Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is there any reliable way of dealing with archon beam damage desyncing on a console?

Can this happen on PC as well? Especially in multiplayer games half the time I can't get damage numbers to pop up with archon beam, I wonder if it's a network thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

WarMECH posted:

Will these buffs be retroactive? I've been running a WW Barb with Wastes set, Bul-Kathos weapons, and a cubed Skull Grasp, will the changes to WW damage update automatically or do I have to re-farm all of this stuff again later?

The patch notes generally state which items will have changes retroactively applied.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JohnnySavs posted:

Can this happen on PC as well? Especially in multiplayer games half the time I can't get damage numbers to pop up with archon beam, I wonder if it's a network thing.

This probably has nothing to do with your network or desyncing but everything to do with 99% of your damage in Tal'Vyr spec coming from trillion bazillion Manald crits. Low CC and CHD = you do no damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

exquisite tea posted:

This probably has nothing to do with your network or desyncing but everything to do with 99% of your damage in Tal'Vyr spec coming from trillion bazillion Manald crits. Low CC and CHD = you do no damage.

Nah, I've definitely had times where I've had the beam directly on something, and no numbers were popping out at all, be it beam numbers or manald numbers. It's annoying.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

When you see the curly brackets on an item you've been gambling for an ancient of forever and then womp womp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah its definitely an issue that exists and yes it happens on PC too but its much easier to combat on PC because you can more easily sweep the beam to get a better lock. Plenty of youtube videos showcasing it. Sweeping the beam on console is real clunky on console because of the auto locking and the best way I've seen to combat it is a quick teleport for reposition. Really big downer considering how fun and fast the build is.

Dross posted:

When you see the curly brackets on an item you've been gambling for an ancient of forever and then womp womp

Ouch.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

On the other hand, my dream of a full primal Blackthorne set is fast approaching.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

On the other hand, my dream of a full primal Blackthorne set is fast approaching.

unironically :same:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I wish Blackthorne were at least good for some kind of goofy cross-class gimmick build, but instead it's just a utility set with a utility that's outclassed by a good roll on one or two the items you actually want.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
The game loves giving me near perfect rolls on ancient blackthrones amulets. I've gotten 3 ancients and like 4 regulars with fantastic rolls.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

The game loves giving me near perfect rolls on ancient blackthrones amulets. I've gotten 3 ancients and like 4 regulars with fantastic rolls.

Paragon like 610 right now and I haven't even seen a Blackthorn's Amulet :smug:

Oh God what have I done? That's all I'm going to see now that I've said that out loud isn't it?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
These changes are making me more excited for S12 than I was for S11, necromancer drop included.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's gonna be easy as gently caress to hit gr70 in S12, dang.

T13 will be so laughably speedfarmable.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

mewse posted:

PTR patch notes are up.

Looks like buffs all around.

They are buffing Karlei's point for impale DHs!!

They've redesigned 6pc sunwuko so it no longer consumes sweeping wind stacks.

Uliana's getting a HUGE buff.

fake edit: damnit gnomak

Trag’Oul is the only interesting necromancer set so I'm glad it got a buff. Wish one of the perks was decrease in blood cost.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
One of my favorite seasons was pushing GRs with blessed shield LoN crusader. It didn't push as high as bombardment thorns but was hella fun, glad to see that might be an option again next patch. Stricken gem is a godsend for that build.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Cash Monet posted:

Trag’Oul is the only interesting necromancer set so I'm glad it got a buff. Wish one of the perks was decrease in blood cost.

If you consider that it's doubled right now and will not be in 2.6.1, you're getting a decrease in blood cost. Wala!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Have the theorycrafters weighed in so far on whether these changes actually bring other classes in line with Necromancer, especially at imperfect gear levels?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Some of those buffs end up as flat 5x damage boosts to some specs. It's going to be crazy next season.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Makes me feel bad I burnt myself out on Leapquake this season.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

DrSeRRoD posted:

If you consider that it's doubled right now and will not be in 2.6.1, you're getting a decrease in blood cost. Wala!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
So I redeemed my Haedrig's gifts on a Crusader and can clear T8/GR35 comfortably (Golden flense still eludes me) buuuuut I tried this week's challenge rift and I found it soo much fun.

I levelled a DH to 70 and can manage T1, but what should I do to break through to higher levels? Should I farm up blood shards and death's breath on my crusader and use them to gamble/upgrade rares on DH, or just grind on the DH to get set items to drop?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I wish Blackthorne were at least good for some kind of goofy cross-class gimmick build, but instead it's just a utility set with a utility that's outclassed by a good roll on one or two the items you actually want.

