Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Same with the Rehash of Hydrocity Act 1's boss in Act 2 Knuckles still can't jump high enough to hit it and they've removed the safe spot hit-box from directly overhead so the only way to hit it is to tank damage or to ramp off the walls and very carefully hit it right before it becomes a damage zone again, then wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Got the true ending! What a GOOD GAME.

time to immediately replay with knux

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Replaying Sonic + Tails now that I have Super Sonic unlocked.

It's amazing to me that I can rack up the ring scores I've been managing with only a single round of practice, but just knowing what surprises are in store is so huge.

That and crushing bosses by turning super and ruining their lives.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Enable & Knuckles mode then level select to the true final boss as knuckles for a hidden ending :allears: It's worth it.

Just got it legit and stumbled upon it and man that's a good rear end final boss, even if it took me a few tries.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
how the hell do you open the level select menu on ps4 anyway, i found like three different methods by googling it and none of them worked

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why was this poo poo delayed on pc i don't wanna play it on my ps4.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

absolutely anything posted:

how the hell do you open the level select menu on ps4 anyway, i found like three different methods by googling it and none of them worked

Unlock debug menu and access it from No Save

Can't do it any other way on the ps4/xbone for whatever reason.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So how do you beat Titanic Monarch zone's boss 1 with knuckles? I just damage boosted through it but he seriously can't jump high enough to hit it and any attempts to hurt him results in pain on poor knux's end.

It's really kind of lovely?

You need to get it to switch the elevator to down. Which, admittedly, I didn't really figure out how to do before I'd beat it, but it might have something to do with jumping in front of the direction indicators.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Amppelix posted:

You need to get it to switch the elevator to down. Which, admittedly, I didn't really figure out how to do before I'd beat it, but it might have something to do with jumping in front of the direction indicators.

I think they mean during the first phase, where as far as I can tell it's exceedingly difficult to get any hits out without facetanking the orbs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I think they mean during the first phase, where as far as I can tell it's exceedingly difficult to get any hits out without facetanking the orbs.

Yeah phase 1. Knuckles just doesn't jump high enough and even when the orbs are close he still can't really reach it it feels.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Unlock debug menu and access it from No Save

Can't do it any other way on the ps4/xbone for whatever reason.

Let me guess, Debug Menu is like the last reward isn't it.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
playable characters i would like:

mighty: sonic but with no dropdash, so basically hard mode
vector: air dash and bigger hitbox, no wallclimb though
espio: has the wall jump, can't quite use it to climb like knuckles
charmy: flies i guess? pretty ridiculously op in chaotix so maybe he could be an assist character that grabs rings or something
blaze: higher jump and glide
shadow: sonic but the timer is only 5 minutes
big: goes fishing

thanks for reading

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Linear Zoetrope posted:

E: Oh boy, if you time over in any of the wings of the chamber of Titanic Monarch of Act 2 that leads to the boss, all the ones you've completed reset.

That stage is basically a bona-fide time attack challenge, I love it.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

widespread posted:

It's like the fifth reward, I think I got it with about 15 medals?

Can't wait to get home to play more of this fantastic game.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

widespread posted:

Nah, unlocked it at like half medals and there's still question marks options on the extras menu.

It's possible you have to beat the game first though.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
^^ E: I'm 90% sure Debug is unlocked by getting the secret ending.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

playable characters i would like:

mighty: sonic but with no dropdash, so basically hard mode
vector: air dash and bigger hitbox, no wallclimb though
espio: has the wall jump, can't quite use it to climb like knuckles
charmy: flies i guess? pretty ridiculously op in chaotix so maybe he could be an assist character that grabs rings or something
blaze: higher jump and glide
shadow: sonic but the timer is only 5 minutes
big: goes fishing

thanks for reading

Mighty should have an ability where if he ducks (while immobile, not rolling) he's invincible.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Just beat the main game with sonic and tails. Dunno where the complaints about the final zone are coming from. I really enjoyed it.

My god, this game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a sound test?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Linear Zoetrope posted:

^^ E: I'm 90% sure Debug is unlocked by getting the secret ending.

It's not, I got it before the secret ending.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Okay, I got it at the same time. I must've done a blue spheres on my way through TMZ.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

widespread posted:

Surprisingly no, it's half of the blue spheres cleared so you can get it pretty early and spoil yourself on the zones :v:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there a sound test?
I've heard in the Switch version you can get to a level select/sound test by holding B, Y and + on the title screen, don't know what the equivalent on other platforms is.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Paul.Power posted:

I've heard in the Switch version you can get to a level select/sound test by holding B, Y and + on the title screen, don't know what the equivalent on other platforms is.

