Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Trading Draft Picks in a Redraft league...

Is it a good idea?

I run a 10 man redraft league that's awesome. 8 years into it. Same guys.

Is there a point in trading draft picks in a redraft league?

Will Yahoo let you do it during the draft?

If I trade my 2nd and 3rd round pick for someone's first pick, isn't that gonna make the rosters uneven? I guess it would have to be a 2nd & 3rd for their 1st & 18th pick or so on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Avoiding Washington's backfield seems like a good idea in general.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

Is there a point in trading draft picks in a redraft league?

Sure. It's a strategic play.

89 posted:

Will Yahoo let you do it during the draft?

Are you doing a live draft(in person), or online? If it's online I think you would have to edit the draft picks before the draft started. If it's a live draft(in person) that you are running, just change the picks manually on your draft board.

89 posted:

If I trade my 2nd and 3rd round pick for someone's first pick, isn't that gonna make the rosters uneven? I guess it would have to be a 2nd & 3rd for their 1st & 18th pick or so on?

Has to be an equal number of picks sent & received. So yes, you would send a 2nd & 3rd for their 1st and 18th (or whatever two picks you agree on).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why? This news would make Kelley an underrated volume play until Perine adjusts. His value may depreciate as the season progresses but he probably starts the year playing as a top 20 back.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bit for Matt Jones back in the day.

Should have learned

Drafted Samaje

Never learned

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tiptoes posted:

Why? This news would make Kelley an underrated volume play until Perine adjusts. His value may depreciate as the season progresses but he probably starts the year playing as a top 20 back.

I'm not necessarily avoiding Kelley, but I'm not actively bidding on him either. If I strike out on other players or he falls to me at a decent price, I'll go for it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Rob Kelley is not very good. He wasn't good enough to avoid having someone drafted with a high pick, and while he might very well have some value there's an opportunity cost to be aware of. Looking at FFC's ADP Kelley is going around Terrance West and Thomas Rawls in standard (plus Stefon Diggs and Pierre Garcon), and ahead of Duke Johnson, Tyrell Williams, and Thomas Rawls in PPR. I would rather have all of those players than Kelley.

I'm also concerned about the very real possibility that Washington's offense might fall apart. This is probably just me as a Redskins fan, but we can't have nice things and it wouldn't surprise me to see the whole thing collapse.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I have a deep keeper/pseudo dynasty draft this weekend and am trying to finalize my 6 keepers. It's a 12 team .5ppr starting QB, 2RB, 2WR, W/T flex, TE, Superflex, and assorted IDP. And I need to keep 6 of these guys. No real penalty, just different lengths of time they can be kept.

Philip Rivers
Tyrod Taylor
Allen Robinson
Lamar Miller
Todd Gurley
Dez Bryant
Jamison Crowder
Sterling Shepard
Willie Snead
Delanie Walker

I trimmed the guys with no value. I'm drafting at 4 and have a strong chance of a guy like Hilton or a QB in the Manning level, and a low to moderate chance of Wilson or Ryan making it to me. The obvious option is to keep the top 6 guys listed. The problem is I sorta don't like them anymore. I keep staring at at and thinking "Sure, Hilton, Dez, ARob is a good receiving corps." Man. I'm going to be staring at my team all season and hating myself for rolling out gurley and ARob aren't I?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I need to do my yearly rookie evaluation report to save people from plodders like C.J. Prosise and Devontae Booker. Samaje is in the same spot, Oklahoma only used him because Mixon sucked between the tackles.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

The obvious option is to keep the top 6 guys listed.

Yes, no real options here, keep those 6. If you can trade a 2 for 1 to upgrade one of those guys and open up another spot, Crowder or Snead would be next up.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Doltos posted:

I need to do my yearly rookie evaluation report to save people from plodders like C.J. Prosise and Devontae Booker. Samaje is in the same spot, Oklahoma only used him because Mixon sucked between the tackles.

Man what.

(source)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Don't be throwin stats you know that Mixon was almost exclusively used in that offense out of shotgun and short passes.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm also concerned about the very real possibility that Washington's offense might fall apart. This is probably just me as a Redskins fan, but we can't have nice things and it wouldn't surprise me to see the whole thing collapse.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's worried about this.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Doltos posted:

Don't be throwin stats you know that Mixon was almost exclusively used in that offense out of shotgun and short passes.

That's OU's entire offense.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
What are everyone's thoughts on Ted Ginn this year?

I've always stayed away from him because he isn't consistent, but being on the Saints and them needing to replace 110+ targets with Cooks gone, is he worth a 10th-12th round pick if I miss out on Thomas or Snead earlier?

Our league is a measly .1 ppr if that actually changes anything.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Might as well have made it a standard league imo.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Yes, no real options here, keep those 6. If you can trade a 2 for 1 to upgrade one of those guys and open up another spot, Crowder or Snead would be next up.

Somehow managed to move some stuff for Baldwin for a lot less than expected. I can ditch ARob and trot out Dez, TY, and Baldwin all year and just laugh and laugh.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

Somehow managed to move some stuff for Baldwin for a lot less than expected. I can ditch ARob and trot out Dez, TY, and Baldwin all year and just laugh and laugh.

Man, I dunno. Am I crazy for probably preferring Robinson to Dez in a 6 keeper league? In full on dynasty I definitely do, but I might even here.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Man, I dunno. Am I crazy for probably preferring Robinson to Dez in a 6 keeper league? In full on dynasty I definitely do, but I might even here.

I keep looking at Marrone saying they want to limit Bortles this year and thinking that bodes real poorly for ARob.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RVProfootballer posted:

Not high on either but camp reports out of Jacksonville are pretty dire re: Bortles.

