Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
twin peaks is EXTREMELY anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Twin Peaks is so anime that FWWM made money in Japan and nowhere else.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
tv show twin peaks season 1, 2
set with a primarily high school cast and their families
with a quirky main character who is awesome in a disarming way (not an arnold swarziger type), and a major heart throb
some weird poo poo happens that makes very little sense
large ensemble cast
repetition of soundtrack over and over
a 'slice of life'
show within a show that satirizes the show

face it twin peaks is p much live action anime

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You forgot how the coolest character rides a motorcycle.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
o poo poo yeah

and p much everything in twin peaks is because magical girl laura palmer

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
the noise that ben horne hears in his office is pretty similar to the music that plays when the giant visits cooper after he got shot in s2e1. it's a different pitch but has a similar quality. i wonder if we'll get a resolution to that because i'd kinda forgotten about it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey did anyone ever confirm if that boiler room James is running around in is the same one from the International pilot?

If it is than the what the hell does it mean?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I loved the James scene because when the brit guy starts his story, it looks like is gonna be something really mundane and irrelevant to the bigger plots and than all of sudden is about the White Lodge and gardener gloves that gives superpowers

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Bad Coop will have to arm wrestle glove man in the humming basement of the Great Northern. The super fist will punch him so hard that Bob will fly out of him. Bad Coop turns into a doorknob. They'll then use the international pilot ending footage and FWWM outtakes to splice together a showdown between Bob and David Bowie, who arrives via the humming electrical current. Meanwhile in Vegas, Dougie poops his pants.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
stop ruining twin peaks you fucks.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

so laura is the bug frog thing and... she gave birth to herself through her mother

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tammy is good and you can all fix your hearts or die

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ArmZ posted:

Tammy is good and you can all fix your hearts or die

:agreed:

she is hot and strange and I love how she always looks kinda unconfortable

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Elias_Maluco posted:

she is hot and strange and I love how she always looks kinda unconfortable

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Team Tammy 4 life

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Escobarbarian posted:

Team Tammy 4 life

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

On a non-anime note, has anyone talked about THIS poo poo:

So uh... That gigantic, hosed-up scary looking finger is of course the ring finger of the left hand. Or the "center of spiritual power" in a person, to paraphrase Gordon Cole. And so, by this I am taking it that Sarah Palmer, or whatever inhabits her, has grown EXTREMELY loving strong in power in the recent years.

Also, I don't know if any of you guys noticed this while watching the arm-wresting match (I bet plenty of you did) but Evil Cooper's hands are a distinctly dark, strange color. We know he looks more tanned, but his hands don't look tanned. They look... Grey. Seriously. If you look at the pics, there definitely used makeup or something to make his hands a particular, darker color.

By comparison, when you see Dougie's hands they look REALLY different - totally normal and delicate and the same color as any normal healthy person's hands. So it's not that Kyle Maclachlan just has skin that looks weird. I don't know if it even means anything at all or if it's an aesthetic choice, but his hand just looked... really, really dead in that arm-wrestling scene, oddly.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Tammy Is Fine

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Tammy was always cool

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Raxivace posted:

Hey did anyone ever confirm if that boiler room James is running around in is the same one from the International pilot?

If it is than the what the hell does it mean?
It means we're gonna finally see a DEATH BAG!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tammy is a really funny joke that it seems like a bunch of people don't get.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

After reading the interview with her actress I don't really have an issue with Tammy anymore. I thought Lynch was directing her to pose like a model and casted her just cause he wanted to gently caress her or something and I thought it was kinda skeevy. Now that i know she's just a bad actress because she's never acted before I can just tune her out since she's done basically nothing to begin with.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Freddy wouldn't have to use his magic glove if Ray hadn't screwed up and had just put the ring on Evil Cooper after shooting him.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Season 4, Tammy and James team up as the Blue Rose team, with their trusty sidekick Freddie the Glove.

Edit: Dale Cooper becomes mayor of Twin Peaks and pretty much acts like Kyle MacLachlan did in Portlandia, but with more Cooper and coffee. He's constantly calling the Blue Rose team to solve supernatural problems and getting cats out of trees.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 16, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zmej posted:

Season 4, Tammy and James team up as the Blue Rose team, with their trusty sidekick Freddie the Glove.

gently caress it, I'm in.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Gordon and Albert are old as gently caress and David Lynch is smart enough to realize it. I think Tammy's role will become a lot more evident when the fbi finally catches up to booper and cooper and they need to take physical action as opposed to investigative action.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

season 4? no. more like 70's detective prequel series using magic

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

You think I'm gonna care about season 2 of Legion? Yeah I don't really gently caress with that amateur hour stuff anymore.

Watching tv dramas not made by actual directors is a waste of time

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Gordon and Albert are old as gently caress and David Lynch is smart enough to realize it. I think Tammy's role will become a lot more evident when the fbi finally catches up to booper and cooper and they need to take physical action as opposed to investigative action.

