Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
THIS MAN MAY NEVER ESCAPE HIS WATERY GRAVE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FMguru posted:

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

good to see qwop guy is still finding work

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
interesting musculature

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FMguru posted:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

One of Lustig's trademark cons involved a "money-printing machine". He would demonstrate the capability of the small box to clients, all the while lamenting that it took the device six hours to copy a $100 bill. The client, sensing huge profits, would buy the machines for a high price, usually over $30,000. Over the next twelve hours, the machine would produce two more $100 bills. After that, it produced only blank paper, as its supply of $100 bills became exhausted. By the time the clients realized that they had been scammed, Lustig was long gone. This type of scheme is also called the “money box” scheme.

That's not worthless, it's great. Except in that the box itself is worthless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Phanatic also has the dubious distinction of being the most sued mascot in sports.[14]

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_life posted:

Real life is a phrase used originally in literature to distinguish between actual and fictional or idealized worlds, and in acting to distinguish between performers and the characters they portray. More recently it has become a popular term on the Internet to describe events, people, activities and interactions occurring offline, or otherwise, not primarily through the medium of the internet.

Article mentions Mary Wollstonecraft extensively but never gives any history of the term.

Was she the first one to use the term? Dunno!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Life in this Naraka is 5.308416×1016 years long.[citation needed]

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
After a Sopranos episode in which his character brutally beat a young stripper to death, during an interview he stated, "After the episode aired a lot more women started hitting on me. I thought it was very revealing."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

maskenfreiheit posted:

After a Sopranos episode in which his character brutally beat a young stripper to death, during an interview he stated, "After the episode aired a lot more women started hitting on me. I thought it was very revealing."

that's pretty hosed up. but after i became a six-figgy fucktard, i updated my okcupid profile with the new salary range, and i almost immediately got a ton more people viewing my profile. it was kind of depressing

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

prefect posted:

that's pretty hosed up. but after i became a six-figgy fucktard, i updated my okcupid profile with the new salary range, and i almost immediately got a ton more people viewing my profile. it was kind of depressing

Hello sexy

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress off he's mine

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

prefect posted:

same, but when i updated my dong length to 10"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
            /

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Jon Arbuckle in 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

whoa

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

what the gently caress

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
welp

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im sorry but those loafers are absolutely NON CANONICAL

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm hyperventilating

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lomarf

https://twitter.com/ira/status/897572806766055424

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The CSA was never a country: it was an ongoing criminal conspiracy against the US. Hth.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Schadenboner posted:

The CSA was never a country: it was an ongoing criminal conspiracy against the US. Hth.
regardless of its actual legitimacy "president of the confederate states of america" was a title conferred on jefferson davis

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Schadenboner posted:

much like Trump's presidency :thunk:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BattleMaster posted:

much like Trump's presidency :thunk:

ironically, Russia loving loved the Union

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

prefect posted:

i always wore a ring when i was
married. in those few years i got hit on more than i ever have in my life before or after.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The city council of Bielefeld tries hard to generate publicity for Bielefeld and build a nationally known public image of the city. However, even 17 years (or more) after the conspiracy started, the mayor's office still received phone calls and e-mails which claimed to doubt the existence of the city.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
Economic aspects[edit]
The annual revenue of the love hotel industry in Japan is estimated at more than $40 billion,[25] a figure double that of Japan's anime market.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ultravoices posted:

Economic aspects[edit]
The annual revenue of the love hotel industry in Japan is estimated at more than $40 billion,[25] a figure double that of Japan's anime market.

"Japan's anime market" is the standard unit of economic measurement over there

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ultravoices posted:

Economic aspects[edit]

:eng101: love hotels are frequently cheaper than normal hotels, so stingy people in japan will often book them just as a normal place to sleep

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ultravoices posted:

Economic aspects[edit]

but is this figure accounting for people going to love hotels with their anime

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

univbee posted:

:eng101: love hotels are frequently cheaper than normal hotels, so stingy people in japan will often book them just as a normal place to sleep

i would totally do this but ive heard they wont rent to gaijin

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

i would totally do this but ive heard they wont rent to gaijin

i guess it depends on the one you go to. that said a big part of their schtick is often that you can go in and out without having to interact with anyone directly (discreet, you see), so they might not have any real way of knowing anyway

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i'm actually going to osaka next week and i think i may have accidentally reserved a love hotel. it's listed as "adults only" anyway. was the only thing near where i need to be

i'll be staying there alone though so if it really is one they'll be like "lol dude had to rent a nice hotel to get laid even with his own hand"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

i'll be staying there alone though so if it really is one they'll be like "lol dude had to rent a nice hotel to get laid even with his own hand"

this is also likely hella-common with how small japanese family living accommodations can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

i'm actually going to osaka next week and i think i may have accidentally reserved a love hotel. it's listed as "adults only" anyway. was the only thing near where i need to be

just pack a really big duffel bag and refer to it as your Idoru