“Fuckin’ keep the poo poo in bounds, bro. Goddamn.”

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Not high on either but camp reports out of Jacksonville are pretty dire re: Bortles.

"sign kap!"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If there is one place in America that would definitely benefit from Colin "I heart Castro" Kaepernick, it's Jacksonville, Florida. Hooooly christ, do I want to see the fallout from that. My god. Just think of it. (Actually Miami would obviously be the best spot, but for some reason they went with Cutler, I can't imagine why.)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's worried about this.

On paper it makes no sense. Cousins has shown he's a solid quarterback, the offensive line remains high quality, and while we lost a few pieces there are still plenty of weapons. But there's just something about Washington that's designed to make life miserable, and given the expectation that it's all going to fall apart at the end of the season I can't help but imagine that they'll get a head start on things.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

I keep looking at Marrone saying they want to limit Bortles this year and thinking that bodes real poorly for ARob.

Boosh! posted:

"Fuckin' keep the poo poo in bounds, bro. Goddamn."

I know, I know. I said it originally in the sense that we're not talking Robinson in a vacuum, we're talking him vs. Dez, and I remembered him having a much poorer 2016 than he really did. Checked his gamelogs just now and I'm looking forward to a healthy 2017 from him!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not too sure about the camp talk about limiting Bortles. The thing is, your season strategy fucks off to nowhere as soon as you're entering the third quarter down three touchdowns. Unless Jacksonville's new strategy means being ahead in points a hell of a lot more than they were in the last two years, they are going to face a lot of game situations where they need to pass the ball.

So I think the only way they limit Bortles' passing is by winning games on the ground (and I don't believe they will do that), or by benching him (for... Chad Henne, lol).

I'm not grabbing Bort early, but I still see him as a potential late-round pickup, lottery ticket, or (in particular) useable fourth QB in two-QB formats. That's why I grabbed him in the Fish Bowl.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Tough question but which group would you prefer .5PPR

Team A:

David Johnson
Jay Ajayi
TY Hilton
Dez Bryant

Team B:

whoever is left of Odell Beckham Jr or AJ Green
Jay Ajayi
TY Hilton
Jordan Howard

BIG CAVEAT being I lose David Johnson after this year whereas I'd be trading for 3 years of OBJ. I guess I'm asking if Team A is good enough to win a chip with David Johnson putting up close to 2016 #s and Dez improving on his a bit.

EDIT: Obviously it's a good enough to start but I'm leaning toward making the trade since it's 1 year of getting hosed over by fantasy bullshit vs 3 years of good opportunity to field a good team.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 16, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

On paper it makes no sense. Cousins has shown he's a solid quarterback, the offensive line remains high quality, and while we lost a few pieces there are still plenty of weapons. But there's just something about Washington that's designed to make life miserable, and given the expectation that it's all going to fall apart at the end of the season I can't help but imagine that they'll get a head start on things.

The receivers are a pretty huge question mark. I could easily see Pryor-Doctson-Crowder-Reed be one of the best groups in football, but could just easily see a season where every receiver is pedestrian and Reed isn't playing for a dozen games.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

The receivers are a pretty huge question mark. I could easily see Pryor-Doctson-Crowder-Reed be one of the best groups in football, but could just easily see a season where every receiver is pedestrian and Reed isn't playing for a dozen games.

Is Doctson ever going to suit up? He's injured again this preseason, right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Boosh! posted:

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/897473291950186496/video/1

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Our league is a measly .1 ppr if that actually changes anything.

What? Why? My head hurts

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.05 per carry

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I am once again falling for the Hard Knocks effect...strongly considering drafting Evans over Julio at #5. Talk me out of it?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

I am once again falling for the Hard Knocks effect...strongly considering drafting Evans over Julio at #5. Talk me out of it?

Mike Evans has bad yards after catch

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Mike Evans has bad yards after catch

wow he was 66th in yards after the catch! I didn't realize that

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

I had both last year and I certainly liked Evans more. He was more consistent and was a stud for most of the year. Julio was kinda boom-or-bust and was out during the playoffs which really soured me on him, but of course he might stay healthy this year. Granted Evans did hardly anything during playoffs...

I don't know though, Shanahan leaving can't be good for Julio can it? I get the YAC arguement and I've seen Evans drop plenty of balls, but it could go either way honestly.

I watched the Bengals/Bucs pre-season game and, for what it's worth, they were targeting Evans as much as ever. I still think he'll be a top 5 WR.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 16, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

ya not great

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

MacheteZombie posted:

1st in height!

I don't get why Ryan doesn't toss up those pee wee league Jameis endzone floaters to JJ. Julio should be double digit TDs every year, easy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Well there is this, which is encouraging:

Rotoworld posted:

Falcons.com's Kelsey Conway reports the team has shown a "real emphasis" on getting Julio Jones more red-zone touches during camp.

New OC Steve Sarkisian said that was his goal all the way back in June. After being targeted just nine times in the red zone and six times inside the 10 last season, Jones should see more work near the goal line this year, which will hopefully allow him to score more than the six touchdowns he managed in 2016. Jones is locked in as a top-three fantasy receiver. Aug 14 - 12:32 PM

gently caress it, taking Julio and maybe I'll look for DJax later on

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Don't let hardknocks win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

Well there is this, which is encouraging:

I dunno about djax. There's a lot of competition in Tampa.

He'd be good in bestball maybe but good luck figuring out what week to start him in redraft. Maybe he'd be good as a depth pick.

• Locked thread