Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Soulex posted:

Davinson Sanchez sounds fake but Pape Cheikh Diop doesn't?

Nah, thats just every senegalse footballer that has some combination of those names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I'd need inspiration if I had to live in Stoke tbh

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

GFFN is reporting that Juventus will announce the signing of Blaise Matuidi tomorrow

If it were a few years ago that would be a fantastic deal but he's past 30 now, and as we remember Pirlo was past his prime at 31

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Why is a diop always a pape

Is it not the African equivalent of like "Erikson" or "Henderson" which derives from "son of" from generations ago.

That's your history lesson for today

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/VillarrealCF/status/897781992674263040

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
who wants KPB?
https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/897760887402004482

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Already signed with Frankfurt apparently

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Everton fan at work:

"Yes, Sigurdsson is exactly who we need to break into the top 4" :downs:

He was not being sarcastic either.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not actually a big deal, unfortunately. Dude just wants to be closer to his family.

You'd expect "irreversible personal reasons" to mean he impregnated a girl or something

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
goddamn rakitic would be an absolutely massive signing for LFC. I feel like he's a better player than Cooter, am I off in thinking that?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bewbies posted:

goddamn rakitic would be an absolutely massive signing for LFC. I feel like he's a better player than Cooter, am I off in thinking that?
He is, he's just much older and not Brazilian so likely half the value.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

British tabloids claiming that a swap deal might happen means that it definitely won't and its not even being considered.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If any club is dumb enough to do that swap deal it's Barca

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'd need inspiration if I had to live in Stoke tbh

Ummm Stoke is the european city of culture 202something. A top top city full of culture, betting stores, pound shops and ASBOs. A lovely place. Someone rescue me from this hellhole.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
u should be more stoked

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
any team ever managed by Pulis is pointless and boring

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
dont sign your posts

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
There are reports that Barcelona bought Paulinho because Bartomeu is doing development deals in China, and he did this as a bung to Guangzhou's owners, as they are developing projects he is trying to become a partner in.

Barca even released a statement today denying it, which means it's got to be true imo.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
never believe anything until it's officially denied

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Matuidi was just photographed holding up a Juve scarf in Turin, so that's that for midfield reinforcements I guess.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Matuidi was just photographed holding up a Juve scarf in Turin, so that's that for midfield reinforcements I guess.

Krychowiak is trying to move to the EPL too, allegedly, so PSG's plan for the season is Neymar plus a depleted midfield

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Krychowiak is trying to move to the EPL too, allegedly, so PSG's plan for the season is Neymar plus a depleted midfield

Weird, I haven't heard any Arsenal fans demanding his purchase. Is he not very good in FIFA?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

VAN DIJK 'NOT FOR SALE'

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger is adamant that Virgil van Dijk is "not for sale in this window".

The defender has handed in a transfer request and speculation continues to link him with a potential move to Liverpool or Chelsea.

But Krueger has told Press Association Sport: "Virgil is not for sale in this window and it's not personal.

"It's not about him, it's about an overall much, much, much bigger picture - a change of course for Southampton. That's one player in this whole equation of 25 and it is the visible one, but for us it's the principle and it's the path and it's the statement we need to make to get to a new space as a club.

"We are very, very adamant about carrying this through."

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Modern slavery IMO. Let the man follow his dream.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Xabi posted:

Eh, we shouldnt really be slinging much shade considering we are doing the same to Coutinho

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
An entire continent and the only good Centre Back is in prison in southern England. European football is dead.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

wicka posted:

Weird, I haven't heard any Arsenal fans demanding his purchase. Is he not very good in FIFA?

He is poo poo. Spent most of last season on the bench and then in reserves. He's so bad we dropped him from the national team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

A good lad who played in a bad team and did his best with the meager poo poo he had to work with. I hope he does well.

Would have him back at Milan in a heartbeat. I don't care if he's poo poo now.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

i assume this post is ironical, but i swear i see this "slavery" said all the time all over the internet with regard to teams holding players to their contracts, what is with that?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

i assume this post is ironical, but i swear i see this "slavery" said all the time all over the internet with regard to teams holding players to their contracts, what is with that?

Its a joke.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jul/11/manchesterunited.premierleague1

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

mackintosh posted:

He is poo poo. Spent most of last season on the bench and then in reserves. He's so bad we dropped him from the national team.

Yes, exactly this. He was fine being benched to draw his ridiculous Qatarbucks salary but apparently PSG doesn't agree, but for some reason they're having difficulty finding people willing to take him!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Sky has City going for Jonny "loving" Evans :negative:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Good on Southampton, more teams should tell players having a transfer strop to get hosed

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Krychowiak was a beast for Sevilla, hard to understand the degradation

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

pik_d posted:

Sky has City going for Jonny "loving" Evans :negative:

He's actually better than a number of their defenders, wouldn't really want to see it happen but could hardly blame him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Paperhouse posted:

He's actually better than a number of their defenders, wouldn't really want to see it happen but could hardly blame him

You'll be saying this right up until he signs for City though, then he'll have always been poo poo and if he wasn't why didn't United keep him?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm assuming we're now going to get loads of pundits coming out and saying they should let him go for the good of his career now right?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine if your boss said "no you can't go to do the same job elsewhere with better people for more money" and the rules backed them up. I wouldn't show up for training either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Vegetable posted:

Not actually a big deal, unfortunately. Dude just wants to be closer to his family.

You'd expect "irreversible personal reasons" to mean he impregnated a girl or something

Yeah, Cassanno territory

• Locked thread