I'm imagining Tammy holding a gun on someone while gyrating her hips

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm imagining Tammy holding a gun on someone while gyrating her hips

Heels slowly sinking into the soft earth.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Please stop I can only get so erect

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know why people have strong opinions on Tammy one way or the other, she has barely done anything.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"I don't know why people have strong opinions about _________" is the worst goon meme

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi, tell me if I'm dumb or not, but I recently saw FWWM for the first time and also have watched the david bowie / scene above the convenience store bit like 5x recently since it's amazing, and:

Cooper says to Albert he had a bad dream, leaves Albert's room, walks into the hallway, then walks into the security office off the hallway. He starts looking at the monitor in the security room, then leaving the security room to stand in the hallway in front of the camera which captures what is shown on the monitor. When he is in the hall, he's shown on the monitor. When he walks back into the security room he's not shown on the monitor any more. This establishes that there's no delay or anything. Then Bowie walks in and you see him step out of the lift IRL, and he also appears on the monitor walking down the hall... walking past cooper, who is still standing in the security room watching himself on the monitor. I always thought this was just some super twin peaks time weirdness or something, but I just realised, it could actually be that cooper and his doppelganger are both in the building. Cooper came back into the room and looked panicked and bowie started shouting 'who do you think is standing there' then that was overlaid on the convenience store scene so we move on from that weirdness really quickly, but maybe cooper had seen his doppelganger on the monitor (which we saw happening), then saw him in the hallway as he walked back into Albert's office?? Or it was in fact the doppelganger in the room? What's the theory on this? I know I've seen people say "oh bowie is from another time and so he clearly thinks it's the doppelganger" but maybe that's not the case?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

redreader posted:

Hi, tell me if I'm dumb or not, but I recently saw FWWM for the first time and also have watched the david bowie / scene above the convenience store bit like 5x recently since it's amazing, and:

Cooper says to Albert he had a bad dream, leaves Albert's room, walks into the hallway, then walks into the security office off the hallway. He starts looking at the monitor in the security room, then leaving the security room to stand in the hallway in front of the camera which captures what is shown on the monitor. When he is in the hall, he's shown on the monitor. When he walks back into the security room he's not shown on the monitor any more. This establishes that there's no delay or anything. Then Bowie walks in and you see him step out of the lift IRL, and he also appears on the monitor walking down the hall... walking past cooper, who is still standing in the security room watching himself on the monitor. I always thought this was just some super twin peaks time weirdness or something, but I just realised, it could actually be that cooper and his doppelganger are both in the building. Cooper came back into the room and looked panicked and bowie started shouting 'who do you think is standing there' then that was overlaid on the convenience store scene so we move on from that weirdness really quickly, but maybe cooper had seen his doppelganger on the monitor (which we saw happening), then saw him in the hallway as he walked back into Albert's office?? Or it was in fact the doppelganger in the room? What's the theory on this? I know I've seen people say "oh bowie is from another time and so he clearly thinks it's the doppelganger" but maybe that's not the case?

watch missing pieces. hes teleporting and confused about the date of 1989.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
So Jeffries can teleport and time travel, but doppelgangers can't? I've watched that scene from the missing pieces, but not the entire missing pieces itself. Also what you typed didn't address what I was asking about, which is 'why are there two coopers'? It's got to be a doppelganger in the hallway (or the original cooper you see in the scene is one and the guy in the hallway is the real one) or a glitch in time. If it's a glitch in time, fine, since that's when Jeffries appears. But also he was ranting about the doppelganger, so it's a possibility that that was the case.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I don't think it's clear one way or the other if it's actually two Coopers in the FBI office. But my thought is that when Jeffries exited the elevator, it caused a glitch in time which is why Cooper (likely non-dopple Coop) is shown on the monitor, it's him from a few moments ago since regular time stopped/jumped back a bit when Jeffries appeared. He asked "Who do you think this is there?" because he's seen the future where there IS Dopple Coop. In the context of FWWM in 1992, I don't think there are supposed to be two Coopers in the office, but it looks like that might be changed a bit coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

redreader posted:

So Jeffries can teleport and time travel, but doppelgangers can't? I've watched that scene from the missing pieces, but not the entire missing pieces itself. Also what you typed didn't address what I was asking about, which is 'why are there two coopers'? It's got to be a doppelganger in the hallway (or the original cooper you see in the scene is one and the guy in the hallway is the real one) or a glitch in time. If it's a glitch in time, fine, since that's when Jeffries appears. But also he was ranting about the doppelganger, so it's a possibility that that was the case.

It's not so much that Jeffries can teleport as it is Jeffries does teleport. I don't think he has any control over it.

Either way, I think it's safe to assume that the Coop on the monitor is supposed to represent the doppelganger based on the black eyes and such, but the view on the monitor was in black and white iirc so it's hard to tell.