Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starfire AI sucks in Endless. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Starfire is very cool and good. At first I was like, great move set, lots of screen area control and movement options but dude, where's the damage? And then I started connecting stuff off B3... wow that's a lot of fairly easy damage.

Some of her big openers like 2,3, db1(mb) into B3, or connecting j.3 after a B3, are super finicky though. She will definitely take some lab time, but even without optimal combos she's already great for blowing up online flowchart types if you just focus on her fundamentals.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Sent application to Goon Squad, please accept

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Xbox guild dead, so what :cry:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Starfire combos. Let's talk about some.

J2113DB3 hold 4 is my current go to

What's yours

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Huh so I found a cool Bane thing.

One of his easiest meterless corner options is 113, 113, db1 - you get pretty excellent meterless damage, but you toss the opponent across the stage. You could do 113, 113, dbf3 to keep the corner, but the damage drops down a fair bit.

113, 123, db1 gets you 20 more damage, but still switches sides although not as far away. Similarly, end with dbf3, and your damage goes down but you keep the corner positioning.

Aha, you say! What about 113, 223, dbf3? You keep the corner, and it's got the best meterless damage yet out of all these options?

NOPE. 113, 223, db1 exploits the way that Bane's ring toss animation depends on the opponent's airborne positioning. 223 leaves the opponent in a state where they juggle with their feet facing you rather than their head, so db1 plants them right back in the corner with no side switch, and it's got the best damage out of options I've tested.

(I'm still looking to see if there are better meterless setups in the corner with Bane...)

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 12, 2017

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Why can't Reverse Flash just go back in time and stop the Regime from happening so they don't kill an ancestor of his and cause a time paradox? Is it because he needs the Regime to exist in the first place? I thought he just needed the Flash to exist? Edit: I watched the entire story mode on youtube and I hope this game comes out on PC soon. Never been into comics much but "what if Superman was an rear end in a top hat" is a pretty interesting story.

Seven Force fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 12, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whenever there's something that could be solved by time travel but the story needs it not to be, it's because time is solidified there.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Hahaha I just hit a Bane combo for 759 damage. I'm learning more ways to convert off his bounce cancels.

Granted it takes all your Venom and 3 bars, but you can do: (l3 venom) 113, cancel f3, 223, dbf3MB. If you don't kill with it, you're hosed by debuff, but for god sake you'd better be killing with it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Whenever there's something that could be solved by time travel but the story needs it not to be, it's because time is solidified there.

I like the implication throughout IJ2 that Superman turning evil fundamentally broke the universe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

strangemusic posted:

Hahaha I just hit a Bane combo for 759 damage. I'm learning more ways to convert off his bounce cancels.

Granted it takes all your Venom and 3 bars, but you can do: (l3 venom) 113, cancel f3, 223, dbf3MB. If you don't kill with it, you're hosed by debuff, but for god sake you'd better be killing with it.

Bane has some of the tastiest combos, I love his bounce and juggle stuff. He's almost got MVC poo poo going on with how much people get pounded around.

Probably nothing special but finding out I can cancel Firestorm jumping attack into the fire dash is great. I hope he's the next weirdo character we see in finals (idk if he's ever really used)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Bane has some of the tastiest combos, I love his bounce and juggle stuff. He's almost got MVC poo poo going on with how much people get pounded around.

Probably nothing special but finding out I can cancel Firestorm jumping attack into the fire dash is great. I hope he's the next weirdo character we see in finals (idk if he's ever really used)

There have been a couple Firestorm players, though I forget their names, doing pretty well in pools and I think possibly one of them made it into bracket of Summer Jam? He's certainly fun to watch.

Also re: MvC Bane - *in Bane voice* HOOH! WAH! HOOOH! HOOH!

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 13, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SonicFox's Captain Cold corner pressure seems unbeatable lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Poison Ivy was used in a tournament to defeat SonicFox, I am content

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Looks like NRS will reveal Fighter Pack 2 at Gamescom one week from today

:dance:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just put Plastic Man in already!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm excited for the announcement of Raiden, Black Manta, and The Atom.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They should put Black Manta in and just make him pre 1.07 Aquaman.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

fadam posted:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

fadam posted:

:agreed:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

fadam posted:

NRS announces surprise partnership with Capcom to introduce Dhalsim into Injustice 2, reveling in the tears of of Plastic Man supporters

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Senerio posted:

I'm excited for the announcement of Raiden, Black Manta, and The Atom.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Senerio posted:

I'm excited for the announcement of Johnny Cage in Raiden's hat, Johnny Cage in Black Manta's helmet, and Johnny Cage But Very Far Away.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/897915144075980800

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SMOKE CONFIRMED

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Some people are saying it's Doomsday but I kinda hope that isn't true because I mained him in the first game and I'd have to do it again out of loyalty

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I wonder if we're actually supposed to see something there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally, it's Rebar Man

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Technowolf posted:

I wonder if we're actually supposed to see something there.

Fix your contrast

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Norns posted:

Fix your contrast

So I'm supposed to be seeing The Amazing Rebar Man?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Sent a request to join DarkEmpire like a week ago. Who's running the group?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Isn't cyrax coming at some point? Or did he just post a clip of cyrax for shits?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

!Klams posted:

Isn't cyrax coming at some point? Or did he just post a clip of cyrax for shits?

Also possible Cyrax will be a premium skin - for Cyborg, say.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Please do not insult the great Cyrax by tying him to lowly Cyborg.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If Cyborg gets a second premium skin when most of the cast has zero that will be lame

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

Please do not insult the great Cyrax by tying him to lowly Cyborg.

:hfive:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Benny the Snake posted:

Sent a request to join DarkEmpire like a week ago. Who's running the group?

Just request goon squad, there's plenty of room.

Abd requests disappear after 24 hours

Grem fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 17, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Surprise Marvel fighting game announced by Nether Realm is what I have dreams about.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Grem posted:

Just request goon squad, there's plenty of room.

Abd requests disappear after 24 hours

Goon Squad was full when I first tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

God dammit I completely forget how to block Darkseid's teleport bullshit. I'm having a fighting games senior moment. What are you supposed to do, again?

It doesn't help that beam, beam, teleport, back 3 is pretty much the extent of Darkseid meta.

• Locked thread