Word on the street is that it only exists on the Switch version, with the theory being they left it in that version either by mistake or because it doesn't have achievements.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sound Test is in the cheat code/debug menu

You can also blue sphere hard enough to get it the right way.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Word on the street is that it only exists on the Switch version, with the theory being they left it in that version either by mistake or because it doesn't have achievements.

You can do it in the ps4 version, you just have to unlock it and activate it via No Save instead of the title screen.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I meant the secret button combo. Yeah, you can unlock it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Today for lunch I went to a Sonic drive-thru and ate a chili dog. I had to do it.

absolutely anything posted:

I just figured it out. Hold Square and X then press start on no save.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there a sound test?

D.A. Garden is the sound test and you get it by doing blue sphere levels

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Gammatron 64 posted:

Today for lunch I went to a Sonic drive-thru and ate a chili dog. I had to do it.

I just figured it out. Hold Square and X then press start on no save.

Doesn't work for me. Pressing X while holding square just enters it. Even if I force it to get there by starting on a different menu, pressing start just starts the game.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Doesn't work for me. Pressing X while holding square just enters it. Even if I force it to get there by starting on a different menu, pressing start just starts the game.

Have you tried holding X and square on the title screen before the Press Any Button prompt, and then press start on the title screen? I haven't had a chance to try it on PS4, but that's basically how it works on Switch.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

XavierGenisi posted:

Have you tried holding X and square on the title screen before the Press Any Button prompt, and then press start? I haven't had a chance to try it on PS4, but that's basically how it works on Switch.

Yeah, I tried that first while it was booting for posterity, no dice.

It's possible the combos work after you've already unlocked it, but that just would make it a fancy button command for something you can already do elsewhere.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It only works on the title screen on the Switch version. You have to unlock debug for it to work on anything else.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Echoing the sentiment raised here that time out seems like a real waste of a mechanic that's only there to annoy you if you want to explore the stages. It's never actually an issue if you're just trying to get through. The least they could've done is raise the time limit to 20, but honestly it should just be removed. Feels like it's only there because the other games had time limits.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Enable & Knuckles mode then level select to the true final boss as knuckles for a hidden ending :allears: It's worth it.

Just got it legit and stumbled upon it and man that's a good rear end final boss, even if it took me a few tries.

How do I know I've done it right? I activated & Knuckles in the secrets screen then when back to the title for level select but didn't have a buddy knuckles.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I found out that if I have over 200 rings and the blue ring buff, then get hit, I can collect most of the giant rings that pop out of me to get another 2 extra lives easy. I'm just starting with Oil Ocean and sitting on 21 lives. The only boss so far that I've been frustrated with was Mecha Sonic

Also, yeah I want to take my time and explore the zones but the 10 minute timer won't allow it. Sucks.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Fun subtle easter egg on the train from MSZ:

One of the cars has a big green and purple tank that says OOZ on it. Eggman's using the train to take the oil to Oil Ocean Zone.

This game is soooo goooood

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxyclean posted:

How do I know I've done it right? I activated & Knuckles in the secrets screen then when back to the title for level select but didn't have a buddy knuckles.

When you beat the secret boss you'll get a new ending :v:? You'll be by yourself for the boss so there's no real indication that you have it activated (honestly thinking on it now I'm not sure if it'll work on the switch's shortcut to the final boss. I did it from No Save)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Uhh, I dunno if this was posted yet but

:siren: HUNNID P HAS RETURNED WITH A NEW KNUCKLES RAP :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Okay I think I'll pull a sanity plea and go with Sonic And Tails instead of Knux. Like, Knux is A Good Boy and all but like... I get the feeling some of the shield shenanigans you can do is only with Sonic.

Amppelix posted:

Uhh, I dunno if this was posted yet but

:siren: HUNNID P HAS RETURNED WITH A NEW KNUCKLES RAP :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y

*knuckles voice* OH NO

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
All right final super sonic boss, need help. I can't tell if I'm progressing or really doing anything.

I can fly around, I have a dash that takes five rings. If I hit the jewel on his head he swaps places with Eggman. I don't seem to need the dash to do that and it feels like a liability considering how difficult it is to get rings back faster than they count down. Eggman is safer to fight and I can restore rings then. But I can't tell if just trading the jewel back and forth between them is what I'm meant to be doing. And I need to sleep soon and want to go to bed. Help?

EDIT: Never mind! Turns out the entire thing is much easier if you run on the ground and don't fly, the dash is a liability after all

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Does anyone know where I can find Giant Rings in Metallic Madness Zone or beyond? I only need one more emerald and I'd like to get it before too long!

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 17, 2017