Whenever Blizzard decides to call it quits on D3, I hope they release one final patch that just changes the following:

Blackthorne's Battlgear Full Set Bonus: Total Damage Increases by 1% Permanently for every Elite/Boss monster killed while wearing Blackthrone's complete set.

Then just ride off into the sunset.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 16, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vakal posted:

Whenever Blizzard decides to call it quits on D3, I hope they release one final patch that just changes the following:

Blackthorne's Battlgear Full Set Bonus: Total Damage Increases by 1% Permanently for every Elite/Boss monster killed.

Then just ride off into the sunset.

:bisonyes:

mewse
May 2, 2006

I dusted off my Uliana's gear on the PTR last night and easily cleared GR75. Buff is good

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Ristolaz posted:

I levelled a DH to 70 and can manage T1, but what should I do to break through to higher levels? Should I farm up blood shards and death's breath on my crusader and use them to gamble/upgrade rares on DH, or just grind on the DH to get set items to drop?

Join LLKG (or another community) and leech a bunch of GR40/50 rifts with someone speed farming. Other than that gambling and upgrade rares. I find farming T1-T4 farming super slow for gear

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Can one of y'all send me an invitation to LLJK? I'm metonymic#11923.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

twice burned ice posted:

Can one of y'all send me an invitation to LLJK? I'm metonymic#11923.

Join the community, not the guild. The guild is dead.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

I dusted off my Uliana's gear on the PTR last night and easily cleared GR75. Buff is good

It's going to be the monk starting set next season too, based on the last few cycles. I foresee a lot of monks starting S12.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Jeez, I dragged my balls through an acre of broken glass to get my Sunwuko LTK Monk to gr80 this season, and fuckin' Uliana Monks are going to be nailing it without any Ancients in a couple months.

mewse
May 2, 2006

LTK is getting major buffs too :ssh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

mewse posted:

LTK is getting major buffs too :ssh:
Not having to monitor your Sweeping Wind stacks or running dry mid-combat any more will be so good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dross posted:

Have the theorycrafters weighed in so far on whether these changes actually bring other classes in line with Necromancer, especially at imperfect gear levels?
I'm curious about that as well. Not sure if I'll play next season or not (not much free time), but it was fun trying out Necro and really liked the bone-armor novalancer build, but didn't really enjoy the other ones. Briefly dicking around with some alts and seeing what other pubbies were running, seemed like the only really useful class comparatively was impale DH.

I've love to play a Crusader or something since it's been a long while and I never really played it much, but it doesn't seem like theres enough significant buffs to really make them useful are there? Looks like maybe a Monk with Uliana could be really good though.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Guy on reddit monks board saying he's clearing GR100 on PTR with sunwuko WoL and ~1000 paragons :aaaaa:

e: Davlok's testing thread, says rabid strike is correctly working finally.

mewse fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 16, 2017

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Ristolaz posted:

So I redeemed my Haedrig's gifts on a Crusader and can clear T8/GR35 comfortably (Golden flense still eludes me) buuuuut I tried this week's challenge rift and I found it soo much fun.

Easiest way is to find a group that will let you leech. If you're not a fan of that grind bloodshards with your Sader until you get a few good pieces for your DH.

It's a bit of a tough balance to judge when it's faster for smartloot vs more bloodshards per min. I'd switch over after I got a halfway decent 4 piece set bonus (or 3 + RORG). Obviously leveling Gems that work with DH should be high priority as well.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wow, this week's challenge rift DH is a bit…special again. Not as bad as some, of course, but so far the hammerdin definitely remains the high point.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MMAgCh posted:

Wow, this week's challenge rift DH is a bit…special again. Not as bad as some, of course, but so far the hammerdin definitely remains the high point.

The Helltooth Garg challenge a few weeks ago was well put together. It had a mana generator instead of a mobility skill but pretty minor.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they need to just push this patch live now for S11

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Same here. Speaking of perfect rolls on useless stuff, I just got a primal Halcyon's Ascent. Does anyone know if it's useful in any sort of build whatsoever?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Frank China posted:

Same here. Speaking of perfect rolls on useless stuff, I just got a primal Halcyon's Ascent. Does anyone know if it's useful in any sort of build whatsoever?

There's a Salvage guide in the Farming section of Icy Veins. It lists all items required in their builds. I'd link it but I'm at work, pretty easy to find though.