lol at pence because that poo poo was never a secret lmbo NEIGHHH)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Qu Appelle posted:

In Baltimore.

Nazis are PISSED....

lol david duke was just in the stream chat saying "you may take away the statues but you can never take away our pride" :mmmhmm:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
taking down confederate statues is fun, but will it solve racism?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

deadgoon posted:

taking down confederate statues is fun, but will it solve racism?

Only one way to know for sure.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/JMcfeels/status/897657175673274368

Followed by: STOP-Homophobia.com :stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Aug 16, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

logikv9 posted:

islands of hippies surrounded by oceans of hyperracists

:discourse:
:omarcomin:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Qu Appelle posted:

In Baltimore.

Nazis are PISSED....

quote:

but you guys want to leave up a statue of lenin? lol:smug:

:getin:

quote:

americans are weak... russia will crush you

America is weak because it isnt bigoted enough i guess?

quote:

@Nick820
Let's tear down all pyramids next in Egypt, they were built with slaves :smuggo:

:fuckoff:

quote:

@PhoebeBeach
Just because you value history, doesn't make you a racist

a retard whos name i couldnt be bothered to remember posted:

remove mlk next cus he offends me

quote:

@jinglebellies
Slavery was not the reason for the civil war - it was state vs fed rights - slavery was only part
:qqsay:

quote:

@paperwalls0ftime
Can't wait to hear the cries when statues of black figures are torn down
:qqsay:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 09:13 on Aug 16, 2017

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I was going to dig into a delicious Scotch I bought tonight, but instead, I got drunk on white tears.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
You mean cum?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
If you get drunk from cum you need to shoot for a higher class of man.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
also lmao these pasty fuckin idiots

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

If you get drunk from cum you need to shoot for a higher class of man.

I'm short. I can only reach so high.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at the scrambling from alt right leaders to find any way to distance themselves from them being responsible for that woman dying to the point they're claiminig its the "alt-lefts" fault

it took far too long for tech companies to ban these idiots from making money

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Some bizarro Persian fascist who is friends with Richard Spencer and who wants Star Trek technology to overthrow the Islamic Republic has resigned from the alt-right:

https://jasonrezajorjani.com/blog/2017/8/15/my-resignation-from-the-alt-right

Just in case anyone missed that one haha weeee wowza

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Jose posted:

they arent doing NEARLY GOOD enough. Amazon just flatout doesn't give a poo poo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Comment from a Nazi forum:

quote:

as I see it, the alt right are a bunch of guys trying to save the Titanic with buckets. with swastikas on them.
Ok, I laughed.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Calibanibal posted:

lol no one ever digs up white person graves. in phoenix there are poo poo loads of pioneer cemetaries and poo poo in the middle of town, not a one disturbed.

the airport, most of downtown and 50% of the streets are on native burial grounds that got dug the gently caress up though. along with some suburbs for whitey to flighty too.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Despite all the oorah about how great they are, the Nazis know they need a rebranding and one idea being floated is a more "American" look. Red white and blue, etc. Kinda hard to do when your leaders have been permanently branded and good luck convincing Heimbach and et. al.

They've got image problems.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Jose posted:

lol at the scrambling from alt right leaders to find any way to distance themselves from them being responsible for that woman dying to the point they're claiminig its the "alt-lefts" fault

All these pivots away from the alt-right (that are transparently just about the name rather than any change of ideology) makes a lot more sense when you realise it's entirely due to the fear of losing revenue streams

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Despite all the oorah about how great they are, the Nazis know they need a rebranding and one idea being floated is a more "American" look. Red white and blue, etc. Kinda hard to do when your leaders have been permanently branded and good luck convincing Heimbach and et. al.

They've got image problems.

literal nazi is a bad look

like half the whining about "sjws" is people not wanting to have to think of themselves as racist so putting up a big "i'm really loving racist" sign might not draw those people in

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

marco is going to primary trump for 2020 and lose big league

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

literal nazi is a bad look

like half the whining about "sjws" is people not wanting to have to think of themselves as racist so putting up a big "i'm really loving racist" sign might not draw those people in

they dont like being thought of as nazis :v:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if anything trump openly siding with the nazis is doing the alt right more damage

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

increasingly nervous man posted:

if anything trump openly siding with the nazis is doing the alt right more damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hahaha