Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

AnoHito posted:

Give me Delinquent Girl x President or give me death!

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

You did not just say that

i absolutely did, what are you gonna do about it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I'm not so much a fan of that one either.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Sours the show a bit.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I love how it took exactly one text for the sister to give away that she was texting from her brother's phone.

Also lovesick girl who thinks she has a cold is adorable.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Patricia needs to show up in Tsurezure already

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

i absolutely did, what are you gonna do about it

Send over Elizabeth from Magi to fulfill your request.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yuki (Red-haired girl) and the Furuya siblings are good, but they have nothing on the dumb Manzai couple (Kana and Chiaki?).

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Yuki (Red-haired girl) and the Furuya siblings are good, but they have nothing on the dumb Manzai couple (Kana and Chiaki?).

Yuki is an expert troll, I very much approve of her.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 16, 2017

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Droyer posted:

WTF do you think the Bechdel test is.

is it "does the pasta featured in a work of media have a variety of different sauces"?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Zetsubou-san posted:

is it "does the pasta featured in a work of media have a variety of different sauces"?

No, that's a bechamel test.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yuki is an expert troll, I very much approve of her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Does Japanese have the same "sleeping together" colloquialism that English does? I'm wondering how much of that conversation was changed to make sense in English.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 16, 2017

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

DoubleDonut posted:

She will, she's in the opening.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

K. Flaps posted:

She will, she's in the opening.
But will she be okay with sushi?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i saw the vanity license plate WARK today

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san posted:

i saw the vanity license plate WARK today
Neat! :)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Does Japanese have the same "sleeping together" colloquialism that English does? I'm wondering how much of that conversation was changed to make sense in English.

From what I remember watching the episode last night, yes its the same.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm pretty sure the implications of two people "sleeping together" is a universal concept, yes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

I'm pretty sure the implications of two people "sleeping together" is a universal concept, yes.
Unless you're a naive little sister easily trolled by (3rd) best girl.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The new season of Yamishibai is the best since the 2nd and it's conceit of being all women writers writing women focused horror and urban legends is a good one.

Saying its the best since the 2nd isn't super high praise but I am enjoying all these new stories.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also very very good ED song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnJqnQNvmyg

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This week on the Least Effort Animation anime Nora & Princess & Stray Cat: Let's not animate anything and just have the voice actors dub over some footage of goats.

:psypop:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hey, next week theyre gonna have some photos of a beach for you, be glad

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cripes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smartphones were a mistake.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

The new season of Yamishibai is the best since the 2nd and it's conceit of being all women writers writing women focused horror and urban legends is a good one.

Saying its the best since the 2nd isn't super high praise but I am enjoying all these new stories.

Oh nice. I'd forgotten that had a new season, going to have to catch up

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really want an answer to this: why couldn't they just turn their phones sideways

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm posted:

This week on the Least Effort Animation anime Nora & Princess & Stray Cat: Let's not animate anything and just have the voice actors dub over some footage of goats.

:psypop:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/897888397758418944

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I really want an answer to this: why couldn't they just turn their phones sideways

I mean, its not really animated, so that wouldn't make much of a difference at this point

https://my.mixtape.moe/ptzkxs.webm

It's more like a motion comic. I hope there's a proper adaptation someday

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Knorth posted:

Oh nice. I'd forgotten that had a new season, going to have to catch up

Important: do not watch yamishibai 3 unless you have drinks or are with friends. Its so drat bad.

I ended up being angry instead of scared because of how poor the direction and pacing was.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I mean, its not really animated, so that wouldn't make much of a difference at this point

https://my.mixtape.moe/ptzkxs.webm

It's more like a motion comic. I hope there's a proper adaptation someday

Somehow vertical anime was more disappointing than I could even imagine

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That's great. I thought they would at least be anime goats. Live action is even cheaper.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Was this actually meant as a gag, or is the production company just that inept?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A: what the gently caress :psyduck:

B: are Enmusubi no youko-chan, The Reflection, and Made in Abyss worth the time?
I kinda wanna try Ballroom too, but since i already read the manga I'm eeeeh on wasting the time. Does it add anything or is it well enough done that i should watch it?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A: what the gently caress :psyduck:

B: are Enmusubi no youko-chan, The Reflection, and Made in Abyss worth the time?
I kinda wanna try Ballroom too, but since i already read the manga I'm eeeeh on wasting the time. Does it add anything or is it well enough done that i should watch it?
Haven't read Ballroom, but the anime is cool. Made in Abyss is this weird, creepy show with very deliberate contrast on its eeriness and the moé art style. Don't know about the other two

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the reflection is horrible, made in abyss is worth checking out, and ballroom i'm mixed on. the dance animation is good when it happens and the designs look great, but i'm not finding it super compelling. dunno if that's due to having already read what it's covering or just it not being as good of a series at the start as it grows to be.

have heard literally nothing about youko-chan but iirc it's a short so you probably won't waste much time checking it out if you choose to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like Made in Abyss, but only because I'm able to power through the really creepy (i.e. gross) parts. As such, I'd caution against the manga even if it's further along than the show.

• Locked thread