Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
2017 has the most AA/AAA stuff I've played in a single year too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Also might not be up everyone's taste but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: EoH is on sale for 15€. God drat it, I was waiting on a sale on this one since I liked the anime and the game looks fun. Any goon review?

Sure, in 9 years of Xbox Live Gold membership I've never seen good sales like the ones we've having lately.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Yeah it's loving crazy. I'm sitting on Persona 5 and I still have to get to FfXV and RE7 and there's ANOTHER Yakuza out soon 😳😳😳

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it's loving crazy. I'm sitting on Persona 5 and I still have to get to FfXV and RE7 and there's ANOTHER Yakuza out soon 😳😳😳

Play re7 next its like 10 hours and super solid

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Finished Witcher 3 so in order to turn completely in the opposite direction for my next game, I started Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. AAA games are too big and time consuming so it's nice to move to a game that I can mostly complete before the week is out and then move on to something else.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
MGS V has the best cardboard box mechanics in the entire series. You can get VERY creative with them. Also, if it matters to you, the companion app only works with the base game, not Definitive Edition.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Healbot posted:

MGSV has a gosh darn good game feedback loop, so you can look past the anemic story.

I couldn't.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Good game for 20$ go

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Good game for 20$ go

What are games/genres you have enjoyed previously?
Do you have a gaming PC?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

Also might not be up everyone's taste but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: EoH is on sale for 15€. God drat it, I was waiting on a sale on this one since I liked the anime and the game looks fun. Any goon review?

It's pretty eh unless you love JoJo enough to look past it being a dull to bad arena brawler.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

Good game for 20$ go

Nex machina
Sonic mania
Check the sale this week

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shadow225 posted:

What are games/genres you have enjoyed previously?
Do you have a gaming PC?

RPGs shooters action games story whatever tbh

Not anymore RIP

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
not bloodborne

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Real hurthling! posted:

Nex machina
Sonic mania
Check the sale this week

Sonic hmmm

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Real hurthling! posted:

Nex machina
Sonic mania
Check the sale this week

Could you elaborate on how Matterfall is similar to Mega Man please?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

verbal enema posted:

Good game for 20$ go

Wolfenstein TNO

Especially after the uh, events, of the past few days

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Titanfall 2
Until Dawn
Last of Us
Doom
Metal Gear Solid 5
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
Overcooked
Rayman Legends
Dark Souls 3
Rocket League

That's not even counting sales and such.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Got mgsv rocket league until dawn

F bloodborne and ds3

I'll peep tf2 and the other ones as well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

Could you elaborate on how Matterfall is similar to Mega Man please?

Jump and shoot and slide while avoiding enemies and platforming.

Boss design reminds me of the wily stage bosses like yellow devil etc. The act 3 boss is a mining machine that moves slowly right when you hurt it and travels over pits and spits out obstacles and its just a hell of a challenge. Good stuff. Not as good as nex machina but yeah

The resogun part comes from the wave based nature of the enemies in some encounters, the bullet hell projectiles, and the humans.

Game is a blast, complaints are that its too short and isnt a visual/audio masterpiece like nex machina.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 16, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's pretty eh unless you love JoJo enough to look past it being a dull to bad arena brawler.

With my actual backlog I can wait until its price drops AND gets a sale, same with Dirt Rally as I still play Dirt 3 on PC and xbox360. Thanks!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's funny that MGSVTPP got brought up because I started playing it again this weekend after not touching it for over a year and it just so ridiculously smooth compared to any other third person game. Not even the shooting (what kind of plebe doesn't go through every mission using only a pistol for holdups :smug: ) but just the general movement. It's so, so good.

I just wish any one map was as interesting as the Cuban base from Ground Zeroes, and I'm genuinely surprised Konami hasn't nickel and dimed a bunch of piecemeal DLC like that given their business model. Seems like that would be a cheap, easy way to get money from chumps like me who can't help themselves.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its still probably the best looking video game out right now also, if for no other reason than how insane Sahelanthropus looks with its smooth animation + 60fps frame rate

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

homeless snail posted:

Its still probably the best looking video game out right now also, if for no other reason than how insane Sahelanthropus looks with its smooth animation + 60fps frame rate

Uhm it's good looking and everything but Horizon is legit the best looking game I've ever seen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Wanna echo all these opinions and say MGSV had the best controls of any third person game I've ever played and it's so exponentially ahead of all other MGS games that it was mind blowing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nothing in Horizon moves like Saehelanthropus. Nothing in Horizon CAN move like Sahelanthropus, cause its locked at 30

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

homeless snail posted:

No TressFX = No deal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wanna echo all these opinions and say MGSV had the best controls of any third person game I've ever played and it's so exponentially ahead of all other MGS games that it was mind blowing.

That's not hard because all previous games retained their control schemes from the NES :iceburn:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Shadow225 posted:

Do you have a gaming PC?

I got a laptop a couple of weeks ago and asked the steam thread twice for pc recommendations and every single reply had a ps4 port that i had already played so unless his jam is 2 dollar pc rpg maker anime titty games i think thats probably irrelevant.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Quick Horizon question, is there any way to turn off the little quest icons on screen?
There's so many options in the custom HUD menu that I'm not sure what to do. They're the ones that float in the world and show the number of steps from your objective.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

Nothing in Horizon moves like Saehelanthropus. Nothing in Horizon CAN move like Sahelanthropus, cause its locked at 30

Yeah but Horizon still looks better

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quick Horizon question, is there any way to turn off the little quest icons on screen?
There's so many options in the custom HUD menu that I'm not sure what to do. They're the ones that float in the world and show the number of steps from your objective.

You can turn off quest tracking in the Custom HUD options and quest waypoints off in regular options.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

OxMan posted:

I got a laptop a couple of weeks ago and asked the steam thread twice for pc recommendations and every single reply had a ps4 port that i had already played so unless his jam is 2 dollar pc rpg maker anime titty games i think thats probably irrelevant.

Factorio will eat your entire life. It's my game of the decade.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

exquisite tea posted:

You can turn off quest tracking in the Custom HUD options and quest waypoints off in regular options.

Thanks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not gonna call it the best looking game but mgs5 scales insanely well. the fox engine is incredible and it's a shame that it's stuck in the hell that is konami

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

Good game for 20$ go

Sundered or Sine Mora

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I want to like Tokyo 42 but buildings keep getting in the way, also the entire game looks like a skate park but they give you a motorcycle

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
How much is Hatsune Miku running for? Future Tone is def worth $20 if you like rhythm games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Ah yes, the only actual boss battle in the game, which is less interesting/fun than every other boss battle over the course of the series.

But that framerate!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Ah yes, the only actual boss battle in the game, which is less interesting/fun than every other boss battle over the course of the series.

But that framerate!
Uh yeah I was talking about how it looked :confused:

And its not just the framerate, but the incredibly detailed hand animation on it, most 60fps games don't even look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Good news, everyone! If you thought MGSV looked amazing, or if you thought Horizon Zero Dawn looked amazing, or both -- Death Stranding will be the game for you