Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

1 billion homes lmao

Dana is using the MPAA's method of calculating damages based on one streamer is showing it to 10 people in their home and also sharing it to 100k more around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Byolante posted:

Dana is using the MPAA's method of calculating damages based on one streamer is showing it to 10 people in their home and also sharing it to 100k more around the world.

I'll be buying the ppv in my home, my guest house and on the PlayStation in my lanai as well as for my parents, so this really isn't that far fetched

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

A couple people I know said they heard that was Mayweather betting on himself. Any truth to that or is it a bullshit rumor?

Every fight. And I'd imagine there's a great deal of truth to that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Worth keeping in mind that, unlike the nate fight, Conor will have to throw five punches to have a chance of landing one. Maidana needed to throw 858 punches over 36 minutes in order to sort of have an argument for beating Mayweather but not really. To contrast, McGregor threw 322 strikes over 25 minutes in order to arguably beat Nathan Diaz and gassed badly in the process.

sure, i dont think conor will win either way unless he catches floyd with something beautiful. im just pointing out that he can fight for a while

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jase1 posted:

A couple people I know said they heard that was Mayweather betting on himself. Any truth to that or is it a bullshit rumor?

Mayweather usually bets on himself

sum
Nov 15, 2010

JaySB posted:

Every fight. And I'd imagine there's a great deal of truth to that.

I don't see why he wouldn't. -550 are hilariously favorable odds and I think he cares about his claim to being the GOAT too much to take a dive.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Sorry to descend into weird gene talk. Health poo poo has been on my mind but doesn't belong here.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Ahahahahaha!

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

(Watching a man do extremely normal flexibility exercises) wow this guys a freakin Crank!!!

(Watching a man yell "form voltron" at his entourage, who dutifully attempt to form voltron) please defend our sport, hero.

Lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

1 billion homes lmao

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Are there even one billion occupied homes on earth?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

Are there even one billion occupied homes on earth?

nah there's 6 billion homeless people out there.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

nah there's 6 billion homeless people out there.

It might be easy to assume that all seven billion people also live alone, but that could be confirmation bias

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

they both tired in that fight, they were fighting at a fairly good pace too. if he was really suffering much more than nate then nate would have taken him apart. they were at 170 also and this fight is at 155

Conor tired first. At 7 minutes. Exactly when he started badly tiring in their first fight.

Also cutting 15 pounds is awesome for your cardio.

I.N.R.I posted:

sure, i dont think conor will win either way unless he catches floyd with something beautiful. im just pointing out that he can fight for a while

7 minutes is a while.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Marching Powder posted:

Worth keeping in mind that, unlike the nate fight, Conor will have to throw five punches to have a chance of landing one. Maidana needed to throw 858 punches over 36 minutes in order to sort of have an argument for beating Mayweather but not really. To contrast, McGregor threw 322 strikes over 25 minutes in order to arguably beat Nathan Diaz and gassed badly in the process.

I'm not sticking up for Conor's gas, but 5min at a stretch is different from 3min.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

I'm not sticking up for Conor's gas, but 5min at a stretch is different from 3min.

Point definitely taken, but it probably won't translate to an output increase of like 150%

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Are these three minute rounds? I normally only catch heavyweights and my boxing knowledge is very dated. But I could have sworn it was two minute rounds.

Is this just me being me (crazy) or are two minute rounds a thing?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log posted:

Are these three minute rounds? I normally only catch heavyweights and my boxing knowledge is very dated. But I could have sworn it was two minute rounds.

Some amateur fights are 2 minutes. Professional matches are all 3 as far as I know.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Sorry to descend into weird gene talk. Health poo poo has been on my mind but doesn't belong here.

u didnt need a dna swab to be diagnosed with cip - Completely Inappropriate Posts

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

u didnt need a dna swab to be diagnosed with cip - Completely Inappropriate Posts

God damnit : scribbles CIP on a list as long as an orangutan's arm :

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Captain Log posted:

There are two minute rounds in women's boxing

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There are two minute rounds in women's boxing

Conor should try that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

Conor should try that.

Massive controversy as McGregor calls his opponent a oval office. He defends himself by claiming he calls every bitch a oval office, and insists that she'll do nothing. He makes 7 billion dollars on the fight.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Conor should try that.

Following in Floyd's footsteps

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

let's be real and admit that Floyd's gonna coast to an easy decision.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The funniest possible outcome is Conor reflexively throws a knee in the middle of the fight that connects and knocks Floyd out causing him to lose by DQ.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

coconono posted:

let's be real and admit that Floyd's gonna coast to an easy decision.

The decision to retire from boxing for real after being brutally KOed by The Notorious One.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I've now come around to the idea that conor will definitely win by ko in the 4th round.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

BGrifter posted:

The funniest possible outcome is Conor reflexively throws a knee in the middle of the fight that connects and knocks Floyd out causing him to lose by DQ.

winzor

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Did this thread just flip back to page 3 with all these hot takes of "Floyd will win" and "maybe Conor throws a kick"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The best outcome of the fight would be Conor KO's Floyd standing, then follows up with ground and pound and gets DQ'd.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The best outcome would be when Conor KOes Floyd the brain damage knocks his brain into being able to read.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best outcome is Conor teaches Floyd how to read so that can enjoy the Dragonball manga together.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope that Conor doesn't knock him out too badly, it would be really bad if the man who presumably forms the head of the legendary defender of the universe, Voltron, suffered brain damage

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

1st AD posted:

The best outcome of the fight would be Conor KO's Floyd standing, then follows up with ground and pound and gets DQ'd.

The best outcome of the fight would be Mayweather getting a DQ headkick KO on Conor and then announcing he is coming to UFC to take Conors belt.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope that Conor doesn't knock him out too badly, it would be really bad if the man who presumably forms the head of the legendary defender of the universe, Voltron, suffered brain damage

http://pbfcomics.com/comics/guntron/

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The best outcome is Conor teaches Floyd how to read so that can enjoy the Dragonball manga together.

I think it would be a lot easier on floyds entourage if they learned how to do the ginyu force pose instead of being expected to turn into a robot dog on command

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

I've now come around to the idea that conor will definitely win by ko in the 4th round.

My man

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Conor McGregor will win via devastating laffy taffy arm barrage and look into the camera all "OI DID IT FOR ALL DE CHRONICALLY ILL OVERSHARERS OF DE WORLD" before revealing that his left glove contains Ido Portal's card...the Ace of Shamrocks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think they will have a good fight and when it's all over, the gentlemen will hug it out and maybe even kiss a little bit

• Locked thread