Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

lol why do people always say this poo poo about bad games
hey man, what else am I gonna do in the middle of July? socialize? nope no thanks I'll just sit in front of a laptop screen for hours on end

fadam posted:

This sounds like damage control. You seem to want to defend the game without actually having to commit to anything so you do this weird two-step where you talk about how the game is going to fail and sell like poo poo but also have "hundreds of thousands" of stream views or whatever because the FGC is just filled with crybabies who want to talk poo poo about everything.

no that's me not giving enough of a poo poo at whatever :iceburn: youre attempting here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Race Realists posted:

there is not nearly enough :smug: in your post.

the people who do the most amount of bitching about will either

A. Bum their friends for a free copy while still bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

B. Pirate the game while still bitching endlessly about it on SRK

C. Wait till the "complete" version comes out half price while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

or more realistically

D. Follow the Scene almost religiously on tourny Streams, make a bunch of toxic poo poo posts "HURR DURR $hills CapCucks :downs:" on the stream chat while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK

A. Nothing wrong with me

B. Nothing wrong with me

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just feel like you guys are putting way too much energy into this :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Race Realists posted:

no that's me not giving enough of a poo poo at whatever :iceburn: youre attempting here

He's not even trying much of a take at you, lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Race Realists posted:

i just feel like you guys are putting way too much energy into this :v:

Yeah, it's everyone else who is an obsessive weirdo.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
considering all these lovely memes online I would say yes

also do you guys REALLY think this game won't be heavily streamed and watched? I mean, just going by history here, do you all REALLY think this game won't be watched by atleast 20,000+ people?

as much as people piss and moan about the dreaded SFV that game still ended up the most watched game of the stream :thunk:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 16, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I mean, you could be posting in threads for games you like or are looking forward to but instead you are all posting in the thread of a game that you hate and want to fail.

:confused:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Fellblade posted:

I mean, you could be posting in threads for games you like or are looking forward to but instead you are all posting in the thread of a game that you hate and want to fail.

so you just want threads to be positive hugboxes then

it's fun to poo poo talk

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

And you could be doing the exact same thing and yet here you are, complaining about other people's posts instead of just ignoring them. How bizarre the nature of man.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

And you could be doing the exact same thing and yet here you are, complaining about other people's posts instead of just ignoring them. How bizarre the nature of man.

I am doing that same thing, this is a game I am looking forward to? How is that in any way bizarre?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I don't think it's that we want the game to fail. I'm sure we'd all like to have another good MvC game in the future. But that sure isn't looking like the case for this game.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's not looking the case, we get it, we've been getting it for the past like 4 months. It's boring now.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Fellblade posted:

I do not hate this game and I do not want it to fail. but I also want to be realistic about this when I say this game may end up like SFV sales wise

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i think games being good is more important than defending game series or publishers from criticism

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

I am doing that same thing, this is a game I am looking forward to? How is that in any way bizarre?

It is pretty clear nobody in this thread has anything positive to say about the game. If we all left it would just be you, Race Realists and that guy who is only buying the game because Mega Man is in it.

If you're looking for positive, meaningful discussion about this game I'm certain there are other message boards you can check out.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

It is pretty clear nobody in this thread has anything positive to say about the game. If we all left it would just be you, Race Realists and that guy who is only buying the game because Mega Man is in it.

If you're looking for positive, meaningful discussion about this game I'm certain there are other message boards you can check out.

That's not true at all, it's actually that everybody has just stopped posting or reading the thread because it's poo poo to read due to any positive comments being dogpiled.

You are right though, you made me sign up for Reddit and I loving hate Reddit.

NecroMonster posted:

i think games being good is more important than defending game series or publishers from criticism

I totally agree with this post. This isn't an attacker vs defender of Capcoms virtue though, it's realist or optimist vs extremist or sensationalist.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 16, 2017

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I am going to buy and play this game - probably on day 1. I am going to talk poo poo about it and be smug as gently caress about it, make fun of those who like it, and also have fun with it even though it is Bad

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fellblade posted:

That's not true at all, it's actually that everybody has just stopped posting or reading the thread because it's poo poo to read due to any positive comments being dogpiled.

You are right though, you made me sign up for Reddit and I loving hate Reddit.

Go into the ocean, live there, die there

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
is there something positive to discuss with this game that im missing

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

pissdude posted:

I am going to buy and play this game - probably on day 1. I am going to talk poo poo about it and be smug as gently caress about it, make fun of those who like it, and also have fun with it even though it is Bad

yea same

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best part of this stinking turd of a game is that capcom ain't even bothered to polish it, instead they are relying on a bunch of people to fellate them and tell people they should swallow the turd

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zand posted:

all those sick stream views!!!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Zand posted:

It's not about positive it's about engaging rather than circle jerking and dog piling.

I think it would be interesting to discuss things like how it's apparently a complete failure to make fighting games accessible for newcomers and is likely the complete opposite, maybe what they could have done differently without ruining it for high levels of play at the same time.

Plenty of other poo poo to talk about other than lolgamebadhurrr.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
is this game gonna have finger puzzules?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I usually hate it when threads are full of negativity about an upcoming game, but MvCI is so directly insulting to it's target audience that it's ridiculous not to hate it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol holy poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fellblade posted:

It's not about positive it's about engaging rather than circle jerking and dog piling.

I think it would be interesting to discuss things like how it's apparently a complete failure to make fighting games accessible for newcomers and is likely the complete opposite, maybe what they could have done differently without ruining it for high levels of play at the same time.

Plenty of other poo poo to talk about other than lolgamebadhurrr.

people have literally been talking about that

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

the best part of this stinking turd of a game is that capcom ain't even bothered to polish it, instead they are relying on a bunch of people to fellate them and tell people they should swallow the turd

:goonsay:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Venom can't save this but I really want to see him.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

why are you so mad huh? baby mad? baby cranky??

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'd be fine with DLC characters being added if a good chunk of them were free to make up for the fact that 2/3rds of the existing casta are just copied and pasted from MVC 3.

But they won't be, so gently caress it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I'd be fine with DLC characters being added if a good chunk of them were free to make up for the fact that 2/3rds of the existing casta are just copied and pasted from MVC 3.

But they won't be, so gently caress it.

i dunno, it'd be dumb to not at least TRY to get the remaining UMvC3 characters back likely in a later version

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

why are you so mad huh? baby mad? baby cranky??

yeah? I just thought I could escape this brand of insufferable nerd poo poo on SA
:qqsay:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean its blatantly obvious that capcom is putting minimal effort in, look how much stuff is reused from umvc3, how terrible the game looks, etc

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
please be a good consumer and appreciate the Brand

cams
Mar 28, 2003

toy quality activism

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love the brand. I love consuming. I DON'T love the X-Men, who even are those guys?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Countblanc posted:

no you SHUT THE gently caress UP CapCuck and laugh at my Objectively Right DBFZ memes!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

this really is the perfect game to synergize with the mcu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Race Realists posted:

no you SHUT THE gently caress UP CapCuck and laugh at my Objectively Right DBFZ memes!

What is wrong with you dude

Who are you even trying to satirize

• Locked thread