Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

what happened to Jeff Green

Jeff Green actually finished 39th in the XFINITY race, nearly taking the spot from Morgan Shepherd. Just posted the full story here with tons of stats.

Among the stats, Joe Nemechek and John Hunter Nemechek became the first father/son pair to finish in the final 2 spots in a NASCAR points race. That includes Allisons, Earnhardts, Pettys, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dentist toy box posted:

That's a good idea and if definitely gonna buy it for myself if no one else gets it.

Yo Iospace can I get the NASCAR and indycar gangtags back?

When I get home yeah

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cygni posted:

If I remember right there's like a Facebook page full of Dale Earnhardt antifa memes and it's amazing.

Holy poo poo Dale turned left after all

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

shame on an IGA posted:

:perfect:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

shame on an IGA posted:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

shame on an IGA posted:

:vince:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

shame on an IGA posted:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

LASTCAR posted:

Among the stats, Joe Nemechek and John Hunter Nemechek became the first father/son pair to finish in the final 2 spots in a NASCAR points race. That includes Allisons, Earnhardts, Pettys, etc.

Correction - Richard and Kyle Petty took the last 2 spots of the 1988 TranSouth 500 at Darlington.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

shame on an IGA posted:

gently caress Kyle Busch. this is the thread title

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MTJ clinches the regular season championship at Bristol as long as he doesn't lose 8 points to Good Kyle.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20351103/truex-position-clinch-regular-season-championship

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

quote:

Winning the 26-race regular season championship is significant not only for prestige,

what

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I think you get points or something to do with seeding or some other dumb poo poo.

You also get a trophy and $$

Or at least that was supposed to be the case at one time when they were dicking around with the format in the offseason. It may have not made it out of the talks to actual policy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was looking through reviews of Gamecube racing games (as you do) and found a top 10 list from 2005 and this might entertain some people.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress yeah bristol trucks

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Trucks breaking track speed records in pratice

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NBCSN: Your Home For Motorsports.

...except we can't show Modifieds at Bristol live because SPARTAN RACE is more important at 6pm on a Wednesday night.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
gently caress nbcsn

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

there are no waltrips on nbcsn though

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
rutledge wood

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress nbcsn

what did u do this time

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

rutledge wood

he isn't in the booth during races though, much easier to avoid.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

he isn't in the booth during races though, much easier to avoid.

Yet.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

rutledge wood

Viking you loving rock.

Do I -need- to post the segment where he's mocking David Pearson for smoking a cigarette in the 70's?

"Yeah so what if the cars were death mobiles and the drivers were lucky if they walked away on any given weekend? LOL DUH CAR IS HOT AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WOULD DO THAT A-HYUCK"

He's a clown.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What would be great is if MRN and the race on tv were actually in sync but they are not.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dentist toy box posted:

what did u do this time

look its viking and there was death by automobile over the past weekend

ill let you put two and two together

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:chloe:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
marked by the taint of spurdo yet again

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I'm glad I got rid of my Dodge now, I drive a Ford like people who get paid to run people over do

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Smoke drives a tractor now, I don't think Ford makes those.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

its been very contentious in GBS over Trump's remarks after the Charlottesville protests and murder and one dude had his avatar changed like 14 times in an hour

in retrospect I could have phrased that better

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

its been very contentious in GBS over Trump's remarks after the Charlottesville protests and murder and one dude had his avatar changed like 14 times in an hour

in retrospect I could have phrased that better

I don't care to bring politics right now into this thread but the mood in this country has been incredibly dark and angry lately.

It's also not exactly fun when you log into twitter and seeing that I'm seeing people angry at racing related figures supporting "candidate x" or "position y".

edit: It shouldn't be shocking that people from the south or people with a lot of money support a certain side of the political aisle. I'll leave it at that.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 16, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Plenty of racing related deaths we could discuss

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
we could talk about how a Cup guy is gonna cause a huge wreck tonight instead

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I honestly don't give a poo poo who's in tonight's race I just want to see some close racing at Bristol in Trucks

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Trucks at bristol usually delivers

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bubba's win marked as encumbered for an L1 penalty

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/143234-wallace-s-mis-truck-win-encumbered-by-penalty

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lol that's a slick cheat imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sucks but I'm glad teams are pushing

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

lol that's a slick cheat imo

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

njsykora posted:

I was looking through reviews of Gamecube racing games (as you do) and found a top 10 list from 2005 and this might entertain some people.

2005 was not as good as 03 or 04 but it was the last good ea nascar game, worth checking out if you can. e: i just realized you could say this about actual nascar as well lmao

though dirt to daytona still reigns supreme of course.

• Locked thread